Dampierre Q&A / General Discussion

So is 6B advantage on block? I did a little bit of testing and the training mode tip even says it leaves you at advantage, but the guide says it's -2.

Also, since 6B is a TCing high attack, you can have two Dampierres face off with this move and never hit each other.
6B has always been +2 since SCBD, the -2 must have ben a typo for them. Another error in the guide is his AA; it's listed as i12 but it's actually i13.

6B has always been +2 since SCBD, the -2 must have ben a typo for them. Another error in the guide is his AA; it's listed as i12 but it's actually i13.

According to the wiki, Dampierre's 6B got +3 in Broken Destiny and I'm pretty sure AA still comes out in 12 frames. The thing I'm kind of unsure about is 623B coming out in 22 frames, because I keep counting 20.

On the topic of the bubble glitch, it seems it doesn't affect all bubbles. I used CE against an aerial Algol shooting bubbles and it just reflected it back at him and knocked him outta the air.

On the topic of the bubble glitch, it seems it doesn't affect all bubbles. I used CE against an aerial Algol shooting bubbles and it just reflected it back at him and knocked him outta the air.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the glitch occurs when Algol physically attacks you before the bubble connects. I don't think a raw bubble was the cause.

According to the wiki, Dampierre's 6B got +3 in Broken Destiny and I'm pretty sure AA still comes out in 12 frames. The thing I'm kind of unsure about is 623B coming out in 22 frames, because I keep counting 20.
I'm the one who uncovered all of Dampierre's Broken Destiny frame data and added it to the wiki. Nobody's perfect, so I'm sure I made a few mistakes, the +3 6B being one of them.

AA does indeed come out in 13 frames, I've tested thoroughly because when I thought it was i12 I was bothered by the fact that it couldn't punish Natsu's A+B which is -12 on block.

As for 623B, iirc it was i20 when I did the data for BD, so I figured the guide might have been wrong about it being i22, but I never got around to retesting all of Dampierre's SCV data.
If the bubble is getting GI'd then you're doing it wrong. The glitch doesn't happen when the bubble hits during the GI frames, but rather after another move gets GI'd, and a bubble interrupts his "cinematic" animation on startup.

Aside from the glitch happening after Algol's 6BBB, another way to have it happen is to have a bubble bounce off the wall and head towards Dampierre, then have Algol do a normal attack which Dampierre would CE, right before the incoming bubble hits. It's much harder to do the glitch this way though.

So I've incorporated the character freeze glitch into my game. I fought some Algols online recently and I intentionally activated the glitch a couple of times when I was in a health advantage in order to win by time-out. It seems pretty practical since Algol players seem to like doing 6BBB every once in a while, and will naturally attack right after since they would feel safe after the bubble.

Now the question is, would I get away with doing it in a tournament? Technically it's not "banned" since tournament rules don't specifically state anything about glitches being banned. And it's not game breaking since the actual game itself doesn't freeze, just the characters do until time is up. Sure, it gives a guaranteed victory but it's very situational. Just like ring outs give a guaranteed victory and are also situational.

What do you guys think, should I do it against an Algol if I were to face him in a major tournament?

So I've incorporated the character freeze glitch into my game. I fought some Algols online recently and I intentionally activated the glitch a couple of times when I was in a health advantage in order to win by time-out. It seems pretty practical since Algol players seem to like doing 6BBB every once in a while, and will naturally attack right after since they would feel safe after the bubble.

Now the question is, would I get away with doing it in a tournament? Technically it's not "banned" since tournament rules don't specifically state anything about glitches being banned. And it's not game breaking since the actual game itself doesn't freeze, just the characters do until time is up. Sure, it gives a guaranteed victory but it's very situational. Just like ring outs give a guaranteed victory and are also situational.

What do you guys think, should I do it against an Algol if I were to face him in a major tournament?

Yes, I think so far nobody has complained so much about this glitch on 8wr, and it's extremely situational (if any Algol player knew this they'd think twice before taking action).

Would definitely be a nice moment for EVO or other moments if this were recorded I can imagine...finals...Dampierre v Algol...30 seconds left on the clock...activate CE!!! *GAME FREEZES* IT'S OVER OOFMATIC TAKES IT!!

Algol's gonna get pissed:)

AZ

I swear, Dampierre is banned from all SC5 tournaments because he sucks. Especially pulling off 623K,K,K,K,K,K,K (JF) is a nightmare. even his CE is just a GI. I'm saying that even if I don't have Dampierre, he'll just be crap anyway. -_-

I swear, Dampierre is banned from all SC5 tournaments because he sucks. Especially pulling off 623K,K,K,K,K,K,K (JF) is a nightmare. even his CE is just a GI. I'm saying that even if I don't have Dampierre, he'll just be crap anyway. -_-

Hmm....is this Percy...? If it is, welcome to 8wr and I don't know how you missed the newbie player forum area... Please don't troll here, go troll somewhere else

If it's not you then my bad...

Anyways, Dampierre hasn't and won't be banned from tournamnets. B!E! isn't that bad if you practice it regulary, heck even mashing it out is better than nothing. Yes his CE may be just a GI to you, but it's a really great (but occasionally unreliable) comeback mechanic that does really good damamge, 112 on clean hit.

Dampierre is low tier but he's not that bad that you can't win with him...

AZ

Why would anybody ban a character that sucks?

I mean you're saying that Dampierre sucks right? Then what would be the point of banning him if he's so terrible..?

Max damage on Dampierre's CE is 135 on clean hit.

I'm wondering how the wiki is being written, is it being copied and pasted from a guide or is it being tested as well; I ask because it's taking a while to fully update and there are some errors/ gaps in the info.

Max damage on Dampierre's CE is 135 on clean hit.

I'm wondering how the wiki is being written, is it being copied and pasted from a guide or is it being tested as well; I ask because it's taking a while to fully update and there are some errors/ gaps in the info.

Well if you can show me a video of 135 clean hit on Dampierre's CE that'll be great, afaik after some testing I kept getting 112 clean hit damage, no more, no less. Oh but wait, maybe somebody can send me video proof of it too hmm?

I've been fooling around with Dampierre's CE some more, so far the max dmg I've done is 135 with clean hit, which is pretty impressive compared to how much it did before.

I don't have the copy of the guide myself, so most of the damage section parts and frames I've done myself, I've had to refer to my friends own guide just before I left so I can get some info down to update on the wiki and then test via practice mode.

It's taking a while yes because well, I don't exactly have lots of time on my hands, but I do try and update and fill in what I can:)

AZ

The damage I found on the CE are:
108 (@ 0:35)
135 (@ 3:08, very end)

AZ, your creating troll bait, send a PM if you need a video.

Awesome man, just proof is all that is needed, my eyes cannot deny! Thank you!

Though really you could have split the clips, but it's ayt!

AZ

Back