EU Online Tournament Sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8wayrun tournament ruleset talks about Winner Lock and nothing else, may I ask why should we stick with 1 character for the whole tournament?
I'm not 100% sure as to why but that's the rules. Probably because you should just use your main throughout the tournament if you want to win :P

As an aside, Swiss is the worst tournament format of all time, closely followed by round-robins over 16 people.
Double Elim when seeded properly is the standard for a reason... BUT... that said....

Swiss format might make online tournaments much more interesting due to the pairing options.

Edit: Just musing, don't mind me.
Idle, are mimics allowed?

In standard tournaments, yes, mimics are allowed.
Also character lock is only within a set generally, not throughout and entire tournament.
Okay, thanks man.

I'm also confused slightly for the losers' bracket. Do I carry on with the winners and do the losers after or simultaneously?

Okay, thanks man.

I'm also confused slightly for the losers' bracket. Do I carry on with the winners and do the losers after or simultaneously?

Since you don't have limitations of stations or short time, just run them both at the same time.

Haha =P

If you can promote it in anyway then you should if you want an XBL tournament. Trouble is, not that many EU players on XBL and PSN actually know about 8WR :P

Yeah, character lock is just from one match to the next in a single set. Like if I use Natsu and win, I have to use her for the next match too. If I lose, I get the option to go back to character select and pick a different character. (Though why would I?)

After my round with that opponent is done with, I can change to any other character I want for the next. (Though why would I?)

ok guys, will it be possible to do a test match prior to each round, to test if lag etc
BTW guys if you use wireless look into portforwarding etc to sort out dirty connections

Please be reminded that once you choose your first character of your first match, you must stick to this character throughout the rest of the tournament.
Huh, thats not standard tourney rules, its usually winner has character locked, loser has choice to change char

ok guys, will it be possible to do a test match prior to each round, to test if lag etc
BTW guys if you use wireless look into portforwarding etc to sort out dirty connections
Um.

I think if you play the first match and you have really bad lag then if some other people have not played yet I will try switching opponents about. But you can only call for a switch if both players agree that it is too much lag.

Um.

I think if you play the first match and you have really bad lag then if some other people have not played yet I will try switching opponents about. But you can only call for a switch if both players agree that it is too much lag.
yh obviously, because im just saying Me and maidros lag at times, whereas I dont think him and ace do. Just things like that

Seven more needed to begin the PSN tournament.

If there aren't enough players signed up for XBL by the 15th then we're scrapping the XBL tournament.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back