[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

Ok guys, we are down to OOF, LP, DK and possibly Linkrkc for the spots on the team. Linkrkc will have to show he still has it and the deserve the spot. I like all the choices plus Linkrkc once being my student that made it. I wish all you guys the best of luck. I'm going to call you guys and conference all with the other team mates when everyone schedule works out. We will come up with a solutions for the last person. I'll PM each one of you or call. Good Luck guys!!!

Damn. This final major bringing out all the old ass bastards... Now where is my sensei FLOE... Lol
I can't wait to get my drink on @ NEC!

Im confirmed for NEC I am porkloafking from psn if anyone remembers now known as wolfkrone . Getting back into soulcalibur again !!!!!! I'll see you guys there!.

It was good seeing you at Dev buddy! Rep that Amy to the fullest, rep that Viper to the fullest and hopefully I'll see you down the line for tournaments in SC5.

let's just finish the soul calibur 4 singles and team tournament on saturday and leave the partying and playing of soul calibur 5 for sunday and saturday night. we already have enough shit going on as it is.

start by seeding the brackets now with the rsvp list and the random MTFighters who don't ever rsvp and start no later than 12:00 pm. the team tournament is only a few matches, so it will be over in about 15 minutes anyway.

besides, the french players have to leave on sunday, so any tournaments that day should be optional, not mandatory

pretty much, don't do a finals the next day when i'm hung over or don't make me worry about winning a tournament when i want to have some fun with sc5. And finally, please don't do a sand bagging team team tournament first and then wait until 8pm to start the singles tournament when i'm hungry.

eric: we have our 64+ players. go ahead and get that extra pot money out da bank.

The schedule is already set and is not going to change. Whatever happens for SC4 will start at 1PM and top 4 is on Sunday. If people show up on time, singles and NA Vs Europe can be done in plenty of time, and top 4 for SC4 on Sunday will be done in plenty for France to make their flight. If you are hungover, that's on you.

And then my suggestion is to not bother running a team tournament this time around since people will be trying to play as much of SC5 as they can. Just run singles.

I agree with Malice. Don't get me wrong, team north america vs. team europe is an exhibition match we all wanna see, but other than that who really gives a shit about the team tournament? It's something we do because we have extra time, of which we won't have as much this time.

SC V > Team Tournament

It won't take up that much time with only 2 teams though. Should be fine.

I'm talking about a regular 3 on 3 tournament which we usually do before singles. That takes up alot of time in running by itself along with trying to find people to actually play their matches, especially if they are away playing other games. And with TTT2 at NEC as well, that will be even more the case.

I don't know how many people were trying to play in a 3 on 3 at NEC, but we can do a 3 on 3 after SC5 drops. Let's not try to do too much.

Yeah exactly, north america vs. europe isn't really a tournament considering there are only two teams. That's fine. In fact, that's hype. We're all looking forward to that.

The tournament, though? Who cares. It always just ends up being the S tier players scrambling to find the other S tier players, so it ends up being 3 or 4 teams of all top players, and then a few teams composed of regional players, casual players or random people who couldn't find another team.

Grand finals would inevitably just end up being a 3 vs 3 composed entirely of players who are going to be in the 6 v 6 anyway

The schedule is already set and is not going to change. Whatever happens for SC4 will start at 1PM and top 4 is on Sunday. If people show up on time, singles and NA Vs Europe can be done in plenty of time, and top 4 for SC4 on Sunday will be done in plenty for France to make their flight. If you are hungover, that's on you.

And then my suggestion is to not bother running a team tournament this time around since people will be trying to play as much of SC5 as they can. Just run singles.

Ok, i'm not going to agree with RTD because he's my long time friend or because he's RTD. We have to think on this one, it's pretty much going to be SC people here and it's not EVO where everyone has to watch the event at the time. Why cant we have everything finished by Sat so we can focus on SCV on sunday? People are going to watch because it's a good game(hopefully) that's about to be released. As a community we have to remember who get people to tourneys. Without big names it's just a local EC tourney, however, with names like RTD, the French(without us wouldnt come), myself, T Pond, etc. Do you guys think we are going to continue making an attempt to show up somewhere and we are not happy? I can answer that question I know I will not support anything, I cant speak for the others.

I support all SC4 tournaments being done on Saturday, including the NA v Europe tournament. Then on Sunday everyone can be drunk and play SC5 all casual like.

Of course this requires tournament players to be there on time and for the event to be run efficiently.

Team tournament seems like kind of a waste of time, it's been falling out of favor with players for awhile now. Maybe if there was an actual teamwork aspect to it rather than it being perceived top-player cash grab, people would be more for it.

for the simply fact because me and jaxel want it done that way. With jaxel streaming 3 games saturday he won't have the time to stream everything sc including finals. So we will finish up behind the scenes and do top 4 on sunday. Top 4 will take 2 hours to complete anyway. thats gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want on snday anyway. Be it sc5 or other games.

So it seems I can't make it to NEC now. The reason? My wife's not letting me. Apparently staying home and taking care of a baby is more important than "wasting" money for a videogame.

If this keeps up, I may need a divorce. -_-

People who were splitting the room with me, don't worry, you guys will still get the room. Partisan is in charge of it now.

Have fun playing SC5 folks, and good luck to Team North America.

PS. It sucks, cuz I was really looking forward to eating Popeyes and gimmicking some people to death. Oh well.

Back