Craneable Attacks

Gegliosch

[09] Warrior
This is a list of attacks that when Craned guarantee the auto-evade counter. B+K CR transition auto-evade needs 10 frames to activate so you're limited in what you can punish on block.

Astaroth
AB
A~B (works on block)
1[A]B
6AB (works on block)
6A~B (works on block)
BB
B[ B ] (works on block)
2B
2[ B ]
3_33_99B
6B
FC B
WS B
JUMP B
BT 2B
3A+B
3[A+B]
4B+K (will only hit his back if he's up close)
9B+K
9[B+K]
11_77BK (the K will evade you)
22_88B
22_88B4
44B
66AB (works on block)
66B

Cervantes
B,B,B
6B,B

Kilik
22_88AB
BB
1B
2B
2_85BB
3BB
3B*B (on block too)
4B
46B
6B
6B2
6B8
7_8_9B
11_77B
22_88B
33_66_99B
44B
FC B
FC 1B
FC 3B
WS B
BT B
BT FC B
3kB
4KB
22_88KB
66KKB (works on block)
2A+B
4A+BBB (last B can be on block)
6A+B
FC A+B (works on block)
Asura Clairvoyance
Asura Dance
BP B
MO B

Lizardman
BB (will NOT work if they BB but the individual hits can be evaded)
1B
2BK
3B
4B
6B
FC B
WS B
BT B
BT FC B
44AB
44[A]B (works on block)
11_77B
22_88B
33_99B
44B
66B
A+B
33_99A+B
66A+B
8B+K
66B+KAB (works on block)
66B+KA*B (works on block)
LC A+KB

Maxi
2K,B either RCC or jump the K
FC 1A,B either RCC or jump the A
6B,B
every B after a blocked transition can be craned
e.g.
4B,LO B
3B,RO B
WS B,LI B
4A,BL B
etc.

Mitsurugi
2KB jump the K and crane the B

Taki
A,B,4A+B
WR B,B,B
every PO B and PO 236B can be craned, at least after a blocked transition

Talim
4B
WC B,*B
every B and A+B after any stance transition on Block can be craned

The Apprentice
AAB
33_66_99BB
BB
1B
3B
4B
6BBK (will not work if they press K)
6B3B
11_44_77B
WS B
2KB
FC 8KA
A+B
B+KB6BBK (will not work if they press K)
B+K6B3B (hits him airborne for some reason)
LV AABB

Voldo
aBBB
1A
3A
BB
1B
3BB
4BA (the A will catch you)
6BB
11_77BBBK (1st B hits normal, others hit BT)
22_88B
44B
44 (hits BT)
66B
6:6B
FC 3B (hits BT)
WS B_
A+B
2A+B
FC 3A+B_CR A+B (hits BT when done from a distance)
66A+B
66A+BK (hits airborne)
FC A+K_[A+K]
BS 1A
BS 6ABB
BS BB
BS 1B
BS 2BK_[K] (K will evade)
BS 3B
BS 4BAA (A will catch)
BS 11_44_77B_
BS 22_88B
BS 33_77BB (1st B hits BT, 2nd B trades)
BS 6B_ (hits BT)
BS 66B
BS A+B
BS 2B+K
Fortune Spasm (hits airborne)
MCHT A (hits BT)
MCFT B (hits airborne)
CR B (hits BT from a distance)
DR BBB (hits if 2nd B is done)

Yoshi
a:B+K
A+B_[A+B]
BB
bA
1B
2B
4B
7_8_9B
22_88B
33_99B
44bB
66B
FC B
WS B
BT B
BT FC B
4KB (can work on block if slightly charged)
2A+BB (won't work if they do both)
WR A+B
WR A+B2B
6A+BBBB (can work on block if first is delayed)
A+K
1B+K
2B+KB
11_44_77B+K
FLE A+B
FLE 4_5_6_7_8_9A+K
FLE 66_6[6]
INT B
DGF B

Yun-Seong
1B
2BK (K will catch you)
3B
4BK (K will make u hit him airborne)
4B~K (K will make u hit him airborne)
6[ B ]
6BB (works on block)
22AB

Zasalamel
6A+B, B

craneable strings

I'm only familiar with the movelist of a few characters, so any help is appreciated.

craneable strings

Question for ya. What exactly are you looking for? Do you wanna know EVERYTHING CR will auto-counter? Or do you wanna know what he auto-counter on block? Cuz what you put as a note for Mitsu's 2KB makes me think you wanna know everything.

craneable strings

Just add what you think is useful. Obviously it doesn't make much sense to add strings where the first hits whiff, but if they can be jumped or ducked, it might me good to know if you can get a free attack throw afterwards. It's really good for punishing predictable players.

craneable strings

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. This is a interesting topic. I will some research on this and do some testing tonight and tomorrow!!

craneable strings

Zasalamel:
A+B Might work on block for the non charged as well. Haven't tested.

