Cutting Block!: Which Pre-SCV Character(s) Would You Leave Out of the Roster and Why?

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
Greeting, SC fans! I wish to talk about wish of the characters that have appeared before SCV do you think that we could leave out of the roster without greatly affecting series and why. These reasons could have something to do with game-play, story, etc. or a combination.

You don't have to think about their popularity (or lack thereof) when making your choices.

My reason for not having SCV newcomers as an option is that it would have been too easy for many to make that decision. I also feel that they are still fresh characters that could use more development, so I am against getting rid of them...

For more discussion on this matter, check out this thread:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/trying-to-redeem-the-scv-newcomers.19423/

Last edited:
Rock because nothing of value would be lost.
86569d2a846d40bb29a5c7a02c4b027d.png

Well...:
  • From a game-play standpoint he was a bottom-tier character. Why use him when Astaroth can do everything he does better?
  • From a story-stand point, his latest goal was to defeat Astaroth after losing to him. What's left for him to do now that Maxi beat him to it?

He's so irrelevant that people forgot he even existed. Seriously, of all the SCV cuts, practically no one complained about him being gone, mainly because they didn't even notice. Matter of fact, I remember when people bring up the fact that most of the male fighters returned, they say Zasalamel and Yun-Seong were the only ones left out. Those people forgot Rock was even there.

And he's still more popular than Patroklos. Go figure.

Well...:
  • From a game-play standpoint he was a bottom-tier character. Why use him when Astaroth can do everything he does better?
  • From a story-stand point, his latest goal was to defeat Astaroth after losing to him. What's left for him to do now that Maxi beat him to it?
I'm honestly surprised with the amount of games Rock has been in he hasn't at least gathered some sort of fanbase or gotten a decent moveset. Just shows you that it doesn't matter how many games your in if your not popular your done.

Taki needs to go, Talim needs to die, Zas needs to be white, aPat needs to go suck a dick, Leixia needs to get aborted, Viola needs to erased from existence...completely, ZWEI needs to get buffed.

Rock, Li Long and Swang need to come back

I honestly think Rock needs to go. He literally serves no purpose in the story at all and has never had a single spot of sunlight at all. Not to mention he's never risen out of the bottom tier in any SC game. Much like what Hydro said here and what I said in the SC6 Discussion thread, what Rock does Astaroth does better.

I'm also on board for Talim getting the cut. I know some like her personality but those are the same kids who worship her as if she was a goddess or some shit like that. In simple terms she's overrated af. Much like Rock she has no relevance to the story and has never been that great in a competitive environment. Can anyone recall a time where Talim has had any sunlight in both of these areas? I'd like to know.

For returning characters, I would be interested in seeing Hwang and Cassandra making a comeback.

I honestly think Rock needs to go. He literally serves no purpose in the story at all and has never had a single spot of sunlight at all. Not to mention he's never risen out of the bottom tier in any SC game. Much like what Hydro said here and what I said in the SC6 Discussion thread, what Rock does Astaroth does better.

I'm also on board for Talim getting the cut. I know some like her personality but those are the same kids who worship her as if she was a goddess or some shit like that. In simple terms she's overrated af. Much like Rock she has no relevance to the story and has never been that great in a competitive environment. Can anyone recall a time where Talim has had any sunlight in both of these areas? I'd like to know.

For returning characters, I would be interested in seeing Hwang and Cassandra making a comeback.
I think Talim was mid tier or something in soul caliber 2 apart from that she was terrible in every other game which probably could of changed if they put more then 2 seconds of thought for her gameplay.

Apart from that I have no idea how she got so popular when almost everything was working against her for it.

I think Talim was mid tier or something in soul caliber 2 apart from that she was terrible in every other game which probably could of changed if they put more then 2 seconds of thought for her gameplay.

Apart from that I have no idea how she got so popular when almost everything was working against her for it.
MUH TALIM fans and their constant bitching is my best answer.

Yeah but how did that happen? there has to be a huge cause or something for everyone to suddenly treat her like she's the second coming of Christ.
It could be a result of Wiidude83's Top 10 SC Characters video. Spoiler alert, Talim is #1 on his list. Other than that, I've got nothing as to how she got so popular.

Yeah but how much influence does that guy actually have surely it couldn't be why Talim got this much of a push from fans.

He's so irrelevant that people forgot he even existed. Seriously, of all the SCV cuts, practically no one complained about him being gone, mainly because they didn't even notice. Matter of fact, I remember when people bring up the fact that most of the male fighters returned, they say Zasalamel and Yun-Seong were the only ones left out. Those people forgot Rock was even there.

And he's still more popular than Patroklos. Go figure.
On the contrary, I actually remember that a lot of people were speculating whether he or perhaps Bangoo were going to be in SCV so actually I think you're getting a bit confused there. I see/have seen absolutely NO ONE talking about Yun-Seong either, but since you weren't actually on the site when SCV was in development/coming out I can understand why you might think that. I am pretty certain there were quite a few people who had actually hoped some form of Rock, be it him or his son, would be in SCV.

I like how the ordinary fans miss Talim and all of the "competitive community" let's say, is shitting on her as hard as it's possible. I'd leave out Asta, but that's just a thing of personal hatred. When it comes to Rock, you' right. I mean, thinking back to Rock now, it just feels weird he ever was in SC. I don't think anyone will miss Rock.

Rock, cus everything he does is better done by Asta. Also he is quite boring design wise.
Talim, she seems out of place personality wise and her moveset is very annoying. I personally never understood why she is even in SC.

Also, Yun-Seong? I'd much rather see Hwang.
Also this.
Zas needs to be white
Why so? He's ok' being black. Actually it's hard to imagine him white for me, unless he would become completely new character altogether.

Back