Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

screw Lopedo. i hate that guy. he brags about being good and doesn't bother helping anyone else get any better and then proceeds to bash on the weaker players. Lopedo's a douche.
And this is any different from anywhere else in the FGC how?

Does no one else remember the old acronym "STSFN" (Save That Shit For Nationals), referring how you never showed off your best/newest tech until nationals/EVO so that you'd hopefully have a leg up on other folks?

Sure, it may not sound like a nice thing to do, but it's all part of being competitive.

And this is any different from anywhere else in the FGC how?

Does no one else remember the old acronym "STSFN" (Save That Shit For Nationals), referring how you never showed off your best/newest tech until nationals/EVO so that you'd hopefully have a leg up on other folks?

Sure, it may not sound like a nice thing to do, but it's all part of being competitive.
no,no,no. i know the difference between being competitive and being a douche. and i would be able to tell if that was the issue. but no. his flaming had nothing to do with tournaments. he was just mean.

no,no,no. i know the difference between being competitive and being a douche. and i would be able to tell if that was the issue. but no. his flaming had nothing to do with tournaments. he was just mean.
Again, this isn't really anything new to the scene.

screw Lopedo. i hate that guy. he brags about being good and doesn't bother helping anyone else get any better and then proceeds to bash on the weaker players. Lopedo's a douche.
Short and honest opinion:He is a Douche!

Again, this isn't really anything new to the scene.
i've constantly gone to Wednesday Night Fight tournaments and look in on the most popular online played tournament game in the world right now. have not ONCE met a person like Lopedo. i get it that tournament players are competitive and whatnot but that doesn't excuse douch/rude behavior.

He is kinda like Poongko..i dont like him either.
On the other hand, not everyone can act the sportsmanship like Daigo`s trio(tokido and mago)
If anyone knows/get what im talking about.
@Vince
Like you..i try to watch every competitive Beat em up(from sf4 till marvel 3) Tournaments...and if not..at least the finals and coverage.

i've constantly gone to Wednesday Night Fight tournaments and look in on the most popular online played tournament game in the world right now. have not ONCE met a person like Lopedo. i get it that tournament players are competitive and whatnot but that doesn't excuse douch/rude behavior.
Have you even actually see the amount of shit that Marvel players talk on and off stream?

Have you even actually see the amount of shit that Marvel players talk on and off stream?
don't hang around those guys. so basically, no. i've seen a lot of street fighter players, virtua fighter, tekken, soul calibur, and DOA players. but marvel i don't really see. i guess i happened to miss then a lot back when i frequented WNFs.

I don't mind assholes online. The internet + anonymity = douchebaggery. But I have no desire to play with people who are openly rude for no apparent reason in person. You can't enjoy yourself around people you dislike. The competitive environment of tournaments doesn't warrant being a dick.

Lol, the Dragon Gunner is such a BS move.

Lopedo does look like he needs a good kick in the face or something.

The main issue I have with Lopedo is that he acts like he's the shit, but is at best average with his characters. He only pulled off the win because of DG abuse.

I have less respect for Lopedo than the MVC streams have for ChrisG. (Wow, I went there.)

You all should beat him up, in game. Or don't be so emotional.

Also, I've started playing this as much as time permits (very little). I need some Lei-Fang tech/tips/etc.

You all should beat him up, in game. Or don't be so emotional.

Also, I've started playing this as much as time permits (very little). I need some Lei-Fang tech/tips/etc.
i get what you're saying but there's no reason to defend this guy. have a 2 post talk with Lopedo and you'll feel the same. actually, with your request to have some help on Lei-Fang, the dude would straight up bash you right then and there.

on other news i know the best Lei Fang in, at least, southern Cali. (i hear he's the best Lei Fang, period but i've only seen him play in SCR) i think Lei Fang is more about mind games. I know all the moves but it's specific setups and whatnot that allow for that Lei to be scary. like her parry stance into a grab gives many guaranteed options, I believe. also her mid kick counter or her back throw when her back is against the wall; those have some very good guaranteed follow up options as well. best thing i can recommend at the moment is look up gameplay of her. that's what i do. find out who's really good with the character and sit back and learn some stuff.

I'm not defending him at all. He's probably a huge ass. Just don't let it get to you is all.

Back