Despising characters discussion. Start!

Le Bello doesn't really hate anyone to be honest. Typically I see good aspects in all the characters.

That said, the Astaroth/Maxi relationship is boring. Even if they've changed it a little, the characters are rapidly losing their appeal. The same goes for Raphael. Le Bello likes him but he's boring.

OH. And the fact that NO ONE CAN BEAT MITSURUGI UNLESS THEY HAVE A GUN*. Shut up P.S.

* He should've sidestepped the bullet.

I personally got bored with the Astaroth & Maxi relationship after SCIII. In SCIV, I was like really...? It makes it appear like PS doesn't know what to do with Maxi or Astaroth now other then repeating the same thing. I mean, Maxi is more of a babysitter now but what will he be doing after Leixia, Xiba, and Natsu get older and don't need him to babysit them? Yeeah...

And yeah, I agree with Le Bello again with Raphael. He showed so much promise in SCII and SCIII but in SCIV he just became a bit on the boring side. I love his moveset but him as a character, he's not as exciting as he used to be... I wish they never turned him into a Vampire...

All of the characters Le Bello mentioned are desperately in need of new storylines. Raph's going in the right direction with his new all-but-stated connection to Nightmare, but the rest need more character depth. In my opinion, Maxi, Astaroth, and Mitsurugi are more archetypes than actual fleshed-out characters now.

On topic, I really dislike Mitsurugi, mostly for the above reason. No character, no impact on the plot of any of the games (that I can recall), yet he's this inexplicable badass that everyone loves to get spammy with.

I personally got bored with the Astaroth & Maxi relationship after SCIII. In SCIV, I was like really...? It makes it appear like PS doesn't know what to do with Maxi or Astaroth now other then repeating the same thing. I mean, Maxi is more of a babysitter now but what will he be doing after Leixia, Xiba, and Natsu get older and don't need him to babysit them? Yeeah...

And yeah, I agree with Le Bello again with Raphael. He showed so much promise in SCII and SCIII but in SCIV he just became a bit on the boring side. I love his moveset but him as a character, he's not as exciting as he used to be... I wish they never turned him into a Vampire...

Ever since SCIV, Maxi and Astaroth have fallen off. It was what we expected to see every time with these two. Now, in SCV, Maxi is playing babysitter to Natsu, Leixia, and Xiba. My only concern was how did any of these four meet up? I understand Maxi teaming up with Xiba and Natsu with Leixia but how did they initially meet up? And once SCVI is announced (that is IF it's announced) What's Maxi gonna do then? Astaroth, on the other hand, has lost his appeal to me and intimidation. He's just not that imposing anymore like he was in previous games. And much like Maxi, once SCVI rolls around, what's gonna happen to him also? Will another Astaroth take his place? Will he have a new rival?

Raphael added some flare to the series since his debut in SCII but gradually that flare and style became dark and macabre as he developed this vampire persona and now it feels like he's practically being forgotten about (unless he becomes the new Nightmare) but other than that, I feel as though Raph may have ran his course too soon.

All of the characters Le Bello mentioned are desperately in need of new storylines. Raph's going in the right direction with his new all-but-stated connection to Nightmare, but the rest need more character depth. In my opinion, Maxi, Astaroth, and Mitsurugi are more archetypes than actual fleshed-out characters now.

On topic, I really dislike Mitsurugi, mostly for the above reason. No character, no impact on the plot of any of the games (that I can recall), yet he's this inexplicable badass that everyone loves to get spammy with.

Mitsurugi, for what I can say about him is that he's the archetypical hero and at times, anti-hero. I'll admit, he's gotten stale and I haven't followed Mitsurugi's story line after SCIII and this is coming from someone who's a fan of Mitsurugi.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cervantes. He's just a wasted up pirate that does nothing... He's literally there for no reason.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cervantes. He's just a wasted up pirate that does nothing... He's literally there for no reason.
... That's pretty much it. He would have been better off as a retarded zombie in his old body. Spice up Soul Calibur a bit.

