EVO 2009 ShoutOut Thread!

Alrighty. This was my first evo even though ive been playing games since 1999...

Vicious: Awesome seeing you again man, it was like you never left lol.

OOFmatic: Man you wouldn't believe the shit we went through to get home lol. It was nice talking to you and I think I did actually play you. I'm sure ill meet you again!

Belisle: I like your shit talk. Smack some ho's.

Bibulus: Great hanging out with you this weekend. Hopefully ill get down to NJ sometime.

Ironzen: You are very handsome.

KDZ: Wow. Just wow. You snagged yourself a real evo moment I think. grats!

RTD: Nice meeting you after hearing about you in sc2. You have a great sense of humor about the crowd. Don't hate the player hate the game I think applies here.

IceColdEdge: Nice meeting you to! everyone knows Mass's room was the real party.

Manta: Holy shit did I choke in that money match. But seeing you the next day, maybe you just figured me out and kicked my ass hahaha.

Dreamkiller: dont forget to steal 66a 6b+k 2b+k 9b+k.

Rigel: You eat a lot of fries.

Omega: I was rooting for you in the tourney. Very impressive Zas.

ill do more later

I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone who was in pool A for making it such an easy pool to run. Aris couldn't have been nicer. Thuggish and Link were totally chill. Hudathan was nice to talk to. Rekki, MoTempest, Omega, Piggy were all cool too. I'm forgetting tons of names, I'm super tired right now.

Thanks also to the seven people I DQed. Made things much easier.

Props to B:L for also losing money in Vegas so he could share in my pain.

Aris: That look you gave me when I told you I dropped $1400 in blackjack made the entire trip worth it.

Binkley: His low-tier gambling totally gave me the strength to check out Evo. lol

KDZ: Eliminating all those Hilde's in the top 8 was my favorite moment of Evo. You're my hero, man.

The only real shout outs I can give aren't to the players at Evo2k9
It's to the fans.
My shout outs are to the people who watched the exciting matchups, the people who cringed at every ringout, and the people who cheered me on all the way to the Grand Finals.
My shout outs are to the crowd at Evo 2k9, no matter what game you were playing.
My shout outs are to the 8wayrun fans and SC4 fanatics who became engrossed in the Evo SC4 finals from the streams.

My shout out is... to you.
Thank you.

JaHa: I'm a player of PoolA and I saw that leglock. Was about to take a vid til you guys stopped...fun stuff.

Wow... too many people to mention from the biggest Calibur tourney of all time ~ I'm gonna do what I can here:

Emo: Gigantic thanks for giving me and Logik a place to sleep, despite night two - But sleep's overrated, right? lol - I owe ya, big time.

Idlemind: Great appreciation for being willing to host, record and later submit all the matches we had in your room. Some of the times there were truly epic, can't wait for the 100 gigs to go online. Too awesome meeting you guys.

KDZ: Damnit Phil, I can't understand how you landed those JFs after drinking so much.. congrats on being the hero for evo taking both Hilde's out, as much as I wanted Cedric to win as well -- Can't wait for more matches at nats =)

Rigel: That last night's exchange of trash talk was too good.. good times in Emo's room and throughout, great to meet you after all the shenanigans in coffee chat.

Thuggish: My god is your Amy solid ~ by far the best I've played, you read me like an open book during out MMs. Grats on getting into the top 8, see ya at nats.

Belial: I've played *many* Mitsu players and thought I've seen it all... I was quickly humbled by your style and stance mastery, I wish we could have played more.

Cha: Thanks for running our pool, getting the commentary on par during finals -- and for being the absolute highlight of evo itself outside Idle's room.. YouTube awaits :D Was cool finally meeting ya.

HeartNana/XTCU: Nice seeing ya after 5 years, big grats on winning that BlazBlue tourney, many only wonder what'd happen if all your talent were all put into calibur :p

Vicious: You keep taking me out of tournies.. but it was badass of you to let us session in your room all those times, the pictures you got were priceless :D

TooCool: Nice meeting ya, wish we could have got more matches, and don't feel bad as Voldo's simple stupid-good in this game.. was definitely fun matches tho.

HumanTyphoon: Your Setsuka did dozens of things I never thought possible, so much JF madness :) Was fun hanging out during those matches.

Semi & Utsuse: Good seeing ya again, sorry the timing of flu season always strikes before these trips, hope you guys had fun down in Vegas. KrN BBQ sometime? =)

IcecoldEdge: Was sweet chilling with you at the bar with Hates, Logik and Utsuse. Your Sieg is intimidating as all hell, nice to meet ya finally.

