Dead or Alive 6

2 more returning characters and one more new one.

So uh with this trailer there are officially more characters in Dead or Alive 6 than in Soul Calibur VI...makes me a bit sad especially since there will likely be more characters revealed for this game in December, January, and February and while 2 of them are currently DLC the roster for the game sits at 21 without the dlc or any of the future revealed characters.

Last edited:
so is it a given that the only not-Tekken game that's somewhat similar to SoulCal is DOA?

I've been following DOA6 and MK11 for a while and cannot decide on which one to get or if I should avoid them both and give Samurai Spirits or some other title a shot instead.

Just in case anyone is actually interested here's the latest three trailers they've put out.

In addition to all of these videos Raidou is confirmed to be returning. Dead or Alive 6 now has more characters than SCVI did at launch :(

Since I was feeling tired of Soulcalibur 6 I decided to try out the DOA6 demo this weekend, and actually had quite fun with it. Netcode was allright, better than SC6 but not as good as SC5 I think. I wish stepping was faster/more like SC6 and that there was less retracking of attacks, and I don't know why every fighting game nowadays seem to be required by law to slap on a gimmicky meter, but otherwise it was nice. I'm half tempted to buy it, but I'm somewhat unsure if that's because it genuinely was good enough to warrant that, or because I'm currently too annoyed with SC6.

So I bought this game after SCVI had started feeling stale for me and if anything it makes me appreciate what a masterpiece SoulCal is...

DOA6 has a few alright characters and a god-tier OST, it generally looks nice but otherwise? Side game to SCVI for sure, it's nowhere near as fun imo.

Back