Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

well Helena isn't really the skinny-small. she's definitely got some meat on her. not to mention that she's practically the tallest female. according to the list Helena is the heaviest female and even has her own weight class.

Christie, Sarah, Tina and Lisa are all taller than Helena. Tina's boobs alone should catapult her to Super heavyweight.

or maybe her?
Revy_Black_Lagoon.png

these two definitely come to my head in purple haired badasses

Or maybe her? O_o?
ayane_1.jpg

> : )

So I'm learning Brad, but I have a major problem; too many of his moves are unlisted! I literally can't figured out how to go into hand stand from lay down stance. Not to mention I can't find his lengthier 46P strings
I think all that stuff is listed in his Special Section but just in case.

1K8, 1KK8
1P8, 1PP8, BT 1P8
BT 6K~6~K8
[Laying down head facing opponent] K8

I think that's all the moves that transition into handstand stance.

here's a relist of the weight classes for those who missed it. Posted by Mr. Wah:

• Feather - Eliot, Hitomi, Kokoro, Mila, Sarah
  • Light - ALPHA-152, Ayane, Kasumi
  • Welter - Leifang, Pai
  • Middle - Akira, Brad Wong, Christie, Hayate, Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Lisa, Rig, Tina, Zack
  • Cruiser - Helena
  • Heavy - Gen Fu
  • Super Heavy - Bass, Bayman
wait. Kasumi and ayane are in the same class. (super derp on my part.) still don't know how those 5 feather weights are heavier than some other. especially considering how tall Sarah is. she's the same height if not taller than Helena. and Sarah has more muscle than helena. hmmm
As mentioned earlier, aesthetics are most likely only a part of the reason for the weights. It's also a defensive mechanic as well.

For example, Mila and Sarah were considered top tier during development, making them lighter means that other characters have more leeway to deal guaranteed damage against them. Off course, this doesn't always work out for the best. Helena was considered weak during development so making her heavy may have made sense back then... this was off course before people discovered her force tech game.

I really can't make up my damn mind... I'm now playing Lisa... I really like the pseudo-grapplers of this game.

Lisa's 1P strings are OP I swear. A mid hitting attack that is in crouch state, safe, and all followups safe and not interruptable.

I was wondering why the half-decent Lisa's love to spam those moves. But the kick follow-ups are usually high or low if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, her 1P's are super annoying.

So last night I played Brad Wong and actually managed to find some Simple Matches against both PS3 and Vita players. It was rather interesting!

Suffice to say though, I ended up playing against a Vita player, whom I think was playing the demo version of the game. Either way, for 3 hours I played against this guy's terrible play. And no matter how many times I punished him for being aggressive with little to no defense - he kept doing it. For three hours! 87 fights later, I had won 73, mostly playing Brad.

It did give me some good practice with Brad and I did find some interesting fakes into hand-stand and learned that many of Brad's BT attacks are actually safe despite the stance transition. Other impressions as follows:

-Brad has a lot of crushes! Highs, Lows and even Mid crushes!
-His one-legged, or Hop Stance doesn't seem very good, also difficult to get into. Has two strong throws, though.
-Lay-down stance's side-step is really good.
-Guaranteed(?) Kokoro-like CB combo in 2H+KK 66P.
-8P and 8K crush really well.
-9P is kinda interesting, but having trouble with any of the follow-ups.
-Some of his more elaborate cancels are kinda suspect in usefulness.
-1K1K8K is a great stance cancel.
-1P has many variants including a handstand cancel.
-6P+K is easily overriden by 66P+K even by dashing just a little.
-33P is another strong crush, though its follow-up isn't really guaranteed.
-3KK or 3KPP is kinda hard to tell which one is better. Although both launch, 3KK reaches longer and hits high. 3KPP hits mid but the range is shorter and less likely to hit.
-4P evades highs 4PK feels better than 44K.
-66K is a high/mid crush.
-4T has some interesting properties post throw. Immediately after the animation, you can do a BT stance move. Wait a few moments longer and you do normal stance moves.
-BT T is hard to work in against mashers.
-P+K goes into BT, similar to 6PP. Hits high, but reach seems good.
-46P stance is hard. Unable to get the longer seems. Seems like a good launcher combo string if you're good.
-Brad has lots of launchers and several simple strings. Seems like a character who doesn't have to play with stuns and go for simple launch combos and confuse opponents with various stances. Lots of tracking moves too. Although a little slow, his crushes make up for the lack of speed. Seems like a solid middle-tier upper-mid tier character.

this "cross-platform" feature is freaking awesome. finally more people to play. and i don't think people know how much of a step forward this is to gaming too. online gaming just took another step in the right direction.

and i don't think people know how much of a step forward this is to gaming too. online gaming just took another step in the right direction.

I don't think you know how old this "step in the right direction" is. Playstation Allstars Battle Royale did this in November(or was it October?). Shadowrun brought PC and 360 players together probably around 6 years ago. FFXI brought PC, 360, and PS2 players together even earlier than that(I think, it was close to the same time I believe). Not that I'm complaining it's an awesome feature and I think more games that can do it, should.

I don't think you know how old this "step in the right direction" is. Playstation Allstars Battle Royale did this in November(or was it October?). Shadowrun brought PC and 360 players together probably around 6 years ago. FFXI brought PC, 360, and PS2 players together even earlier than that(I think, it was close to the same time I believe). Not that I'm complaining it's an awesome feature and I think more games that can do it, should.
that's PC and 360. is pc a small portable gaming system? nah. play station all stars had that? i didn't know. but that's still a start. pc to console is different. this is the handheld generation. the smaller the better. if it's portable then, "hell's yeah!"

-Guaranteed(?) Kokoro-like CB combo in 2H+KK 66P.

No, it's not guaranteed. However, you'll get away with it 99% of the time.

The reason it works is due to their 1.03 patch change that has every back turned stun end in face forward. This allows you to practically get CB! combos. Even if they are stagger escaping.

Now, the other 1% of the time? They can technically hold the CB!. However, it's very difficult to do so and requires one to stagger escape fastest and hold at the right time.

Actually I figured that was the case. Rather I meant to imply the second hit of the string may or may not be guaranteed, I have seen players escape after the forced BT, but fail to properly hold on the 66P.

Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja Splits

Koei Tecmo put out a press release today announcing reorgnizations to their corporate and development structure. The main point of interest is that Team Ninja is being split into Ichigaya Development Group 1 and Ichigaya Development Group 2.

Yosuke Hayashi, currently head of Team Ninja, will be the head of Ichigaya Development Group 1, and Keisuke Kikuchi, currently a senior manager in Team Ninja, will be the head of Ichigaya Development Group 2.

source:below

http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/news_20130325.pdf

My reaction on this...below:

the king.gif

Team NINJA is still around just as before. Just Hayashi has a business title now. This coming from Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee.

Dunno if it's been said yet but this game is free on PS+ (at least in the UK anyway). So tell your PS+ frents to move ass.

Back