Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Players are still dumb online. What else is new? Eh...

Tried to find something to beat wake-up kicks with Kokoro. Couldn't find anything. Hitomi's 3H+K is a nice option, on the other hand.

I'm basically in love with the new tag mode. The guaranteed damage looks amazing and I could actually see tag becoming more prevalent in a tournament setting with the changes. Its like DOA mechanics with Tekken combos! DROP THE PATCH ON XBL ALREADY.

If you want guaranteed combos, then go play SFxT or just TTT2 or hell, even marvel. I love DOA because it does not follow the same guidelines as other fighters. I love that you can react to pressure and turn it around. I love the oki, so do many others.

If tag ever became the standard (DOA is already starting to die out) then it will have even MORE of a struggle against an already established games like SFxT, TTT2 and the possibility of TxSF.

Casuals want guaranteed damage because they lack fundamentals. They feel as " If I can land a TOD combo, then I am good!"

No...it doesn't make you good. Guaranteed combos are not the answer to everything and that will make everything about this game pointless.

No need to learn your character, no need to learn crushes, frame traps, mix ups, etc.

Learn 1 combo and TOD. That is not a game I want to play, if I did - I would go back to UMVC3/ TTT2.

If you want guaranteed combos, then go play SFxT or just TTT2 or hell, even marvel. I love DOA because it does not follow the same guidelines as other fighters. I love that you can react to pressure and turn it around. I love the oki, so do many others.

If tag ever became the standard (DOA is already starting to die out) then it will have even MORE of a struggle against an already established games like SFxT, TTT2 and the possibility of TxSF.

Casuals want guaranteed damage because they lack fundamentals. They feel as " If I can land a TOD combo, then I am good!"

No...it doesn't make you good. Guaranteed combos are not the answer to everything and that will make everything about this game pointless.

No need to learn your character, no need to learn crushes, frame traps, mix ups, etc.

Learn 1 combo and TOD. That is not a game I want to play, if I did - I would go back to UMVC3/ TTT2.
Except is the core competitive DOA crowd (the type that posts on FSD and not DOAW) that wants guaranteed damage.

Hey guys I have a newbie question. Im in training doing command training with Hitomi (dont think it matters) but how to I get my back turned to the computer?

Thanks in advance. :)
Oh nvm, solved!

I like both. I wouldn't play DOA if it had long Tekken combos and guaranteed damage in single. It would lose what makes it DOA. I have UMVC3 for when I'm in that sort of mood. But prior to now tag had nothing that made it particularly interesting or worthwhile. The damage scaling changes made it much more deep. If this new direction they're taking it in attracts new people to the offline DOA scene I will gladly welcome them! The more people playing the better.

Hardcore DOA players, competitive DOA players....

WHO? WHERE?

Oh, you mean the same people who get bodied in every other game and lose in their own game by actual good players in the FGC.

The only people who actually knows this game (DOA5) is few. I would say Master is one of them, and I do not see him asking for guaranteed damage or wanting TAG mode. Hell, I hardly if ever see him post.
I try to watch DOA 5 tournaments as much as possible. Every few days I try to youtube new grand finals, winners/losers sets. While there are only a handful of tournaments posted for the North American scene, there are more of Japanese DOA 5 videos. I want to get a eye for the NA scene. And I can tell you that MANY of these "hardcore players" drop combos enough already, not to mention that they can't punish. Gamerbee and Tokido put the NA scene to shame- and they don't even play DOA5!

There was already guaranteed set ups in previous DOA games and, and that didn't help at all. Did the community grow? No. If you know the history of DOA and TN, you will know that they go back and forth between focusing on TAG/1v1.

Now to say that guaranteed combos FOR TAG is the answer for competitive play is just ....wrong. Especially when there are already games like that.

I'm just speaking from outside point of view. If TN want to get this game competitive ( which I can see that they are trying too, good effort), then they need to continue to update and re think about what will separate themselves from the other 3D fighters.

If they were going to make Tag competitive, then at least make every stage selectable for it.

Hardcore DOA players, competitive DOA players....

WHO? WHERE?
FreeStepDodge.com
Oh, you mean the same people who get bodied in every other game and lose in their own game by actual good players in the FGC.

The only people who actually knows this game (DOA5) is few. I would say Master is one of them, and I do not see him asking for guaranteed damage or wanting TAG mode. Hell, I hardly if ever see him post.
Because Manny is biased and has his own personal agenda when asking for these things. Ask anyone like Sorwah, Rikuto, etc. and they'll tell you that the game does need more guaranteed damage.

I guess it would depend on how much guaranteed damage that some would want, versus the amount of potential damage one could get if an opponent guessed wrong, or did not escape.

Because it seems to me, that there's a lot of potential damage available, and the amount of guaranteed damage tends to vary per character, and if you factor counter hits into that; that guaranteed damage can be pretty large.

Hey guys I have a newbie question. Im in training doing command training with Hitomi (dont think it matters) but how to I get my back turned to the computer?

Thanks in advance. :)
Oh nvm, solved!

Did you use Hitomi's 4H+K? It's not a commonly used move but it does leave her back to her opponent. How do you like Hitomi? Gotten a feel for her string variations, guard breaks and mix-ups?
Windstar said:
I guess it would depend on how much guaranteed damage that some would want, versus the amount of potential damage one could get if an opponent guessed wrong, or did not escape.

Because it seems to me, that there's a lot of potential damage available, and the amount of guaranteed damage tends to vary per character, and if you factor counter hits into that; that guaranteed damage can be pretty large.
The amount of potential damage in this game is good, particularly on CH. It's not uncommon to see 60%+ comboes sometimes especially with CB's. The issue is that there's a little too much guessing in this game and relatively too much risk to the aggressor even after stuns are initiated. What would be best for the game would be a greater reward for the player successfully dealing the damage.

In short: Less guessing, more damage.

Did you use Hitomi's 4H+K? It's not a commonly used move but it does leave her back to her opponent. How do you like Hitomi? Gotten a feel for her string variations, guard breaks and mix-ups?

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, haha. Thank you. :) I like her alot, she does hit hard. O.o But she's awesome, she's either gonna be my first or second, its between her and Katsumi. :D

Still working with them both of course. :)

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, haha. Thank you. :) I like her alot, she does hit hard. O.o But she's awesome, she's either gonna be my first or second, its between her and Katsumi. :D

Still working with them both of course. :)

Hitomi is awesome on about 3 levels really. Hitting hard is one of them. Kasumi's an interesting case in that she seems easy to use and is one of the fastest characters, but winning consistently is constantly a struggle for her. She has to fight for any damage she can get (though not to the same degree as Pai). If you can get legitimately solid with Kasumi (dunno who Katsumi is...), then you have my respect.

Hitomi is awesome on about 3 levels really. Hitting hard is one of them. Kasumi's an interesting case in that she seems easy to use and is one of the fastest characters, but winning consistently is constantly a struggle for her. She has to fight for any damage she can get (though not to the same degree as Pai). If you can get legitimately solid with Kasumi (dunno who Katsumi is...), then you have my respect.
LMAO you smart butt, you know who I met. But yeah. I started using her first. I know shes fast and all, but I started to use Hitomi more. Got in a few wins. I've seen a few people good with Kasumi. But there's sooo many of her. Im not a big fan of seeing/being part of something over used. I like to be Unique. :P

Back