Dampierre Q&A / General Discussion

random Dampierre post.

I don't know if this is a pun (lol), but I'll let it slip by, let there be no more random posts like this again. The SA is pretty quiet so let it be kept that way if you please, unless you have a valid question.

Have fun.

AZ

I remember someone posted (I believe its Ooofmatic) that 4B can be used against Asta's CE if times correctly, does that mean I can assume 6B as well? Im not sure if this was answered already >.< sorry if it was

Sry for the double post:

I wanted to know how I could follow up a blocked 33B(BE) I usually go with a grab and most ppl dont see that coming but I was wondering what other options should I go for? Maybe a 1B? (I did post this somewhere else but I thought it would be a good idea to post here too)

Has anyone ever caught Maxi's 66K with 4B and get that little juggle dmg? I was wondering if ya could do the same with the BE version of the kick

I hope I dont get reported for posting so many times .__. sry folks,
I was wondering tho, who will be attenting SCR this year, I'm hoping not to be the only Damp guy again xD but I do plan on maining him the whole way, so I was wondering if there were any others planning to do the same?

Hey Mark, I'm cool with you posting as many times (well not that many) but as long as it's relevant you're good!

Seems to be you'll be the only Dampierre rep, and tbh I like it that way, you'll stand out more!

AZ

Azy, the podcast was great! I always played Damp very offensively but lately I have been working on being smarter defensive wise. I was messing around in ranked when I did 22/88 K and for some reason I did 4B right after and it hit, have ya ever done that before?

Azy, the podcast was great! I always played Damp very offensively but lately I have been working on being smarter defensive wise. I was messing around in ranked when I did 22/88 K and for some reason I did 4B right after and it hit, have ya ever done that before?

Yes it is possible from a certain range. Glad you enjoyed the podcast!

AZ

Hey guys. I want to step up my damp game, but I to do that, I need more consistency with his Bravo Encore! JF. I find mashing the move only works for me about 30% of the time. Does anyone have the actual timing down for this move? If so, could someone make a video showing the timing? If you need an example of what im looking for, look at the B+K JF page I made in the Maxi forums

After a few hours of practice, ive actually figured out the timing for B!E!. Its actually pretty similar to the timing on Maxi's B+KBBBA JF. A quick double tap of K initially, then 3 Ks at the same rate as Maxi's Bs, and then three quick Ks. Not sure if anyone cares at this point, but maybe ill make a vid wheni improve my consistency

I'd like to see a vid, sometimes my consistency is not good :(. I usually just time it for the first few hits then mash the rest of the hits xD. I need it more consistent!

After a few hours of practice, ive actually figured out the timing for B!E!. Its actually pretty similar to the timing on Maxi's B+KBBBA JF. A quick double tap of K initially, then 3 Ks at the same rate as Maxi's Bs, and then three quick Ks. Not sure if anyone cares at this point, but maybe ill make a vid wheni improve my consistency

Thats usually how I do it, well the beginning part and then I mash the hell out of it, I havent really practice B!E! as much as I should have tho :/ and I dont make videos (I lack the equipment) but if ya could or if someone does, it would be most appreciated

Video should be around by next week most likely. Im already at around 30% success with no mashing (exactly 8 presses). The last kick seems to be the hardest to time. It has a different rhythm then the other Ks. My timing on 7 kicks is nearly 100%

Last edited:
The last 2 are always difficult for me I think the last one is almost right after the 2nd to last kick right? If they are like Maxi's B+KKK etc. then that explains a lot cuz I can rarely land that one xD but I am a bit better at Damps B!E! still need a bit more work tho, but for now I am going to continue with the mashing for now I'm aiming for a Hat Trick at SCR

I have come to notice that I hardly use 3K, I'm not sure why I havent used it but I did underestimate it, I was wondering on how to use it effectively, any tips?

I have come to notice that I hardly use 3K, I'm not sure why I havent used it but I did underestimate it, I was wondering on how to use it effectively, any tips?

IMO, there is no "effective" way to use this move

The move hits grounded so use it for wake ups (mid/throw mixups as such)

It's a good move, but it doesn't shine in my books much, but it's -11 which in this game isn't so bad!

3K is decent move, but I just dont see where it fits in. its too slow for its range. Punishing with it is pointless at i18, as is poking.

Back