Dark Souls

Interesting snip
I always just bought the Twinkle from the giant blacksmith when I needed it. I just wish there were more regular slabs per playthrough. I prefer weapons that have plus 15 ratings or atleast some scaling. I made, but rarely use lightning and fire weapons.

I have done a pure archer and that is pretty fun, but I still prefer my 170 something samurai man.

I always just bought the Twinkle from the giant blacksmith when I needed it. I just wish there were more regular slabs per playthrough. I prefer weapons that have plus 15 ratings or atleast some scaling. I made, but rarely use lightning and fire weapons.

I have done a pure archer and that is pretty fun, but I still prefer my 170 something samurai man.

Easiest Slabs to get are the Titanite slabs. Go to New Lando and farm them from the DarkWraiths, along with droping titanite chunks like crazy they also drop Titanite slabs and are worth 1200 souls each. I upgraded my Zweihander to +15 and the complete elite armou set to +15 in one playthrough just by farming from them. You can also get 3 Titanite slabs during one playthrough, one from the stray demon in the undead asylum, one if you do the Siegmeyer storyline and the last you can get if you have the DLC.

After playing the faith build I think that know the game inside and out gameplay wise, I'm working on learning the lore but I've also got most of that down. Pretty soon I'll be able to answer any and all questions about the game whether if be gameplay related or story related.

Easiest Slabs to get are the Titanite slabs. Go to New Lando and farm them from the DarkWraiths, along with droping titanite chunks like crazy they also drop Titanite slabs and are worth 1200 souls each. I upgraded my Zweihander to +15 and the complete elite armou set to +15 in one playthrough just by farming from them. You can also get 3 Titanite slabs during one playthrough, one from the stray demon in the undead asylum, one if you do the Siegmeyer storyline and the last you can get if you have the DLC.

After playing the faith build I think that know the game inside and out gameplay wise, I'm working on learning the lore but I've also got most of that down. Pretty soon I'll be able to answer any and all questions about the game whether if be gameplay related or story related.
The cool thing about the lore is that a lot of it is left to the imagination of the player, and I really like that. Rather than having this chain of events mythos that make it seem like there is 0 mystery. For example: everyone's theories on who the first born sun is. I have my own theory, which if you want I could get into, but that may cause an argument because some people feel way to strongly at times XD.

But yeah, I have done pretty much anything but faith builds, and that is only because I have 0 interest in their equipment. I remember how it was for demon's souls and I figured it was the same thing here: it was just not worth it.

The cool thing about the lore is that a lot of it is left to the imagination of the player, and I really like that. Rather than having this chain of events mythos that make it seem like there is 0 mystery. For example: everyone's theories on who the first born sun is. I have my own theory, which if you want I could get into, but that may cause an argument because some people feel way to strongly at times XD.

But yeah, I have done pretty much anything but faith builds, and that is only because I have 0 interest in their equipment. I remember how it was for demon's souls and I figured it was the same thing here: it was just not worth it.

I'm game for lore/theory talk as it will help me in a project that I am working on.

Faith builds are dependent on you, I made a holy knight. I use the elite knight armour set and the Zweihander, I also have the darkmoon weapon miracle and any other miracle that may come in handy. Honestly faith builds seem to be melee characters but with the ability to heal and ability to buff their weapons whenever they want. Though as I mentioned before you don't really see the benefit till later in the game, at least that's been my experience.

I'm game for lore/theory talk as it will help me in a project that I am working on.

Faith builds are dependent on you, I made a holy knight. I use the elite knight armour set and the Zweihander, I also have the darkmoon weapon miracle and any other miracle that may come in handy. Honestly faith builds seem to be melee characters but with the ability to heal and ability to buff their weapons whenever they want. Though as I mentioned before you don't really see the benefit till later in the game, at least that's been my experience.
Ok, so my theory may sound odd at first, so I will have the explanation first then the theory.

Alright: First born sun. Not first born son, first born sun. A lot of people love to think solaire or even andre, which has it's merit for andre in particular (considering he was originally slated to be the first born) but that turned out not to be the case. Now, you are given these 3 particular clues:

1.) The statues in anor londo: There is not a single one for the first born. Why is that? There is one for everybody except the first born (and maybe gwyndolin).

2.) The undead prophecy: The undead were stated to have the power to overthrow lord gwyn in order to start a new age or continue the same one, so would it be possible that the child became undead, and for fear of being overthrown, gwyn sent that child to the asylum?

3.) Gwyndolin: Think about this: gwyndolin was born male, but because of some dumb reason (the whole moon thing) was raised as a female. So knowing that the sun (not son) spelling is in effect, that would mean it is entirely possible the first born is female as well.

