Despising characters discussion. Start!

Le Bello enjoys a good business relationship with Cervantes. Also I think he's got a lot of potential and hope he steps back into the limelight. As it is though, he doesn't really bring anything. But Le Bello loves him regardless. Maybe because he's a pirate?

Mitsurugi- Easy mode autopilot brain dead baby mode character with stupid damage and tracking so you dont feel bad for making bad guesses. "Oh what's that you used 4B but the opponent side stepped? Dont feel bad kiddie your tracking will still take you right to him champ! Nice going, you made a good read on that move, just ignore the fact that they side stepped but still got hit, they should have stepped more." No i'm not saying he's broken, he's just stupidly good for no reason, the fact that he's being widely agreed upon as one of the best characters while still being scrub friendly brings the whole series down and makes it look bad. Design wise he's boring, another "Bad ass" samurai that never loses and is looking for a worthy opponent. We only have a billion other characters like that in all forms of media.

Algol- Had promise, i really wanted him to have a good fighting style. But they went full retard with his gameplay. Energy cannons with bright pink balls? Giant massive wind chimes on his back? The fact that he uses soul edge and soul calibur in his arms is a stupid decision because it makes the swords less special. When you can summon them at will from your fingers and use them as toothpicks it turns them into a joke, he never should have been able to do that. Seriously, what the hell is this? And to top it all off he turns into the punching bag of SC4 with pathetic losses and endings. He's presented as one of the strongest characters in the game but fights so out of place it's laughable and over all felt like his style was shoe horned in at the last minute. One of the lamest "Naked God Bosses" in video game history. Put some clothes on. You're not a god, you're a joke.

Killik- Not so much hate, as disappointment. Always to me felt like a generic JRPG protag with out an interesting design to make up for it. Brooding dark past, dumb looking spikey hair, sexily placed face scar, over all terrible outfits that look bland and boring. Fighting style wise he was just as boring, a scrub magnet with dull moves. Only character more boring than Killik was Rock. He has potential in 5, at least he's somewhat interesting now and at least his ADD idiot son isnt as bullshit as he was.

Natsu- Worthy successor. NOT! Hate her outfits, hate her hair. This alone is enough for me to despise her. You are not a ninja. Taki wasnt much of one either but Natsu is everything bad about modern conceptions of ninjas. You cant run around in a bright pink spandex with booty shorts and bleached blonde orange hair in a stupid scrunchy style and call yourself a ninja! What an embarrassment to Ninjas everywhere and Taki in particular. Ryu Hyabusa would destroy her, Grey Fox would wreck her, Rikimaru and Ayane in particular would trounce her and give her a lesson in what it really means to be a ninja, even Raiden would annihilate her. Her attempt at a personality is nice, but still as forced as her entire design. She is not beyond redemption however, she could turn out cool in the next game. Just ditch your clip on nails, feather hair scrunchy, booty shorts, pink spandex, and cover up YOUR ENORMOUS CAMEL TOE DANG NATSU THAT'S JUST SICK.

Star Wars guest characters- The hate is self explanatory.

SC4 bonus characters- Only Ashlotte was the decent one, the rest were awful. Especially Shura. For reasons that have also been explained.

Dont get it twisted however. I love Soul Calibur and all its characters. I've grown fond of all of them, just because i have issues with some of them doesnt mean i would want to see them gone permanently. Except you SC4 bonus characters and star wars guests...You stay away forever.

Most hated characters in SC4 (back when I was merely a casual, complete with casual reasons)

Kilik: HIS STAFF HAS TOO MUCH RANGE AND PRIORITY
Siegfried: HIS SWORD HAS TOO MUCH RANGE AND PRIORITY
Sophitia: FUCKING ANGEL STEP B
Yun-Seong: FUCKING GUARD BREAKING BULLSHIT AND UP-KICKS

Most hated characters in SC5 (now with somewhat more mature mindset)

Siegfried: He may be worse than before but he is still annoying as hell to fight.
Mitsurugi: Many of his attacks are heat-seeking and laser-guided.
Natsu: I utterly despise this little cunt. Easily one of my two most hated characters in a Soul Calibur game by far. Her damage output is fucking retarded, she takes little to no skill to use (teleport, knockdown, bomb, Izuna drop, unblockable bomb, "Let's get serious, ARAHABAKI!", Possession cancel, Izuna drop, win round, repeat 2 more times), and she's a Naruto ripoff. I wish absolutely nothing more than the most painful torture and death imaginable for her.
Pyrrha: This bitch is the other one of my hated characters. She also wins with little effort and a bunch of her attacks end in, you guessed it, HERP DERP STABBY-STAB.
Xiba: Nowhere near as bad as Kilik but still annoying.