OffBeatNinja: Holy damn, I remember thinking at Socal Regionals how your Sieg was nothing to worry about.. Damn did you improve since then (or at least it seems like) So damn solid now ~ It was a pleasure seeing you and Mystic again.

NoFaceKiller: This is what I get for showing you all my shenanigans online :p But it was cool seeing ya again, damn that 214B still working on me :p

MatictheOof/Offmatic: Finally get a chance to meet you and see you in action with that pokemon selection of characters.. Looking forward to more awesomeness in Colorado.

NeoRussel: You crack me up, wish I could've played your Yoshi tho -- awesome meeting ya again since 2k4.

DrDogg: You got Neorusseled by *gasp* NEORUSSEL! roflroflrofl :p But seriously, good seeing ya again ~ Tell Lobo he sucks for not coming :p

Goofus: Finally got a chance to play against one of the original Voldos.. much respect, all I gotta say is "Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhh!!" :D

Esom: Another old school Voldo, I wish we could've got some matches in.. maybe there'll be a next time. Really sucks about your neck too, hope you get a speedy recovery.

Dreamkiller: Considering the Cuervo you were drinking earlier that night, your Amy was crazy solid - I think you're responsible for some of the most hilarious chatter on matches from Vicious' room.. After hearing so much about you from SC3, wasn't too surprised to see you in the top 8 -- grats =)

MJ: Sucks that you and Brian had that first match at the beginning.. Rigged brackets I tell ya! but cool to finally meet ya, wish we could've played tho.

B:L: It was YOU! lol -- Hope RTD gets that BanHilde shirt as well, too badass of you to let Cedric have it. Awesome seeing you as always.

MoTempest: Watched your match on the big screen, your Taki was seriously tearing things up ~ glad you could make it to Vegas =)

MysticBill: Can't wait to play your Lizzy again at Nats, good times in Idle's room =)

Naomi: You drew quite the crowd (and noise :) when you almost knocked Malek down into losers. Really wish we could've played =(

SPMan: Cool to see ya again, but seriously, ya shoulda entered! There needed to be more repping with that awesome Cervy of yours.

Kayane: I finally play the 2003 legend herself ~ Really hope you learned some anti-Voldo strats in RTD's room, your X is as amazing as I've heard. See you in Denver! :)

RTD: Always generous and unbeatable in genuine hospitality -- Thanks greatly for letting us use your room for matches, looking forward to more awesomeness at nats.

Malek: Congrats on winning evo and showing to everyone that Ivy is no joke in the right hands. Mighty impressive, also be seeing in you Denver.

Kura: Getting a CF against top players using Talim... holy damn. I respect anyone who's dedicated to a character like you are -- Was an honor playing you.

Seung: Your Yun had many top players wondering what the heck to do after they'd lost -- You tapping your arcade stick so loud makes for some serious intimidation. Mad respect, you're some of the nicest guys ever.

Shenrii: Had some good talks throughout, really awesome meeting ya after the endless time on coffeechat. Don't give up on that vicious Nightmare!

Saitoh: We *have* to play eachother at nats ~

Hayate: Same comment as Saitoh's, hope you're going :p

Ivyfanboy: I'm so glad you got serious exposure to the scene aside from lag tactics.. was a pleasure chatting with ya throughout, thanks for letting me jack your phone for a bit :p

Bibilus: That first to 20 was ... priceless, as were the stories you told throughout.. madness is a beautiful thing :p

WhiteRob: We always go against eachother and have close matches in tournies.. by far the most dangerous Starkiller, I hate that JF RO he has :p Good stuff.

Serge: LOL.. from the stories I heard I don't think anyone had remotely close to as much craziness as you did while in Vegas. Epic from all levels, nice meeting you.

I know I missed *several* of you, it's because I either hate your guts and want you dead.. or I'm just damn exhuasted from the madness in Vegas I just wanna sleep right now ~ I don't know if Denver will come close to topping the fun I had at Evo. Was a great honor meeting the lot of you =)

-Manta-

Congrats to Malek and great job to everyone else, especially KDZ with the upsets and ChaCha with the in-depth commentary. I was riveted on the stream. Looked like loads of fun.

Wow... too many people to mention from the biggest Calibur tourney of all time ~ I'm gonna do what I can here:

Emo: Gigantic thanks for giving me and Logik a place to sleep, despite night two - But sleep's overrated, right? lol - I owe ya, big time.

Idlemind: Great appreciation for being willing to host, record and later submit all the matches we had in your room. Some of the times there were truly epic, can't wait for the 100 gigs to go online. Too awesome meeting you guys.

