EVO 2012 Information Blowout

If you haven't been keeping track of all of the Evolution 2012 news that was released on Monday or happened to miss it, then you are in luck because I've taken the time to consolidate the important stuff into one convenient post for you to check out.

Check after the break for the latest EVO news, online brackets, pool assignments and schedules.

EVO-2011.jpg

The first piece of news that was released today is the record attendance at this year's EVO World Finals, with players from over 40 different countries in attendance. For Soulcalibur V, we will have 414 competitors battling it out on Friday, July 6th to make it to top 8 for a part of the $5,000 prize pool that will be divided among the top 8 finishers.

If you will be attending EVO, make sure that you check out the 2012 Indie Showcase Titles that will be presented to the fighting game community. I'm particularly interested in Divekick, especially since the two main protagonists hail from my city.

New for 2012, EVO has partnered up with Guidebook to produce a free, mobile application for your Apple or Android device to provide you will all the information that you need for EVO such as pool information, schedules, panel information, live tournament updates, and local dining information.

Lastly, the bracket and pool information is available online. You can click here to check out the brackets/pool assignments. If you don't want to click through each bracket and want to search for your pool assignment, you can do so by clicking here and entering your name or email address that you registered for EVO with.

Make sure you leave your comments or predictions also. See you guys at EVO.

Well, that and it wouldn't just be Keev beating them up, lol.

Also how unfairly priced is this:

Cheapest airline fare I found from EMA in England to Vegas was £800, but you want open return just in case you miss your flight (god forbid) in which case its £1 200. + Hotel + alcohol + a little gambling and you're talking around £1 500 or $3 000.

Flight prices for 5 months in advance.

deleted, didn't see your edit. And yes is really unfair and yet US players don't travel...spoil community XD

Didn't knew that flights were that cheap in the US. I guess the prices dropped drastically after 911?

I hate this game. I hate you all. I hope you die. But Ima continue to be on a SC site and just spout the hate. Because thats what jesus would want. That and my mommy wont let me out of the basement, so I have nothing better to do.

*********Puts fist through wall*************

I for one will be glued to the steam as much as possible. Im genuinly excited to see all these tricks and strats that people have been keeping secret.

FUCK THE HATE.....GET HYPE OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!

$5000..... cheap bastards! MLG was more.... that is a big FAIL.... LOOK AT THE PRIZE POOL FOR THE OTHER GAMES..... no respect for soul calibur players..... with sorry ass prize pools like that, I wouldnt be surprised if they took SCV out by friggin next year... for the players bussing their ass to compete, I am so sorry they are doing this to yall.... However I'll be watching regardless and I will definatley enjoy it all!

people shouldn't go for the money they should go for the adventure, for the great experience and to prove who is the best, money is just a bonus stop being so greedy.

get a job you broke ass bitches

(EDIT- this is in regards to people complaining about pot size/sponsorship. not about woes of expensive travel. you want more money go play AE or marvel)

So i'm guessing sponsorships only cover a set amount of travel expenses? Otherwise if someone else is coughing up the money to be someplace i got no problems going halfway round the world at the drop of a hat.

The fact alone that you're getting money for playing a video game should be more than enough, you greedy bastards.

Ticket from US to Germany: $320. Around four days of hotel is like $150 or less, they need like $700 for that trip so I don't think money is the reason for not going to EBO.

I don't know where you're getting $320 from. It's $900 minimum round trip from New York to Berlin. German hotels must be really cheap if they cost $150 per night, especially considering the Euro's strength against the dollar.

The timing of this year's Evo is bad for everyone for travel. Summer's supposed to be the the off-peak season for Vegas, but unfortuately the fourth of July weekend is a peak travel period.

Wow. A few years ago, winners were getting a couple hundred bucks tops. Now we have tournies that are in the thousands.....be appreciative, dont hate.

www.8wayrun.com/eatadick
ok... i hear this 100%.. and maybe im being just a little harsh on namco... and as a person who loves the game i'll be watching regardless.... i guess what im trying to say is the drastic difference between pots of the various games is a tad bit unfair and i know it isn't namco's fault... i guess the issue im having is these people are getting paid more like their working that much harder than the scv champs or the game they are playing is that much better... it should be a bit more even (excluding capcom3, thats alot of input work lol).

ok... i hear this 100%.. and maybe im being just a little harsh on namco... and as a person who loves the game i'll be watching regardless.... i guess what im trying to say is the drastic difference between pots of the various games is a tad bit unfair and i know it isn't namco's fault... i guess the issue im having is these people are getting paid more like their working that much harder than the scv champs or the game they are playing is that much better... it should be a bit more even (excluding capcom3, thats alot of input work lol).

Then lets get SC up to MvC3 & SF hype status and those pots will come through. People whining bout how they hate the game, or how MLG had more, or "I got sand in my vagina" isnt gonna get it there.

STOP BITCHING AND JUST BE HYPE!!!!

I don't know where you're getting $320 from. It's $900 minimum round trip from New York to Berlin. German hotels must be really cheap if they cost $150 per night, especially considering the Euro's strength against the dollar.

The timing of this year's Evo is bad for everyone for travel. Summer's supposed to be the the off-peak season for Vegas, but unfortuately the fourth of July weekend is a peak travel period.
Personal experience just recently went from NY to Berlin, stayed on a nice hotel on Tehel three nights 150, and Flight round trip 1 stop (London) taxes included, 320, on AA. To save money you need to learn to find good offers, if you don't mind fucked up schedules you can save so much money.

Live streams

7 Viewers
clipnotdone
clipnotdone
Soul Pals Superstream™ 31 never EVER updating stream names edition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back