Do you think characters having different health would balance the game?

I'd like it better aesthetically if small or unarmored characters had less health. But there's no reason that choosing to turn the health dial would balance things when there's other dials to be turned.

While we're at it, give big characters super armor attacks and actually make them as slow as they look. I like the design better when it's more asymmetric, where fast, short range characters have to get in, and big characters have to keep out, and everyone has their dominant ranges. That's still at play in SCV, it just seems more subtle. Characters that had very short range, were keepaway characters, or had trouble against fast characters up close were removed in SCV (Taki, Talim, Seung Mina, Zasalamel, Rock, Kilik). They mostly were all low tier... but they could have just been buffed in other ways while retaining their uniqueness.

I didn't even actually know SC has weight classes, unless the weight class IS the height. What defines the weight class of the character, the height or just moveset?
It used to be better defined. Now it's mostly a size issue. Maxi feels it more than some since small women tend to randomly fall out of his combos and avoid OTG situations just by virtue of being tiny.

Maybe.. I´d like to see at least one installemnt in which Namcos tries something like this.

Would be a buff for slower and heavier characters.

This sort of thread should've been done in a poll format. I think it would be a bad idea for characters to have varying life capacities as the game is balanced through the movelist and frame data, not health.

Looks like the thread will just derail into a "how to balance SC" thread anyway. I don't really see the point in that kind of discussion, personally. The game is well-balanced how it is and any more balancing that 'needs to be done' can be done using the system already set out: frames.

This sort of thread should've been done in a poll format. I think it would be a bad idea for characters to have varying life capacities as the game is balanced through the movelist and frame data, not health.

Looks like the thread will just derail into a "how to balance SC" thread anyway. I don't really see the point in that kind of discussion, personally. The game is well-balanced how it is and any more balancing that 'needs to be done' can be done using the system already set out: frames.
A little presumptuous about a thread that's dead

Back