I have a few others to add later, but i want to test them when i get home first

craneable strings

If you mean 6A+B, B, you are right, I'll add it. It even works on hit with the GB version.

craneable strings

Guess what I found out? You can actually evade Taki's bombs! Crazy right? That's why I think this thread should be called Craneable Attacks or something like that and we list everything that can be evaded. But the title and slight topic changes have to approved by you Gegliosch since you started this thread.

craneable strings

Guess what I found out? You can actually evade Taki's bombs! Crazy right? That's why I think this thread should be called Craneable Attacks or something like that and we list everything that can be evaded. But the title and slight topic changes have to approved by you Gegliosch since you started this thread.

Sorry dude, I already mentioned that :D
It's included in the string A,B,4A+B.

If more people want want me to change the topic, I'll do it, but at the moment I don't get the point of listing single attacks you can crane, that list would include hundreds of moves.

craneable strings

Sorry dude, I already mentioned that :D
It's included in the string A,B,4A+B.

If more people want want me to change the topic, I'll do it, but at the moment I don't get the point of listing single attacks you can crane, that list would include hundreds of moves.
Darn....so you did. I'll read all the way through next time lol. I only suggested single attacks since what you can and can not evade could be surprising.

craneable strings

I could imagine a small section at the top or bottom of this thread dedicated to surprising attacks that are for some reason craneable, although they don't look like it, or even the other way around. I don't think there are too many surprises to justify a separate topic, but it also depends on what you think is unexpected.

What really surprised me though is Mitsu's 66B,B where the second hit cannot be auto-evaded although it's visually and input-wise a B-attack.

craneable strings

I think noting that ALL Taki's bombs can be avoided is worth mentioning.

Anyway, you can also auto-evade Cervantes' 214B, 4A+B and 4B+K

craneable strings

Fun fact: you can auto-evade Apprentice's A+B (Force pull) but not Vader's Force stuff since it isn't linear.

craneable strings

Mitsurugi:

2K,B jump the K and crane the B

I've been trying this and found that when you place yourself into crane you are standing with the leg that is away of the enemy, so if Mitsu is not really close, 2K usually misses, and then you evade and punish the B, without having to jump the 2K...

It is unreliable, but i'm doing it a lot. Crane dodge and punish is one of my biggest weapons.

craneable strings

Ok I'm going through everyone's movelist and finding every single Craneable move there is. I'll note if you can B+K on block too in the original spirit of the thread and individual parts of a move that can be evaded in red. Some multi-part moves won't get evaded if both parts are done. It's stupid but true. Most likely due to the speed between parts. Liz's BB is one such move.

Mikosu, you're my fucking hero. Not a regular hero, a fucking hero.

Anyway, I know that the second part of Nightmare's BBB hits, up close (I think the second hit whiffs when it's far enough away).

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you can CR the second hit (And probably the third) for Nightmare's BBB. Also, we should include the stuff that's not immediately obvious, like Taki's ninja bombs, IMHO.

First post needs an edit. It's unproductive to make a list of standard verticals, as we know CR will evade them. It makes more sense just to post where you can CR between strings, hit and block where applicable. So in Yoshi's case, you will narrow it down to say, Doorknocker, 2A+BB, 3AB and 4KB.

Aww thanks Dully. That alone makes doing this worth it. I reformatted the first post and added all of Lizardman, Kilik, and Yoshimitsu's moves.

First post needs an edit. It's unproductive to make a list of standard verticals, as we know CR will evade them. It makes more sense just to post where you can CR between strings, hit and block where applicable. So in Yoshi's case, you will narrow it down to say, Doorknocker, 2A+BB, 3AB and 4KB.
Not exactly. Lizardman BB is an example of why as I will note with any others up there. And as I said the 10 frame requirement for B+K to activate limits what you can do so the list would be tiny. This'll likely get too big but every attack you can evade is pretty cool for knowledge's sake. This list will be really useful if your opponent is being predictable. Some of the things you can and can't evade are surprising like evading Yoshi's A+B. Guess I'll see what to do with this as I keep researching.

Hell, I didn't know that. Maybe we should just make a list of weird crap that can be craned. I'd test out some of Voldo's stuff (236 A+B comes to mind), but I don't have access to my 360 for the rest of this week.

Back