Mitsurugi: I hate how I lose to this guy because the other player is so bad at this game.
Natsu: I hate how she can do the same stuff on repeat and win every time because the person using her can't adapt and change their strategy.
Pyrrha: I hate how her stab is unblockable thus being super safe and it tracks everywhere and the :4 just frame part can be done by spamming 4, no skill at all.
Siegfried: I hate him most of all though, I hate how whenever I destroy a siggy they always start crying about how their character is so weak as if it's my fault they choose to play with a trashy character that they can't even use.

Definition of scrub:xragnarok645x
I mean seriously, first its people bitching about devil jin and now its misturugi? WHATS NEXT? IS SOMEONE GOING TO FIND SOME BS REASON TO BITCH ABOUT ZWEI?
Isn't this thread for despising characters? Lol. Don't be so angry, even people agree with me that Mitsurugi has some of his...perks. I never said he was broken.
(Sarcasm) Zwei, it's not fair that you get to summon Ein for so long! Your moves confuse me and you're cheap. You're so high tier that it's crazy. I hate you Zwei <3
No need to get all angry or be rude my friend. Everyone's entitled to dislike a character.
I hate Viola since I lose to her 9/10 times. We're all learning here and it's natural to loathe a certain character we have difficulty with. Personality wise, I don't like her very much either lol. Too cold.
I'm also starting to dislike Raph and this is coming from someone who's been using him from SCII. When he returns to his old self and I don't have to poke ppl all day to win, maybe I'll start liking him again.
Gee, thanks. xD
I'm glad somebody recognizes the name of the thread.

RAGE-MODE ACTIVATED (covered which characters I hate. Now for which characters I find overpowered):
-Metaknightsurugi: Heat-seeking and laser-guided are understatements, brochachos. This asshole is a literal GUESS-or-lose-half-your-health-in-two-hits character.
-Period & Period Omega: Gawd, their step game is painfully annoying. How the hell is it that they can step horizontals so easily with just a quick step (that shouldn't enable them to suddenly appear behind you in half a second)?
-Lagfried: Not hating the character, just how he performs online in "laggy"situations. Pretty much near-impossible to do anything to him in lag. He basically becomes a slow version of Mitsu, but with twice the range, with the guessing game thing being there...
-Ass-Troll-roth: Actually, I hate him as a character too. They made his grab game WAAAY too easy. He's basically an armor-frame, high-priority, slightly-longer ranged version of Lagfried and Lagmare, with braindead grab combos. OH, and most of his players are stupid Trolls that came from the Halo fanbase (true story).
-Radit- errr, Maxi: Sometimes, I think for a so-called short-ranged character, his reach is pretty ridiculous for one and does a bit too much for a false prediction (not to mention he's got a braindead unblockable setup). Also a tracker somewhat, which gets on my nerves.
-Ivy: Sort of. I hate it when her players complain that she's not good. Bullshit. She's really good. Her range is stupid-good, and if you're still salty about her not feeling the same, back-dash nerf, buttheads. Oh, and any low she does leads into an easy 1/4 of health gone, as part of her guessing game (not as bad as Lagfried or Mitsu).
-Siegfried Players: MOST. Can't stand how they complain that the character whiffs. Ummm, hello? The guy hardly ever whiffs...at all. He has good tracking verticals, LOTS of mids, punishes grounded characters, has crazy mix-ups, a dumb 3B go-to move (that's annoying as hell), a good quick-step game, and does a lot of damage. Bitch, please. If anyone needs any whiffing and tracking issues fixed, it's ZWEI.

(Ok, last one was kind of a joke, but at the same time it's true. Too many Siegfried players feel like their main is bottom-tier somehow lol).

-Lagfried: Not hating the character, just how he performs online in "laggy"situations. Pretty much near-impossible to do anything to him in lag. He basically becomes a slow version of Mitsu, but with twice the range, with the guessing game thing being there...
Try playing online as Siegfried and do 3(B), SCH kBE, agA. If the connection is laggy the agA will always miss because the input lag ruined the combo and you can't truly see when the recovery of SCH kBE is. Thus dropping the combo. To Siegfried when people lag they all gain step G and if you just run up and spam a fast attack he can't do anything about it in laggy situation. Hope that helps. Lol