KDZ: Damnit Phil, I can't understand how you landed those JFs after drinking so much.. congrats on being the hero for evo taking both Hilde's out, as much as I wanted Cedric to win as well -- Can't wait for more matches at nats =)

Rigel: That last night's exchange of trash talk was too good.. good times in Emo's room and throughout, great to meet you after all the shenanigans in coffee chat.

Thuggish: My god is your Amy solid ~ by far the best I've played, you read me like an open book during out MMs. Grats on getting into the top 8, see ya at nats.

Belial: I've played *many* Mitsu players and thought I've seen it all... I was quickly humbled by your style and stance mastery, I wish we could have played more.

Cha: Thanks for running our pool, getting the commentary on par during finals -- and for being the absolute highlight of evo itself outside Idle's room.. YouTube awaits :D Was cool finally meeting ya.

HeartNana/XTCU: Nice seeing ya after 5 years, big grats on winning that BlazBlue tourney, many only wonder what'd happen if all your talent were all put into calibur :p

Vicious: You keep taking me out of tournies.. but it was badass of you to let us session in your room all those times, the pictures you got were priceless :D

TooCool: Nice meeting ya, wish we could have got more matches, and don't feel bad as Voldo's simple stupid-good in this game.. was definitely fun matches tho.

HumanTyphoon: Your Setsuka did dozens of things I never thought possible, so much JF madness :) Was fun hanging out during those matches.

Semi & Utsuse: Good seeing ya again, sorry the timing of flu season always strikes before these trips, hope you guys had fun down in Vegas. KrN BBQ sometime? =)

IcecoldEdge: Was sweet chilling with you at the bar with Hates, Logik and Utsuse. Your Sieg is intimidating as all hell, nice to meet ya finally.

OffBeatNinja: Holy damn, I remember thinking at Socal Regionals how your Sieg was nothing to worry about.. Damn did you improve since then (or at least it seems like) So damn solid now ~ It was a pleasure seeing you and Mystic again.

NoFaceKiller: This is what I get for showing you all my shenanigans online :p But it was cool seeing ya again, damn that 214B still working on me :p

MatictheOof/Offmatic: Finally get a chance to meet you and see you in action with that pokemon selection of characters.. Looking forward to more awesomeness in Colorado.

NeoRussel: You crack me up, wish I could've played your Yoshi tho -- awesome meeting ya again since 2k4.

DrDogg: You got Neorusseled by *gasp* NEORUSSEL! roflroflrofl :p But seriously, good seeing ya again ~ Tell Lobo he sucks for not coming :p

Goofus: Finally got a chance to play against one of the original Voldos.. much respect, all I gotta say is "Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhh!!" :D

Esom: Another old school Voldo, I wish we could've got some matches in.. maybe there'll be a next time. Really sucks about your neck too, hope you get a speedy recovery.

Dreamkiller: Considering the Cuervo you were drinking earlier that night, your Amy was crazy solid - I think you're responsible for some of the most hilarious chatter on matches from Vicious' room.. After hearing so much about you from SC3, wasn't too surprised to see you in the top 8 -- grats =)

MJ: Sucks that you and Brian had that first match at the beginning.. Rigged brackets I tell ya! but cool to finally meet ya, wish we could've played tho.

B:L: It was YOU! lol -- Hope RTD gets that BanHilde shirt as well, too badass of you to let Cedric have it. Awesome seeing you as always.

MoTempest: Watched your match on the big screen, your Taki was seriously tearing things up ~ glad you could make it to Vegas =)

MysticBill: Can't wait to play your Lizzy again at Nats, good times in Idle's room =)

Naomi: You drew quite the crowd (and noise :) when you almost knocked Malek down into losers. Really wish we could've played =(

SPMan: Cool to see ya again, but seriously, ya shoulda entered! There needed to be more repping with that awesome Cervy of yours.

Kayane: I finally play the 2003 legend herself ~ Really hope you learned some anti-Voldo strats in RTD's room, your X is as amazing as I've heard. See you in Denver! :)

RTD: Always generous and unbeatable in genuine hospitality -- Thanks greatly for letting us use your room for matches, looking forward to more awesomeness at nats.

Malek: Congrats on winning evo and showing to everyone that Ivy is no joke in the right hands. Mighty impressive, also be seeing in you Denver.

Kura: Getting a CF against top players using Talim... holy damn. I respect anyone who's dedicated to a character like you are -- Was an honor playing you.

Seung: Your Yun had many top players wondering what the heck to do after they'd lost -- You tapping your arcade stick so loud makes for some serious intimidation. Mad respect, you're some of the nicest guys ever.

