Cutting Block!: Which Pre-SCV Character(s) Would You Leave Out of the Roster and Why?

Age doesn´t matter it just has to fit the character. The only time people would bitch about aging characters is if it concerns female characters which is a problem so you are kinda right. One the one hand people want a realistic story und progress but on the other hand they dont wan´t Ivy to actually look as old as she is nor do they want character replacements which is pretty stupid in my opinion. As for male characters it doesn't really matter. Old mitsu looks great ( He could actually look ever older tbh, Cerv always looked old edge master is super ripped considering his age it wont make them boring or unpleasant. Xiba also fits the game even though he is young. I personally don't think people would mind again characters as long as they are male as stupid as it sounds.

Last edited:
One the one hand people want a realistic story und progress but on the other hand they dont wan´t Ivy to actually look as old as she is nor do they want character replacements which is pretty stupid in my opinion.
Without big time-jumps that won't really be a problem. In most fighting games time-gap between numbered entries in the series is quite small (sometimes it just starts of exact moment previous one ended). And yes gameplay and aesthetics > realistic story. Story should be decent, but don't come in contrary with those two things. And I dislike Xiba as he is. I do agree with "age is not really a problem for male characters", but completely dislike idea of having very young characters no matter gender and other details.

I don´t think it matters too much as long as they aren´t 14 like in anime fighting games. But who knows maybe even that could work something like Platinum from BB only a bit more serious with a hammer could work possibly (without all that girly blazblue stuff of course just age and choice of weapon and height ). I also don´t mind replacements would be totally fine with Damp replaced by a different character as long as they share similarities and fighting style like e. g. natsu/taki

I don´t think it matters too much as long as they aren´t 14 like in anime fighting games. But who knows maybe even that could work something like Platinum from BB only a bit more serious with a hammer could work possibly
SC is not anime'ish enough for that, neither I want it to be.
Platinum works well for BB and May for GG, because its BB/GG and both setting and general mood of series allow such things.

Yea just imagine a character. Girl of her age/height using some kind of staff hammer thing like she does just with a darksoulish design instead of anime weeb stuff. I think that could work. Wearing a brown robe or something Kappa

More like A.b.a just smaller Kappa

Yea just imagine a character. Girl of her age/height using some kind of staff hammer thing like she does just with a darksoulish design instead of anime weeb stuff. I think that could work. Wearing a brown robe or something Kappa
...Hmm, i'd prefer some kind of spear, or some type of assassin-type lite weapon. That could work. As long as she's not retarded Kappa

I brought up Yoda because if quite a few of your options are taken away from you because the character is too short and grabs for some reason then they really shouldn't be the game even if the character sucks it just doesn't become fun for anyone.
It hindered Astaroth's and Rock's performance against him considering their move sets revolve around throws

About the age factor, I'm surprised no one has brought up Voldo's age. He's 67 yrs old now and he's still here. Seriously, I honestly doubt a 67 year old man would still be able to bend his body that much without shattering a bone. But then again, this IS Voldo we are talking about.

About the age factor, I'm surprised no one has brought up Voldo's age. He's 67 yrs old now and he's still here. Seriously, I honestly doubt a 67 year old man would still be able to bend his body that much without shattering a bone. But then again, this IS Voldo we are talking about.
At this point I doubt Voldo is just a human (artificially sensory restricted and quite stretchy, but still human).

Rock because nothing of value would be lost.

It's true that Rock has just been an inferior Astaroth gameplay-wise since after Soul Edge but that's nothing Namco couldn't fix if they wanted to, and nothing stops them from writing a new and better story for him either. His design is pretty awesome so I wouldn't mind him coming back as long as they make some needed improvements to his moveset.

I want Yunsung to stay gone personally. He was always just a poor man's Hwang to me. I'd leave Cassandra out too since she was never different enough from Sophitia to deserve a character slot in my opinion. Other than that all the old characters are fine.

It's true that Rock has just been an inferior Astaroth gameplay-wise since after Soul Edge but that's nothing Namco couldn't fix if they wanted to, and nothing stops them from writing a new and better story for him either. His design is pretty awesome so I wouldn't mind him coming back as long as they make some needed improvements to his moveset.

I want Yunsung to stay gone personally. He was always just a poor man's Hwang to me. I'd leave Cassandra out too since she was never different enough from Sophitia to deserve a character slot in my opinion. Other than that all the old characters are fine.
I think your missing one thing with Rock here has he every been popular in any regard? I think there is a reason he never got any effort devoted to him.

Also excuse me if I don't know 100% the differences for these characters but if you think Cassandra should be left out because not enough differences between her and Sophitia then shouldn't either Knightmare or Siegfried get cut because of their similarities?

Also excuse me if I don't know 100% the differences for these characters but if you think Cassandra should be left out because not enough differences between her and Sophitia then shouldn't either Knightmare or Siegfried get cut because of their similarities?
Nighty and Sieg started off as clones but they eventually gained different fighting styles starting with SCIII. Sophie and Cassandra have had their different movesets from the start, with only sharing a few similar attacks.

Back