DEVASTATION 2010 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funk: you, me, and more than half of the people there were wondering the same thing.

I'm dead tired, props later, tourney ran pretty fast so that was good

Wow yall really killing Mamba. . . .not gonna lie watching you guys play was probably mad entertaining for me. Never seen so many counter hits in my life and just flat out recklessness haha. Very entertaining to the very end! What was even more funny was Thuggish retiring NFK rofl. . . .finally go to a tournament, got Amy'd, yea I might retire too :(

Shout outs/comments time!

I had a great time. Almost everyone I met was really nice and/or funny. I just wish you all would let a mexican take a little siesta here and there. >.>
Anyway, I'm not going to lie, I wanted to take first place. But hey! How can I complain? I did way better than everyone (including myself) thought I would do. Offline lag tactics for the win! All I can really say is that I did my best, and I'm proud of that!

Lobo/Destinizish: Thanks for housing me/driving me around everywhere! I really appreciated it! <3

ThuggishPond: You ain't black nigga!
...but you are REALLY FREAKING GOOD AT THIS GAME! EVERYONE who thinks this guy is just an Amy spammer is so wrong. Your planning, adaptation, technical knowledge, and reaction are all top notch! Believe me when I say that I learned a LOT from you!
You remain so calm under pressure, whereas I instantly forget everything I've learned (believe me, I did my homework on Amy, not that you could tell by fighting me >.<) and resort to what I'm most familiar with under pressure. It just shows that you need dedication and lots of practice to get on a high level. Also, THANKS SO MUCH for letting me sleep in your bed. I hope to meet you again in the future (no homo). :D

Krayzie: So funny! Maxi is so GOOD! In case anyone wants to know, Krayzie raped me worse than Thuggish did! All while talking trash!

Hajime: Good to see you again. Too bad you kept missing inputs and stuff, man. What's up with that? That's not the Hajime I know.

Nori: Great Cervantes!

Xephukai: GO TEAM ONLINE! You have a lot of talent man.

Dreamkiller: A+G LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL GET TROLLED

Lolo: WTF MAN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO COME AND GET 1ST PLACE! Believe me, I am 99% sure you could have done it. Few have seen how much you have improved.

HumanHurricane: Another case of tournament nerves. It's ok, we all know you're very good, and it was nice talking to you. You're a cool guy.

I am insanely tired (headache, eyes hurt, disoriented), so I'm going to edit this post later. I have more shoutouts to do!
Wow yall really killing Mamba. . . .not gonna lie watching you guys play was probably mad entertaining for me. Never seen so many counter hits in my life and just flat out recklessness haha. Very entertaining to the very end! What was even more funny was Thuggish retiring NFK rofl. . . .finally go to a tournament, got Amy'd, yea I might retire too :(

I didn't retire because of thuggish. I have mad respect for the dude.

I see now that this community's main problem is complaining and whining. It hinders progress. I learned a lot about Amy a few days before the tournament, and while it wasn't of TOO much value due to the fact that I had nobody to practice it with in a real battle, I see that it is possible to beat any character.

Thugish wins because he adapts and has good reaction. Amy is just a great compliment to his mentality.

I don't see how people can be cheering some old SF game with a Guile player spamming the same move over and over again, yet somehow they can boo Algol/Hilde/Amy? Come on.

Mucho respect for u after last half of ur post NoFaceKiller!

Congrats to ur talent to taking out Dreamkiller and Thuggish in Winners and almost beating Thuggish in GF's! I saw the entire stream for every game on finals day and those were some interesting matches and entertaining.

Almost as good as Tekken and SF finals I might add! That's all I came in for lol. Very good look sir.

Next time don't be so humble on the interview, because of it to the masses it seemed like an akward interview in which TP made u quit and it was an akward interview in general.

Other than that good shit! Its always fun seeing someone do less complaining and better playing giving more proof to yet another competitor that can handle perceived broke :).

Same as SU said, NFK, much respect. Lots of people in the SC community (or who look at it from the outside) complain about the characters and claim such is such is broken because THEY don't do their own homework (unlike someone like Thugish or any of the other beast players do). Most matchups in this game are manageable, but, agreeing with BlackMamba here, most people think they're going to run in and kick ass without putting any thought into what they're doing.

Other than that, glad you said what you did about Amy in general (especially considering how many scrubs and stream monsters run to call something broken without understanding the thought behind it and why it's working). I thought Kilik was an unbelievably hard matchup for Sets, but it was moreso me not realizing where I was being outplayed and my opponents capitalizing on it than anything. But, still, it may be too late for a lot of people (both in and out of the community) who adopt that scrub attitude and spread it like the fuckin' plague and then wonder why they're getting their asses kicked by someone they thinks unstoppable when he isn't even above average.
Hell, that second half was so good that I had to go back and read it again...especially considering how you went from, "Thugish uses Amy" to that...and how I've been saying that all this fuckin' time!