Try playing online as Siegfried and do 3(B), SCH kBE, agA. If the connection is laggy the agA will always miss because the input lag ruined the combo and you can't truly see when the recovery of SCH kBE is. Thus dropping the combo. To Siegfried when people lag they all gain step G and if you just run up and spam a fast attack he can't do anything about it in laggy situation. Hope that helps. Lol

:P For me, it only works on the average Siegfried player, otherwise against a goodfried, it's (almost) hopeless in a laggy environment. DEFINITELY not calling him cheap whatsoever. Just that he's tough to fight in a certain niche. Thanks for the tips though :B

:P For me, it only works on the average Siegfried player, otherwise against a goodfried, it's (almost) hopeless in a laggy environment. DEFINITELY not calling him cheap whatsoever. Just that he's tough to fight in a certain niche. Thanks for the tips though :B
I can't stand the lag because of all the dropped combos. I just RO myself if there is a half second delay or more. Also, trust me, good Siegfried players wouldn't seem godlike in lag because they're trying to space to rather than to Lagfried rush.

I can't stand the lag because of all the dropped combos. I just RO myself if there is a half second delay or more. Also, trust me, good Siegfried players wouldn't seem godlike in lag because they're trying to space to rather than to Lagfried rush.

Lagfried's lows are crazy scarey ;_; I see all of them and would block them if i could but the slight delay caused by lag is always just enough to make me eat them.

Lagfried's lows are crazy scarey ;_; I see all of them and would block them if i could but the slight delay caused by lag is always just enough to make me eat them.
I've never have that problem. You're talking about 1AA right? If they use that, that's how you know they suck. I've never seen a good Siegfried do 1AA. It's launcher punishable and shitty damage. Was a much nicer move in SCIV, but even then I would rather do A+K2aA.

I've never have that problem. You're talking about 1AA right? If they use that, that's how you know they suck. I've never seen a good Siegfried do 1AA. It's launcher punishable and shitty damage. Was a much nicer move in SCIV, but even then I would rather do A+K2aA.

No the stance low, where he's kneeling down, that low catches step so good but in lag it's magnified by a billion because even if i had recovered my input wouldnt register. And that other low where he stabs at the ground and he enters the kneeling stance.

1AA is pretty easy to see, but the other ones get more threatening.

No the stance low, where he's kneeling down, that low catches step so good but in lag it's magnified by a billion because even if i had recovered my input wouldnt register. And that other low where he stabs at the ground and he enters the kneeling stance.

1AA is pretty easy to see, but the other ones get more threatening.
Oh SBH A and 2A+B. You should be able to react to SBH A even in lag, it's the same speed as 1AA (i28). 2(A+B) though, it's even slower (i29) and becomes neutral on block is they enter SBH. You just need to just used to the animations of those attacks.

Oh SBH A and 2A+B. You should be able to react to SBH A even in lag, it's the same speed as 1AA (i28). 2(A+B) though, it's even slower (i29) and becomes neutral on block is they enter SBH. You just need to just used to the animations of those attacks.

Hmm, it must be in the really bad lag situations then, because i do see those lows coming. But i just cant block them in time. I'm pretty sure it's not because i'm freezing up.

Hmm, it must be in the really bad lag situations then, because i do see those lows coming. But i just cant block them in time. I'm pretty sure it's not because i'm freezing up.
Oh I see. The ones with the insane input delay where a Natsu can run up to Sieg/NM and 6A the whole match and not worry about anything. I RO myself when it's that bad.

Oh I see. The ones with the insane input delay where a Natsu can run up to Sieg/NM and 6A the whole match and not worry about anything. I RO myself when it's that bad.

Yeah those matches, like where it doesnt matter if i side step or not because the input comes out a second later. In those situations fighting the fast or high damaging characters becomes a nightmare. Asta is horrible to fight against too in lag.

Yeah those matches, like where it doesnt matter if i side step or not because the input comes out a second later. In those situations fighting the fast or high damaging characters becomes a nightmare. Asta is horrible to fight against too in lag.
I think his 22B can be sidestepped if you're far enough away from him. Is this true? Whenever I try to sidestep him for very close (even when obviously doing it at the right time), I still get raped. x_x
OOOH, also, I was watching a Leixia vs. Astaroth match yesterday. Astaroth was attempting to do his bull rush from far away, but Leixia countered with a WR B BE. You want to know the outcome? While Leixia was OBVIOUSLY on Asta's right side, she STILL got hit. When it looks like Asta's bull rush ends, he defies physics by keeping invisible "momentum". I could perfectly see that there was a distance between Asta and Leixia and she STILL got hit. I find that very screwed up.

Back