Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Yeah but keep in mind that DOA4 is alot! older than SCIV and their respective sequels come out both in the next year.

DOA4 looks imo almost like shit nowadays, but SCIV looks still great(except some stages).

So imo i´ts no surprise that DOA5 looks better at this moment compared to it´s predecessor than SCV does.

DOA really! needed a graphical overhaul, SC does not imo. ;)
Be that as it may Soul Calibur 4 will be close to 4 years old when SC5 comes out, I don't think that's too short of a time span to improve the graphics. I just don't really see the logic of simply leaving it the same unless they're trying to save cash, and even that doesn't make me too happy. I will still love the game and all but I think a little graphical boost could have gone a long way. With DOA5 I think they were just really smart. Doesn't matter if the game is crap or if it's the best game ever, either way the graphics and visual effects will sell a ton of copies.

You guys both games are beautiful! They are just so different! One is weapon based and like back in the day lol, But that whats cool about SC its got this fantasy element that is unique! Even the Music in SC is calming and intelligent.

Than you have DOA lol. Which is awesome, But different, Hand to hand combat and very stylish, and it takes place in the now. So the locations are modern. But I bet when they both come out they will both look just as awesome, but different.

Day 1 buy for me the slow escaping and counters severely overshadow the depth of it and is the worst 3D fighter but still gonna buy this. I put way to much time into it to stop now.

Day 1 buy for me the slow escaping and counters severely overshadow the depth of it and is the worst 3D fighter but still gonna buy this. I put way to much time into it to stop now.

I disagree I think SC and DOA are the best 3D fighters! As far as the Counter system if you have ever Taken Martial Art you will know most of martial Arts is based of Defense and Countering your opponent! DOA countering system is more true to real life material Arts than most games!

Looks dope. Who knows if they'll make it a good game...even if they don't I'll pick it up eventually just to have a fighting game my friends will actually want to play me in.

I disagree I think SC and DOA are the best 3D fighters! As far as the Counter system if you have ever Taken Martial Art you will know most of martial Arts is based of Defense and Countering your opponent! DOA countering system is more true to real life material Arts than most games!

Actually VF is more true to martial arts than anything else. With the way the moves look, the grab break animations, and the slow speed of the game. Its slower than DOA but at the same time VF is more real as far as human movement goes. I would also put Tekken above DOA when it comes to staying true to MA and I don't know squat about it besides general knowledge of characters moves. I'm not talking about the way something looks that's so silly to judge something by graphics. There are so many good old school games on SNES, NES, and GEN. The depth I was talking about was Uncounterables or Untechable combos stuff like that. Tell me what is the formula for an uncounterable in DOA 4?

The graphical upgrade is nice, but I'm personally upset that it appears to be playing exactly like DOA4. However a lot of that you can't really tell from watching a video so it just appears to play like DOAD/DOA4 from the looks. In addition, this "trailer" was probably made one or two months ago, before Team NINJA talked with the community in Dallas. The game's system can change at anytime up to a month before release. Hell, DOA4 totally changed its gameplay within the last month of development.

That's not to say I'm upset with the trailer. I love the darker theme reminiscent of DOA3. I also love the push to not throw out the girls or tits to not give off the wrong message. They even went as far as to put a male announcer in. Lastly, I enjoy the dangerzone changing the entire arena's layout (explosion = crane knocking down pillars). Look forward to seeing the game updated over the next year. I would imagine it being a late 2012 release due to NG3 being an early 2012 release to avoid sales conflicts with the team.

Be that as it may Soul Calibur 4 will be close to 4 years old when SC5 comes out, I don't think that's too short of a time span to improve the graphics. I just don't really see the logic of simply leaving it the same unless they're trying to save cash, and even that doesn't make me too happy. I will still love the game and all but I think a little graphical boost could have gone a long way. With DOA5 I think they were just really smart. Doesn't matter if the game is crap or if it's the best game ever, either way the graphics and visual effects will sell a ton of copies.

Yeah i understand what you mean. But still, SCIV is way "younger" than DOA4. So it was only logical that it would look really good when it came out. Maybe Namco overdid it a bit back then, but i don´t care since i like the look of SCIV and SCV. ;)

That's not to say I'm upset with the trailer. I love the darker theme reminiscent of DOA3. I also love the push to not throw out the girls or tits to not give off the wrong message. T

Couldn´t say it better Mr.Wah.

Virtual Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Dead or Alive? Did the world already end and I'm in heaven? 2012 is going to be the best video gaming year in history!

It's too much right ? Tell me your not tripping out a little bit ? Like, how can this be ? it's too good!! It's tripping me out...