Props time:

Thuggish: Congrats on winning. Fun hanging out w/you over the weekend and thanks for your help w/the............situation sat night. Really appreciate it. As far as this terrible game goes, your Amy is solid as fuck. Hopefully there is another calibur and we can meet again.

DK: You are by far my favorite out of all the new people I met. Fucking hilarious guy and your Amy is pretty ok too:) You ever come to TX you will have a good time brother.

Human Typhoon aka Human Hurricane: Your Setsuka is the best I've ever seen. Glad we finally got to sit down and get a lot of matches in. Props on beating Agustin cause that isn't easy to do.

NFK: Congrats on placing so high. Remember what me and Krayzie told you sat night: You have to know, at all times, until you are eliminated, you are the baddest mother fucker in the room. Don't forget that.

Xephukai: Glad you were able to make your first offline tournament. Keep it up, you have great potential.

KrayzieCD: How the fuck did we not play? That's some hot garbage. Glad we got to hang out and see you do the chicken dance. Good times sir, good times

Malice: Great meeting you man. Hope to see you at future tourneys

TheGreatOne: You travelled really far, glad you came out to chill w/us and one day we'll eventually play man haha

Hajime Owari: By far, the best Yoshimitsu in the universe. You lived up to the hype. Really made me pay attention when we played our matches, good shit man. You are not somebody I want to run into at a tournament

King Salmon: Nice to put a name to a face. Your Mitsu is pretty solid, fun to play against.

If I forgot you, I'm running on 3 hours of sleep at work due to the 15 hour drive on the way back. Hope everybody got back safely and if I missed you, I apologize don't take it personal. I always heart everybody (ok not everybody I met but most of you)

"I don't see how people can be cheering some old SF game with a Guile player spamming the same move over and over again, yet somehow they can boo Algol/Hilde/Amy? Come on.[/QUOTE]"

And yeah, that's mostly because you have a bunch of newer players getting into fighting games without understanding them, so they just come to be an echo of some bullshit another group of high level scrubs adopt without understanding it. Hence you have people talking about how a level two ultra changes the tempo of a game yet not realizing the new strategy ringouts present. Getting into a fighting game as a person who believes you shouldn't put effort into being good at something unless you're actually going to try to be good at something, this scrub epidemic that exists in fighting games is horrible.

Also, remember that, like I said, most of those scrubs aren't even decent at their own game of choice and instead ride the dick of someone who actually is good without advancing themselves. Guess most people are content with saving their ego by beating up a bunch of local scrubs rather than living up to their own beliefs. =P

SF will always be more popular than SC. Nothing you can do to change that. However, comparing the 2 is comparing apples to oranges cause 1 is 2D and brand new (and had 200 people enter) and 1 is 3D (almost 3 years old) and had 32 people enter. I entered both games cause they provide something different for me. And yeah, I'm one of those people who cheer for Guile spamming the same move over and over cause I understand the game and how hard it is to properly zone w/him. To each their own I suppose. And yes, I have been saying for years SC players complain WAY too much. However, that's an entirely different subject

I'm not comparing the games at all and I didn't say I don't understand the mechanics of the game; I'm saying a lot of people, even some who play SC, don't understand why it (SC) is the way it is. And it's even worse when you have some of those same people who are supposed to be like spokesmen for SC running to other communities and even this one and complaining about things in the game they suck too much to beat and in the same instant wondering why it's so hard for the SC community to flourish.

Hell, go back and look at the stream, specifically the parts where NFK got thrown repeatedly, kept getting caught in that techtrap with 66A+B, and 2B+K and listen to the crowd and the announcers' reactions. Wish you could see the things people were saying in stream too. Honestly, I think, like the Korean guy said for Tekken, we need someone who actually knows and understands many different parts of the game to help defeat the scrub mentality many people have gotten towards SC. I mean, come on, "Play Amy and you might enjoy the game?" and that's the type of shit the SC community lets slide on the daily. How about stop fuckin' making excuses and just say you suck and you need to learn?
====== DOUBLE POST AUTO-MERGE ======
Oh yeah! Don't let me forget the constant mentioning of how "No one really plays this game," when talking about Calibur, yet people dare not saying anything of the sort for games that have gained the SF communities acceptance. Honestly, though I guess we're going to have to wait until SC5 to come out strong, in case you guys haven't noticed, the SC community is pretty much on it's own and, because of that, really needs to get its shit together if we really want to enjoy our game at those higher levels. There's no reason a person who's considered the top Yoshi in the States should still have 'tourney nerves'.

Lost Providence: Stop.....please just stop. All you're doing is defending what you're posting. Who cares? At this point all the players that came out really had a talk about this game/community.

