Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Youtube is full of garbage! And I can't find a video thread on FSD! And the Media section of the website isn't poppin' right now!

So! If you find some exciting gameplay with strong players, please post it in the thread!

I won't allow Youtube mashers to color my experiences with this game any longer!

I'm gonna go over to PeacefulJay's stream now and see if there's anything good...

IPL just put up the launch release tournament matches that were streamed, I'll be adding them to the FSD library soon:

FSD... Tecmo Koei Players/DOAC... DOAWorld...

... Is this community splintered???

Ours isn't like this, is it? Say it ain't so!

Here's the short story: There was once just DOA Central. However, many of the players disagreed with the management in regards to the future of the community and the website itself, so a few went on to create Free Step Dodge. Many of the hardcore players migrated over once the management of DOA Central decided to change over to an all encompassing Tecmo Koei fan forum. However, since they didn't have enough of an existing audience in the forum for all things Tecmo Koei, the site looks dead and is just populated with the management and the few remaining players who did not migrate to Free Step Dodge. TKP was supposed to merge with DOA World but the members of DOAW did not want anything to do with DOA Central or TK Players so the DOA World admin dropped out.

Dead or Alive World came around shortly before Free Step Dodge but has become more of a "casual" fan site. There is little discussion about the game systems or competitive exploration but is more dominantly populated with casual fan service fluff (and there's honestly nothing wrong with that, and it's not like FSD bars such discussions).

That's where the community is right now, and it is moving forward even though at the present time it can look splintered from an outsider.

Isn't Chosen1 the guy rapping in one of the themes?

Huh... shouts out to Dr Sexual...

That's where the community is right now, and it is moving forward even though at the present time it can look splintered from an outsider.
Wow, that's... Huh.

Well, good luck with that... I know there are SC players with some skills! that haven't even heard of 8WR, so... I know a message board can sometimes not be totally representative of a community.

I was gonna get a digital copy, but I think I'll just get the disk... speaking of which, does installing improve the loading times?

When LeiFang was on the train I was like "She can't be on a train, she's Asian.... Oh wait this is New York."

*Scene Happens*

"I KNEW IT."

When LeiFang was on the train I was like "She can't be on a train, she's Asian.... Oh wait this is New York."

*Scene Happens*

"I KNEW IT."
Yeah. I also liked the reference of her DOA 4 ending in the train scene. Poor business perv guy. :(

Anyway, I'm glad Jann Lee won the tournament. It was about damn time!

Just beat the story up to Kasumi Part 2. Once the plot fills itself in, it starts being kinda cool. I'm a little sad Mila was knocked out so early...but I found out I like playing as Zack and Eliot!

...but I found out I hate playing Bass... and I really suck as Rig.

*Scene Happens*

"I KNEW IT."

That was probably the best scene in the story mode. It was amazing. I felt bad for the business perv dude. He tried so, so hard to contain himself that he ended up touching Jann Lee instead as a result. I'm pretty sure he knows what would happen if he got a "piece" of LeiFang instead. Though Jann does look pretty boss in his dress shirt... *scratches chin*

I've been looking at videos that have been coming out, and... I'm not too crazy about the game. A lot of the characters don't move like I expect them to. It seems like they picked the wrong people to do the mocapping... There's no power. You don't see that smooth, full-body movement, the weight shifting, hip-turning explosiveness. It's very "floaty".

(Funny thing, Akira doesn't have that problem. The baji practitioner they got for him does it quite well, but I suppose AM2 can afford to do that.) but they can't afford new voice recordings for this game???

Also, most of the fighters are women, and not particularly violent, malicious ones, so my suspension of disbelief fades in and out.

Seriously, Hitomi saying a cute little "osu!" after a combo... reminds you that it's a game. A game from Japan, at that.

(I believe the technical term is that it "breaks immersion".)

But!big butt!

I am pretty sure I am saying all of this drivel because I have just been watching terrible players! I know it takes masters of the craft to make a game look good!

Youtube is full of garbage! And I can't find a video thread on FSD! And the Media section of the website isn't poppin' right now!

So! If you find some exciting gameplay with strong players, please post it in the thread!

I won't allow Youtube mashers to color my experiences with this game any longer!

I'm gonna go over to PeacefulJay's stream now and see if there's anything good...

Here:

yeah, i need some training against Bass badly. have no clue how that dude plays cause no one really uses him. and it's hard for me to do Kokoro's 3 part grab on the PS3 controller. used to be able to do it easy on xbox360.

going over to a friend's house later today to show them this game. hopefully they enjoy it as much as I do.

Any high level matches with Ayane? I'd like to see how she should be played.

I too would like to see this! Ayane seems like a very dynamic character because of her great spacing ability and deceptive speed but she doesn't feel as straight forward as some other characters such as Hitomi. I surprisingly haven't encountered her very often but have seen many, many Lisas.

yeah, i need some training against Bass badly. have no clue how that dude plays cause no one really uses him. and it's hard for me to do Kokoro's 3 part grab on the PS3 controller. used to be able to do it easy on xbox360.

going over to a friend's house later today to show them this game. hopefully they enjoy it as much as I do.

The game is 10x better offline.

And bass is basically a poker with grab punishment damage, as I'm sure you learned last night lol.

You basically are supposed to use Ayane as an evasive character. She has very small hurt boxes. If you're playing her as rush down then she's not really the character for you.

So this question is address to Dr. Dogg, Mr. Wah or any DOA competitive veteran. Is there a DOA character that has many risk/rewards just like Cervantes in SC5.

Back