Dino Combos: Ancient Enemy of Man

kool thanks ... i'll just keep practicing until i stop spazzin on that damn move

why can't it be a true jf T_T

Has anyone tried 33B at all as a fling move? Was playing in practice mode the other day, and was surprised to see how far people went after being hit by 33B while airborne. I haven't done much testing on it yet, so I don't know what the properties are like, but at first glance it seemed like people went flying well enough to make it a decent ring-out possibility, with better reach (and higher trajectory) than 66K.

Anyone else tried this, or have any experience with it?

-Montoli

omg this thread has the worst title ever. ancient enemy of man??????

wtf is that even supposed to mean?

Has anyone tried 33B at all as a fling move? Was playing in practice mode the other day, and was surprised to see how far people went after being hit by 33B while airborne. I haven't done much testing on it yet, so I don't know what the properties are like, but at first glance it seemed like people went flying well enough to make it a decent ring-out possibility, with better reach (and higher trajectory) than 66K.

Anyone else tried this, or have any experience with it?

-Montoli

Yea I've noticed it as well. Never really tried to do much with RO possibilities with it, but it seems like it might be able to.

of course shakeable,can be ukemi'd, b+k whiffs for no reason somtimes and a+k goes right over some short char's but hot damn this shit looks great

ch 66a, b+k, a+k, 44b (or b+k, 66a, a+k, 44b)

omg this thread has the worst title ever. ancient enemy of man??????

wtf is that even supposed to mean?

I lol

As for the topic at hand, I wanted to let people know if they don't already that 3B > 33A+B fails on a close side hit against many characters. I was messing around trying to find good alternatives but looks like 66K still the best. Rather irritating that this happens since the damage from 33A+B is too good.

that's weird ... i don't think i've ever seen it fail at close range ... which characters does that happen against?

i want to run that through training mode also =)

try it at close range side hit on amy/soph/mitsu/probably almost anyone

this sucks big time because I know when I play lizard, about half the times I hit this move it's a side hit

on astaroth there are no issues

Yeah, I've noticed that it sometimes fails also. Makes sense if it is character specific. (Tried it for a while at first, and it failed all the time, so I'd been using 3B 3B, or 3B 66K. Tried it the other night, and 33A+B worked every time. I was wondering if I had just gotten better. Would make a lot more sense if it was char specific.

This explains much.

well I just got started again on lizardman, and found an ok wall combo; A+B, 33[A], W! (mid - high), LC B+K = 77 and A+B, 33[A], W! (mid - low), LC A = 70...

Uh...

B+K W!, 66B+KAB, [G], 6[K], 44[K], LC A (can't remember damage for this one)
B+K, 66A, 66B+KAB, [G], 6[K], 44[K], LC A ~103 damage, does a bit more if they tech before the LC A

Didn't see these ones posted here. Obviously, 66A in the second can be shaken.

gonna post this even though you can escape it by teching right.

9A, 1B combos on every tech except right for like 48 damage.

seriously 9A isnt all that bad of a move. the knockdown on it is FARRRR and it has the most damage of all his jumping moves.

I think the list could use some updating again. I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong, but I don't believe normal hit 44A,B or 66B guarantee a 1B afterwards. Also if we could add a few of the obscure combos like the 8B+K quakestun -> K and the B+K -> 66K combo near the ring edge. I think BT 2K -> FC 2B combo needs to go under "Combos" as it's not a natural combo and has nothing to do with counter hit, definitely not an NCc.

8B+K_8[B+K] quakestun
--> K: ? dmg

BT 2K
--> FC 2B: ? dmg
--> dont do WS B, FC 2B hurts more

B+K
--> 66K: ? dmg (opponent must be in range, such as their back to the ring edge)
--> 1B: ? dmg (does this actually hit at any range? id only read what i gathered from OOF's posts here and there)

maybe add a section for crawl combos also

CL B+K
--> CL A: ? dmg

CL A+K

CL A+K, B
--> 66K: ? dmg

CL B at tip range

CH CL K

I could be wrong about some of that, like CH CL K, but I think you do get that CL A afterwards if I remember correctly. Also I think you can actually get CL B+K -> CL B+K if you're fast. Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

crawl B+K, B+K is guaranteed yes
after crawl A+K, B the most damaging option is 33_99A+B.
i never do it because the timing is wonky and sc4's buffer system sucks

Back