Mamba: What Excatly have you done? I mean don't get me wrong becase you ARE trash. But having other top players tell me that i would've shat (yea...i used it) on you. Hell even Xeph would've laughed in your face. if Xeph would've played you, it probably would've been as bad as Blaze v. Ivylicious back at SC3 regionals. Honestly, you won 1 match. But did you win in the tournament? No. Did you place top 3? no. Then really...who the fuck are you? The main difference between you and me is that i am humble with my ability to play. Sad to say, i didn't perform @ the tournament. Do i say "OH FUCK YEA, I BEAT A TOP PLAYER?" no. Sad to say you lost to one of our worst players in TX @ trashday. But do you see us all on your shit about it? nah...

Honestly, if i were you, i'd stop posting for awhile....i don't want you to become another Sword_Lord...

Forgot the props:

FIRST AND FORMOST......DREAMKILLER - My new Bestest NY Friend (Nori was my first, and i'll never forget that.... :D) I loved hanging out with you this trip. I don't think i haven't met a dude that made us laugh so hard. Loved the additional commentary @ hooters, Hard Rock, the hotel, the convention...shit, just about everywhere we go. Yea, sorry for not making your amy cute like how you wanted to fight me on the stream. I didn't mean to reduce you to a boring amy. Otherwise, you would've taken your loss early on. Besides, i should've kept that bribe and gave you $80...lol.

Thugish - Loved hangin out with you, despite you being quiet. That didn't matter tho because of the fact that you single-handedly cockblocked both Nori and Krayzie...shit was epic. Loved playing your Amy nonetheless. Wish we had more time to play more games.

Human Hurricane - Honestly, you should now get a branded shirt and start heading to tournaments with that. I would buy it just to support it. Great watching you nonetheless.

NDK - I'm sorry that DK wouldn't let me finish handing you your ass. Once i had you figured out i was WANTING that Kilik. DAMMIT... lol other than that...GG's indeed

Haijame - Loved that yoshi. Even tho Jesus loved you and didn't let me finish you 3-0 instead of 3-1. GG's indeed. I need to be like you and start Drinking that H2O!

Malice - Loved it...loved it indeed. Didn't mean to startle you with that BEASTLY ASS ASHY ASS ASTAROTH of mine! Those in fact were GG's. Even with the shit talk in the middle.

DAT MAN KRAYZIECD!!!!!! - Hotness, good to see you man after 5 f'n years. It's been too long. GG's, Good times, just every part of this trip was good! Wish we could do this more often man.

Xeph - MUCH respect to you. Now you've upgraded from online trash to decent player. (which is a shit ton of improvment) Now we can't compare you to Swordlord anymore. And lol @ how you wanted to enter as Tephlon. Good thing you didn't.

Great one - thx for modding that stick. GG's also. You have improved, stop doubting yourself. Both Dreamkiller and I believed in you.

To anyone else.....i'll get you, don't worry. This community needs to stay alive, we're the best.

We're the best @ getting drunk
we're the best @ commentary

we don't need to die because of a few characters, let's do what we need to do to survive.

Lost Providence: Stop.....please just stop. All you're doing is defending what you're posting. Who cares? At this point all the players that came out really had a talk about this game/community.

What? Regardless of what that means, you don't have to read it.

LostProvidence: I was talking to NFK about his comment w/SF. If you are surprised that people in the stream hate SC, that's bad. SC will never get the respect it deserves, it's just something you have to learn to deal w/. If you like game, keep entering. If you don't, then that's cool too. But complaining now, after it's been out nearly 3 years about how nobody likes it is useless. Unless you are talking about somebody specific, I'm lost.

You sound very surprsised that most people say "I don't play this game anymore". It's probably the truth and you seem to not be factoring in that this game is also just very old. There has been a new Tekken, 3 new Street Fighters (HD Remix, 4, and Super) and a 2 Blaze Blues. Granted, for YEARS, the SC community has been a bunch of cry babies. The least complaining we ever had was SC2. Past that, it's been nothing but babies and it's sad. This was supposed to be a huge major and only 32 people cared to show up. So yeah, it's safe to say it's dead as far as big tournaments go. If people wanted to keep this game alive, they should have found a way to show up to Devastation to show how many people still play it. Sadly, as I expected, that was not the case. Most top players have moved on.

And why are you putting Hajime on blast? I know top players who have been playing 6+ years in this game, and others, who still don't do as well as they feel they should at tournaments.

Shout outs time:

lobo: Great to finally meet your drunk ass.

Dest: Nice to meet you irl.

Malice: Props on coming all the way from Philly, glad to finally put a face to the name.

NFK: Good shit in the tourny, rep that online and semi-offline play from So Cal.

Xeph: Great to finally meet you, sorry we didnt get to play, some other time I guess.

Maxxx: Fuck you. =D

Great One: I am not a traitor. You need to give in

And to the people I didnt mention/wasnt formally introduced, sorry about that. Tourny nerves/shyness/ playing SF got the best of me at this tournament. I'll be at more so I can meet all of you. Good shit to everyone that went, don't let SC die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back