...Have you figured out my theory? If no one else in the game is the first born (assuming they are in the game at all) the only logical choice in my mind...is you, the player. Think about it: why is it you are the only undead able to make it this far? How come you have so much power? How come you can do the things you do and even beat gwyn? My theory is that at one point you became an undead, so gwyn (your father) feared your rise in power, so he banishes you to the asylum. Who knows how long you have been in the asylum, and who knows why...one thing is for sure, it has it's heir about it that makes me think that we are the first born regardless of gender.

Of course, just my theory.

1.) The statues in anor londo: There is not a single one for the first born. Why is that? There is one for everybody except the first born (and maybe gwyndolin).

That's because the first born son was stripped of his status after he did some thing (It's never stated what he did exactly)

2.) The undead prophecy: The undead were stated to have the power to overthrow lord gwyn in order to start a new age or continue the same one, so would it be possible that the child became undead, and for fear of being overthrown, gwyn sent that child to the asylum?

It's pretty much been agreed upon that the player is the decendent of the pygmy so it can't be a child of Gwyn.

3.) Gwyndolin: Think about this: gwyndolin was born male, but because of some dumb reason (the whole moon thing) was raised as a female. So knowing that the sun (not son) spelling is in effect, that would mean it is entirely possible the first born is female as well.

As interesting as this sounds it can't be. Gwyndolin has been stated to be the last born and there is also a miracle located by Gwyns tomb. The miracle is called the Sunlight blade a miracle that uses sunlight, Gwyndolin can't uses moon magic, the miracle also states that it was left by his first born son before he left Anor Lando.

...Have you figured out my theory? If no one else in the game is the first born (assuming they are in the game at all) the only logical choice in my mind...is you, the player. Think about it: why is it you are the only undead able to make it this far? How come you have so much power? How come you can do the things you do and even beat gwyn? My theory is that at one point you became an undead, so gwyn (your father) feared your rise in power, so he banishes you to the asylum. Who knows how long you have been in the asylum, and who knows why...one thing is for sure, it has it's heir about it that makes me think that we are the first born regardless of gender.

Of course, just my theory.

Sadly the player can't be seeing as he is a human and has the dark sign. The dark sign is something only humans have and the reason you can kill the gods is because the first flame is weakening and that is the source of power for the gods.

Interesting ideas though I doubt it. Then again you can never really know, I may be wrong and you may be right or we may both be wrong and the first son ends up being Patches.

General obsession with the sun. He painted it on his armor and sheild personally. Search for his own personal "sun" which leads him to go crazy.
He's one the only 2 NPC's that use thrown lightning. (Other being Ornstien who is not the firstborn for many reasons.)
His affiliation with the firstborn's covenant.
Sunlight Medal description: The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn,
who lost his deity stats and was expunged from the annals. But the old God of War still watches closely over his warriors."
Solaire literally watches over members of the sunlight covenant via boss fight summons.
If you kill him the sunlight alter fails to function giving credibility to the idea he is the source of the covenant.
He gives a really straight forward clue in dialog: "Oh, hello there. I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

That's because the first born son was stripped of his status after he did some thing (It's never stated what he did exactly)

It's pretty much been agreed upon that the player is the decendent of the pygmy so it can't be a child of Gwyn.

As interesting as this sounds it can't be. Gwyndolin has been stated to be the last born and there is also a miracle located by Gwyns tomb. The miracle is called the Sunlight blade a miracle that uses sunlight, Gwyndolin can't uses moon magic, the miracle also states that it was left by his first born son before he left Anor Lando.

Sadly the player can't be seeing as he is a human and has the dark sign. The dark sign is something only humans have and the reason you can kill the gods is because the first flame is weakening and that is the source of power for the gods.

Interesting ideas though I doubt it. Then again you can never really know, I may be wrong and you may be right or we may both be wrong and the first son ends up being Patches.
1.) exactly, never stated. So it is entirely possible it was because he/she had the dark sign and thus cast out because of it.
2.) who says it cannot be a blood relation? We know little to nothing about the pygmy so it is possible that the blood of both people flows through the player...perhaps the king and the pygmy are brothers?
3.) That does not change anything. I said that it was the spelling. The first born could be male or female (son not sun) so that could make it possible regardless of the gender you make your character to still be the first born.
4.) Even so, why now? Why is it this undead/branded got so lucky as to kill every boss. Perhaps simple luck, but then again, from soft works in odd ways.

I was watching the trailer yesterday and I was like 'The game look pretty good, it kind of of reminds me of Dark Souls', then title appears Dark Souls II, and I was like OMFG, totally win.

Back