Shenrii: Had some good talks throughout, really awesome meeting ya after the endless time on coffeechat. Don't give up on that vicious Nightmare!

Saitoh: We *have* to play eachother at nats ~

Hayate: Same comment as Saitoh's, hope you're going :p

Ivyfanboy: I'm so glad you got serious exposure to the scene aside from lag tactics.. was a pleasure chatting with ya throughout, thanks for letting me jack your phone for a bit :p

Bibilus: That first to 20 was ... priceless, as were the stories you told throughout.. madness is a beautiful thing :p

WhiteRob: We always go against eachother and have close matches in tournies.. by far the most dangerous Starkiller, I hate that JF RO he has :p Good stuff.

Serge: LOL.. from the stories I heard I don't think anyone had remotely close to as much craziness as you did while in Vegas. Epic from all levels, nice meeting you.

I know I missed *several* of you, it's because I either hate your guts and want you dead.. or I'm just damn exhuasted from the madness in Vegas I just wanna sleep right now ~ I don't know if Denver will come close to topping the fun I had at Evo. Was a great honor meeting the lot of you =)

-Manta-

So Semi is the one who got me sick? WTF.

For those who wanted to relive the moment :)

[youtube=THE RACE]0uOnB7mX9sk[/youtube]

LOL

cha cha

I got a ? ..in pool D who did i play that used Ivy?..also in my pool was Nofacekiller and Malek, whom ever it was could you post up in response to this so i know who you are on the forums, k thnx.

EDIT: woops k, nm...it was a Raph player..was it purifyws?

56k/3g users will die after this massive image dump.

I won't place names with faces if you want to keep yourself anonymous online, but feel free to "tag" yourself.

Shout outs, in no particular order:

Rickstah - for entering a game you haven't played since the first couple months of release.

Link/motempest - for going on the big screen with my stick and getting far with Taki!

Naomi - for doing better than KDZ and Ciernan against Malek.

WhiteRob - the only Apprentice player there?

Beefy - For being awesome and many moments of entertainment.

CaliJared - You were doing so well dude! What happened?

KingSalmahawk - Being a good house guest... low tier power!

Semi - I hardly saw you dude, only like a few minutes on Saturday and Sunday!

Semi's GF - How's Cha cha (the dog)?

Aris - I think if you weren't a bit rusty, you would've gotten really far.

spman - Why didn't you enter? I didn't because I live in Vegas, but you have no excuse!

Manta - Nice seeing you again after the Denjin tournament. It's always fun watching you play, you bounce around like you're really happy.

Ciernan - There's always Nationals without any pesky Frenchmen to worry about. Oh, remember to block 1A.

Tag/Cookie - Hi again! I liked your panda backpack, reminds me of a Yoda one I saw at Disneyland last month. You should've entered too!

B:L - The legend returns to SC4. It's not your fault they nerfed your main.

Black Mamba - Did pretty well, there's always next year! I forgot to ask you, didn't you win the G4 SC4 tournament or something?

Dreamkiller - I don't think I introduced myself to you, but I saw you a lot and I have a picture of you too!

Noface - Socal represent! You've gotten a lot better since I first met you. Sorry I keep leaving your gatherings early... I'm allergic to cats and dogs and you have about 40 of each.

Rigel - MM next tournament? I didn't get a chance last weekend, sorry!

Oofmatic - It's okay, all azns look alike. Good games @ casuals.

Vicious - I'm surprised you didn't take Lizzy to the top. You disappoint.

Dan - At least you got your money back. :D

microgamer - I'm surprised there were only like 2 people from Vegas, you and.. Ivyfanboy? I thought a lot more would have entered.

KDZ - Your shout of "ONE MORE TO GO" after you beat RTD was awe-inspiring. Better than anything Justin Wong did at the SF4 finals.

For anyone else I missed... sorry! I didn't do it on purpose, I just have a bad memory.

th_image38.jpg

th_image39.jpg

Black Mamba - Did pretty well, there's always next year! I forgot to ask you, didn't you win the G4 SC4 tournament or something?

Yea, that was me.

Shoutout to Gary, Jared, and WhiteRob for coming in clutch after Dave flaked on us. I owe you guys. Thanks.

Thanks Kosh for the games at your place.

GG's to Esom and RTD. BAN HILDE. And a special good game to you Oof. I've been wanting to do that to you since WCG Fighter Club.

And to all my other peoples and people I met.... Word

Oh shit!!.. Kosh..you got me and Kura match during the opening early pool brackets..it was also my very 1st match of the tourney!!!..good shit...thanks :)

Back