Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Looks like a lot of rehashing. But it appears that the girls here have some new win poses (or perhaps some feature that may be exclusive to the Vita game). That, or the game's running in a debug mode and Team-Ninja has some exclusive animations they use strictly for marketing.

ss02_05.jpg

ss02_04.jpg

ss01_04.jpg

ss01_05.jpg

i feel bad for the xbox people. their patch keeps getting pushed back.

It's really weird at the moment, I literally play my 360 version to mess around in ver. 1.02.

There are significant differences. Ayane's CB game is terrible without her BT 4H+K for example. I don't know how you 360 players are doing without 1.03(A) but I feel for you. That being said, I hope you get to keep the SE glitch as a consolation in the new patch.

Dropped something like 12,000 points today, fighting mostly poorly skilled players. Although I fought some really good S ranked players, yet lost 900 points when I did. There weren't too many good S ranked players, that I fought, though.

It was annoying. Again a lot of these players fail to grasp certain concepts in the game. I kept punishing with 6P, 2H+KK, and others. Yet they continued to do perform the same silly routines. Naturally I lost against mostly all of them.

Dropped something like 12,000 points today, fighting mostly poorly skilled players. Although I fought some really good S ranked players, yet lost 900 points when I did. There weren't too many good S ranked players, that I fought, though.

It was annoying. Again a lot of these players fail to grasp certain concepts in the game. I kept punishing with 6P, 2H+KK, and others. Yet they continued to do perform the same silly routines. Naturally I lost against mostly all of them.

The new Ranked points system is more harsh for higher ranks in terms of punishment for losing but I've found that players in the A+ to S+ tend to try harder when facing someone also in the "S" range (however you win a shitload of points if you beat someone 2 ranks above you or higher).

I'm still sensing that your problem is that you're losing because you're expecting opponents to "play your game". You're expecting them to follow the fundamental concepts of the game, and when they don't, you end up failing because you couldn't get the opponent to do what you want. If your opponent is beating you with "the same silly routines", then use your own "silly routines" against them! If the opponent refuses to adapt to it, tough shit on them.

I'll let you know right now, that online, especially Ranked matches, are terrible for practical practise. I only play practise matches in the Lobby with opponents who have 4 or 5 bar connections (though I also play against people with 3 bar connections but at least "follow the rules of DOA5", i.e., don't bullshit me in lag). If your goal is to rank up in Ranked matches, you need to outwit and outplay your opponent. In other words, you can't expect them to play how you expect.

If you'd want, I could play some matches with you.

Studies show that sometimes Kunoichis have to get an abortion or else they'll be executed. Here is an graphic example....

View attachment 28764
I should be disturbed by this, but I lol'd. I feel bad about myself.

Tell that to the cannes entrants, where scv players outnumber tekken and DOA put together. Better shape than SCV? K
I'm glad for SCV, but I feel bad for Tekken. They put so much into that.

New screens out for DOA5 plus. Shows off new swimsuits, cheer leaders and seems to hint that some characters may be getting new win poses.
backpain-1292835351.jpg

I was just thinking last night they should have cheerleader outfits. Dang it, do I have to get a Vita now?

Speaking of screenshots, is Kasumi wearing a wetsuit here?
tutorialmode_image.png

I'm still sensing that your problem is that you're losing because you're expecting opponents to "play your game". You're expecting them to follow the fundamental concepts of the game, and when they don't, you end up failing because you couldn't get the opponent to do what you want. If your opponent is beating you with "the same silly routines", then use your own "silly routines" against them! If the opponent refuses to adapt to it, tough shit on them.
I played some Colinsomething guy last night, he had like a 48-5 record with Hitomi and all he did was keep mashing at advantage, disadvantage, whatever, and using her deathfist at range. That was it. And I kept losing to that crap. Finally I was just like, screw it, and started playing as stupid as he did and won 3 rounds to 0 with a perfect. Man I hate people like that.

I think that's a flaw in this game that in order to beat people playing stupid you have to play stupid too. It doesn't reward you for playing smart against mashers like SC5 does. It just makes you mash back.

I should be disturbed by this, but I lol'd. I feel bad about myself.

The feeling is mutual. Usually, I'm against seeing pretty ladies falling down stairs. However, I had to crack a joke at this. No worries though, I like Kasumi plenty. We can't all run around being all "*insert female character* is my waifu, don't make fun of her!!".........even though I sometimes feel guilty of doing that to the lovely Kokoro....^^;

The fighter pack has 11 costumes and costs 1 dollar on xbl... Is this a mistake? It does put all the dudes in undies so it's not like I'm rushing to buy it but it's only a dollar...

The hotties pack is five dollars and it's 12 swimsuits...

So I guess this is like an apology for the long delay then?

The fighter pack has 11 costumes and costs 1 dollar on xbl... Is this a mistake? It does put all the dudes in undies so it's not like I'm rushing to buy it but it's only a dollar...

Haha get it before they fix it.

Wow, I paid for it so fast, I didn't notice. >_>

Also does anyone know where any current build combo videos are for Rig? I'm more of a visual learner, so just listing the inputs doesn't do it for me (most of the time). I'm really surprised that there aren't that many new videos or maybe I just haven't found them yet. :P

They said as an apology for the delay they will have the pack on 360 at a discounted rate for a limited time.

Also does anyone know where any current build combo videos are for Rig? I'm more of a visual learner, so just listing the inputs doesn't do it for me (most of the time). I'm really surprised that there aren't that many new videos or maybe I just haven't found them yet. :P

Try searching Youtube for "DOA5(PS3®) Rig" without quotes and sort by upload date

I played some Colinsomething guy last night, he had like a 48-5 record with Hitomi and all he did was keep mashing at advantage, disadvantage, whatever, and using her deathfist at range. That was it. And I kept losing to that crap. Finally I was just like, screw it, and started playing as stupid as he did and won 3 rounds to 0 with a perfect. Man I hate people like that.

I think that's a flaw in this game that in order to beat people playing stupid you have to play stupid too. It doesn't reward you for playing smart against mashers like SC5 does. It just makes you mash back.

This is why I can't stand Ranked at times. Online Hitomi players are annoying as hell. Their entire routine is: Random Attack, Disadvantage ~ PPP, More Random Attacks, Disadvantage ~ PPP. Or I can't forget the other players' routines: Turtle, turtle, turtle, 66KKK, Turtle, turtle, turtle, 236P. This is all usually in 2 or 3 bars or less. I can only spam Kasumi's PPPPP, 66KK or Ayane's 6PP so much before my brain goes numb. I just said "Fuck it" and gave up on Ranked. No S+ for me -_-. So I feel for you UnseenWombat and Windstar. Ranked is an ongoing exercise in pure unadulterated frustration.

As for SCV, I get mashed to hell in that game too. I can't count how many times Mitsurugi players have 66BB'ed, BB'ed and then 4B'ed me in the entirety of the matches! This is sometimes in A rank fights too. Stupid players are everywhere O_O! They're like a virus spreading their filth within great fighting games.

Oh well, Rank does mean "smells or tastes offensively like filth" so I guess the mode is true to its meaning.

Back