EVO 2012 Information Blowout

If you haven't been keeping track of all of the Evolution 2012 news that was released on Monday or happened to miss it, then you are in luck because I've taken the time to consolidate the important stuff into one convenient post for you to check out.

Check after the break for the latest EVO news, online brackets, pool assignments and schedules.

EVO-2011.jpg

The first piece of news that was released today is the record attendance at this year's EVO World Finals, with players from over 40 different countries in attendance. For Soulcalibur V, we will have 414 competitors battling it out on Friday, July 6th to make it to top 8 for a part of the $5,000 prize pool that will be divided among the top 8 finishers.

If you will be attending EVO, make sure that you check out the 2012 Indie Showcase Titles that will be presented to the fighting game community. I'm particularly interested in Divekick, especially since the two main protagonists hail from my city.

New for 2012, EVO has partnered up with Guidebook to produce a free, mobile application for your Apple or Android device to provide you will all the information that you need for EVO such as pool information, schedules, panel information, live tournament updates, and local dining information.

Lastly, the bracket and pool information is available online. You can click here to check out the brackets/pool assignments. If you don't want to click through each bracket and want to search for your pool assignment, you can do so by clicking here and entering your name or email address that you registered for EVO with.

Make sure you leave your comments or predictions also. See you guys at EVO.

I was ~_~.
Fucking passport expires before the tournament and I can't afford to get it replaced before my 21st (9th July). I realised a couple of weeks ago and now I've wasted my travel money qq

I was ~_~.
Fucking passport expires before the tournament and I can't afford to get it replaced before my 21st (9th July). I realised a couple of weeks ago and now I've wasted my travel money qq
That's a shame. I bet you would've kicked quite a few asses.

There are a few german players in the brackets although none of them has specified their GT/ID. I don't know his real name but couldn't he be one of them?

well a lot of europeans on the list haven't used their tag, just their real names

edit: ^lol beat me to it

French used their tags. Chaos, why don't you ask in ger-calibur.de (I forgot my pwd or Sacha ban me XD) I'm really interested in watching the representation of my second country.

Nobody from gercalibur is going, because nobody from Germany is sponsored, that's why. And no normal person here can afford going to Vegas for playing video games.
I think the Germans in the pools are mainly there for other games, I don't know their names or who they are (and I know almost everyone here).

This EVO is gonna be the saddest EVO ever for me... my favorite game in the spot but my favorite player won't be there...

I have the whole Ger community on FB, couldn't recognize a single one of their names. Also, why there is not UK representation?

I was going but had passport issues.
The main reason is because no UK player has a spare $3 000, lol. The same reason US players will not show up at EBO.
EBO is another reason actually, more French will be there and it won't cost much over £100 for any of us.

Ticket from US to Germany: $320. Around four days of hotel is like $150 or less, they need like $700 for that trip so I don't think money is the reason for not going to EBO.

Live streams

228 Viewers
HXCGaming
HXCGaming
Texas Showdown: Day 2 - SoulCalibur VI
5 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Transcending history and the world: a tale of swords and souls, eternally retold. Soul Calibur Saturday is well under way!!!!!
4 Viewers
Morsheeva
Morsheeva
[FR-EN] Pourquoi j'ai pas croisé ce jeu avant ?!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back