I personally think he should have just been an unplayable boss in SE so he wouldn't be here now. I really hate Cervantes. In every single game he's annoyed me. I know I may have whined about Leixia, and various others, but my hate for Cervantes is levels above them.

Definitely Mitsurugi. Now I know that you guys are gonna say "just sidestep *blablabla##@$$%*--" NO, QUIET. I'm not gonna say he's overpowered, but his damage can be toned down. I think he has a tech-trap wallsplat-less combo that does more than half-health, and USES NO BAR. Clarify me if I'm wrong, but seriously, what, the, fuck.
Definition of scrub:xragnarok645x
I mean seriously, first its people bitching about devil jin and now its misturugi? WHATS NEXT? IS SOMEONE GOING TO FIND SOME BS REASON TO BITCH ABOUT ZWEI?

Definition of scrub:xragnarok645x
I mean seriously, first its people bitching about devil jin and now its misturugi? WHATS NEXT? IS SOMEONE GOING TO FIND SOME BS REASON TO BITCH ABOUT ZWEI?
(Sarcasm) Zwei, it's not fair that you get to summon Ein for so long! Your moves confuse me and you're cheap. You're so high tier that it's crazy. I hate you Zwei <3
No need to get all angry or be rude my friend. Everyone's entitled to dislike a character.
I hate Viola since I lose to her 9/10 times. We're all learning here and it's natural to loathe a certain character we have difficulty with. Personality wise, I don't like her very much either lol. Too cold.
I'm also starting to dislike Raph and this is coming from someone who's been using him from SCII. When he returns to his old self and I don't have to poke ppl all day to win, maybe I'll start liking him again.

God bless you Pocky Yoshi for this awesome thread!
I just wanna slice Talim,Pyrrha,Sophitia,Patroklos,Cassandra,Amy,Natsu and Taki the ''pseudo ninjas'' with rusted axe and then burn them peeing on the fire!

(Sarcasm) Zwei, it's not fair that you get to summon Ein for so long! Your moves confuse me and you're cheap. You're so high tier that it's crazy. I hate you Zwei <3
No need to get all angry or be rude my friend. Everyone's entitled to dislike a character.
I hate Viola since I lose to her 9/10 times. We're all learning here and it's natural to loathe a certain character we have difficulty with. Personality wise, I don't like her very much either lol. Too cold.
I'm also starting to dislike Raph and this is coming from someone who's been using him from SCII. When he returns to his old self and I don't have to poke ppl all day to win, maybe I'll start liking him again.
I'm fine with disliking or even hating a character but to call that character broken just because you dont like them is shitty. I hate astaroth, you dont see me calling him broken do you?

Natsu and Xiba. Just sayin'. *shrugs*

Natsu's braggy overconfidence gets on my nerves and Xiba's constant whining for food does tip me over. Gameplay wise they are alright I guess...

I hated Patroklos at one point because of his arrogance... but now his quotes just make me laugh. XD JUSTICE.

And Pyrrha, well... she's a whole other story. I've learnt to muffle out the apologies. -.-'

Siegfried: YOU COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND!....Just kidding, I only hated him in IV. V is another story.
Maxi: I don't know what this Maxi is, but it sounds just like Raditz...
Scheherazade: Navi's true form lol
Angol Fear: Animu Mary Sue chick
Vanilla Pat: Like his style, hate his personality. Fortunately for him, Alpha-Pat fixes his ego
Sophitia: Sorry Sophitia fans, but she's dull as bird poo
Mitsurugi: Gameplay-wise only, especially in V. Freakin' cheap bastard
Xiba: Agh, to think I gave this guy a chance because he's inspired by Son Wukong. TOO MANY food lines!
Yun-Seong: I don't know what this Yamacha is, but it soooounds disappointing... *Super Kami Guru voice*

Back