(New Article from http://zoknowsgaming.com)

I guess a new feature is Sweat, LOL So now the HARDER the Girls Fight, The WETTER they get ? LOL

Tecmo Koei America has announced that the popular Dead Or Alive series developed by Team NINJA will deliver a major kick with the next installment. Returning for another knock-out round, Dead Or Alive 5 will marry its signature fighting style with MMA fighting techniques with a fun twist to players new and old. Currently in development, Dead Or Alive 5 is scheduled for release in 2012 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Visually striking scenes from around the world blended with a hard-hitting cast puts players in the roles of the cast of Dead Or Alive fighters once again in this intense action packed brawler. Unlike anything players have seen before, Dead Or Alive 5 brings the series to a new level. The famed Dead Or Alive hand-to-hand combat returns supported by completely new 3D stages that maintain their incredibly characteristic style but with a fresh look and feel, and so much more.

In Dead Or Alive 5 stages act not only as visual backdrops to accompany a fight but instead play to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to execute hard hitting blows, pitting their opponents against new obstacles creating a unique experience that will leave you breathless. With each battle executing a new level of involvedness, the fighters themselves have become more complex in their design.

In Dead Or Alive 5 players will be able to feel more involved in the action as they see their fighters sweat as they exert more energy. Further, the grittier realistic design of these beloved fighters adds a new layer of depth to the Dead Or Alive series. Players can also kick up the competition in online multiplayer modes where fighters must learn to utilize their strength and weaknesses to K.O. challengers.

Who’s ready for more DOA?

It's too much right ? Tell me your not tripping out a little bit ? Like, how can this be ? it's too good!! It's tripping me out...
DUDE, dude, Dude! I feel like a kid on christmas eve only friggin time has stopped and won't resume for another 6 to 7 months. I'm tripping hardcore.

(More updates "eurogamer interview")

The fighting genre has lacked innovation in recent years, according to Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi, but its just-announced scrapper Dead or Alive 5 will be the game to push things forward.
Speaking to Eurogamer backstage at Tokyo Game Show today, Hayashi argued that though the likes of Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 looked spectacular, they hadn't offered fight fans anything new in terms of gameplay.

"Of course there have been some great fighting games that have come out and the genre has really exploded in the years since Dead or Alive 4," he said.

"But when we were looking at those games we felt that there was something missing. They definitely looked great and they played well, but they were still the same sort of fighting game from 10 years ago.

"When we were looking at what to do with Dead or Alive, we want to make sure it provides something else, something different and moves the genre forward. It's not going backwards, it's trying to push the envelope for fighting games."

Hayashi didn't offer much in the way of concrete details on how the game, which is due out some time next year, intends to reinvent the wheel, but suggested we can expect a greater focus on the series' trademark destructive environmental events.

"We wanted to bring that into the modern gameplay and update that into modern action elements. Now you're able to focus on different ares of where you want to launch your opponent and we have several different sorts of dynamic attractions in the stage so that players can enjoy that sort of aspect even more."

Team Ninja revealed a relatively classy piece of concept art during the announcement event earlier this week, which you can see below. Could this be a hint that it's dialing back the series' notorious boob fixation?

"That image encapsulates the kind of sensuality and the kind of beauty we're looking to incorporate into Dead or Alive 5," he explained.

"So, guys who just look at chick's boobs... c'mon, there's more to women and more to beauty than just boobs, so we want to take a little more adult approach to how to make women beautiful."

ss_preview_doa5rt.jpg.jpg

Dead or Alive 5 is due to be released 2012 on PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360

LOL I'm too hype right now. So many fighting games coming to us. Street fighter x Tekken, Skullgirls, Soul Calibur 5, now Dead or Alive 5! I gotta get my connection back up to 10 megabits if I plan on playing online.
Soul Calibur 5 got some competition for best Graphic. Dead or Alive 5 stepping up their game.

LOL I'm too hype right now. So many fighting games coming to us. Street fighter x Tekken, Skullgirls, Soul Calibur 5, now Dead or Alive 5! I gotta get my connection back up to 10 megabits if I plan on playing online.
Soul Calibur 5 got some competition for best Graphic. Dead or Alive 5 stepping up their game.
hold on! Skull girls comes out this year! but by what I'm seeing, every fighting game that's coming out next year are really changing up their fighting elements. Hopefully this is one band wagon the Virtual Fighter plans to hope on.

Whats skullgirls ?
It's this downloadable arcade 2-D fighting game that's getting a lot of hype from the 2D fighting community. It's coming out Fall of this year. As the name implies it's a fighting game full of girls looking like they're heading out for Halloween. That might be when the game comes out or is available for download.

Back