Evo LIVE Updates!

Watching the Guilty Gear top 8 I'm pretty sure Marn was getting nothing but bad vibes from the crowd. I don't remember boos exactly, but I'm pretty sure there were things said, and people weren't happy about him winning.

Watching the Guilty Gear top 8 I'm pretty sure Marn was getting nothing but bad vibes from the crowd. I don't remember boos exactly, but I'm pretty sure there were things said, and people weren't happy about him winning.
Well that guy got pretty much banned from the entire GG community after what he did in Ohio.

So basically the issue on booing is gonna go on forever post Evo.

I guess there is something new to complain about everytime.

Close this thread.

Why are people so angry online?

Congrats to the top 8 placers, and Malek for winning the whole thing.

Also, congrats to KDZ especially for finding those holes in RTD's and Ceirnian's defenses. Even though I was cheering for Cedric, you played an absolutely solid game and exploited every weakness you found.

As for the booing situation,
Who knows? We'll have to wait until the games are announced for next year to know the true effect it had on the EVO staff, but being there, I can't say it was obviously bad for the community. People were getting hype to a good degree, more Street Fighter style hype is better than Guilty Gear style bleh with their Eddie finals. Nori's analogies are flawed as well, because people love to cheer on Daigo and he's not from the USA. It's about cheering on better play. I could see the booing being incredibly disrespectful to the Hilde players, however, but that comes with the territory.

Should Hilde be banned?
Nah, she should be patched. She's beatable but only to the point where your character can exploit the player's flaws. The game is what it is, and even if we should "deal with it", complaining about it is also fair game, and those whining about the complaints should deal with it.

It was fun meeting you all at EVO, and I hope we can see each other again next year!
But since I'm no longer needed, this will be my last post here.

Farewell, dear friends.

If they stop relaunch Hilde is going to PLUMMET! Rotfl.

She really needs solid tools, not BS. Take away her BS and she will be hot garbage.

You guys are making too much of a deal about the booing. People cheer and people boo all the time it just happens. When you decide to go to evo or any tournament for that matter and you make it to the top 8 you know that somepeople are going to like you and some people aren't. It may or may not affect your play depending on who you are. Some people take booing in a positive way and try to silence the crowd by continuing to execute and winning their matches. Others like to whine and complain which makes them not focus on the match and they lose. Every person is different, but I wouldn't say that booing is a bad thing.

Daigo and many other japanese players like to come to the states because of the fact that there is so much emotion that the crowd brings to the games. In japan there is no cheering section. Did booing or cheering affect Daigo?

Everyone wants the fighting game community to grow and possibly become mainstream yet when you allow the spectators to decide on if they want to boo or cheer people start catching feelings. I for one would love to see tournaments like EVO shown on television. If that ever does happen there will be thousands of people at the event just like this year and people are going to cheer or boo. I think it would have been worse if whenever a person picked Hilde that everyone that was booing just walked out.

What did Marn do in Ohio to get banned from everything Guilty Gear Jaxel? I'm really interested because I need to know what kind of behaviors are simply not tolerated.

DId he bang the community's host mother or something?

From my years of watching fighting games I know for a certainty that nothing affects Daigo. That man is a machine with psychic powers.

No one will get over KDZ taking out the 2 top Hilde's from each coast in a row, and this doesn't take away from their game either: KDZ simply played extremely well.

I didn't catch any Dream Killer games, did he use Taki? Anyone know how those games went?

Sad that Voldo's from what I saw didn't do to well ;_;.....and no Kilik's sure had an effect on the tournament outcome as well.

Also...Omega....this guy just demands respect for what he showed us he can do with a known shitty character.

Ivy player winning everything? ::shrugs:: I can live with it....

Props to all the top 8 for making it an epic finals.

As far as the "booing" is concerned: Did it really help hype up the crowd? Or was it more the fact that KDZ and Malek overcame what was being booed? I mean, how good could it have been for the SC community if it's own members were booing it's EVO champion player/character (if Cedric or RTD won). But I guessed it all worked out.

I do have to agree with this, though:
"Its Evo, man up or go home"

lol I started booing thugish once I saw him goto character select and looking down for a pad

Also Alex I would have to say comparison to sports pros is actually appropriate considering sports pros are the only people who deal with crowds of cheering people on a regular basis... sure it sucks to get booed and yeah I would be pissed if it happened to me. Also I would rather see the whole crowd involved then people turned around to play T6 in the back of the room

The ban issues will be resolved after nationals...I am guessing people thought this shit was already done with.

Booing a player cause you hate them personally is a part of professional sport, but if we're gonna take the professional sports approach, it'd be like booing a team that got all their points through field goals and didn't even bother for a touchdown because their opposition was too good to allow for any runs or long passes. Yes it's boring to watch a team that only takes the easy guaranteed route. But why boo someone for that? It's not like you hate them - you hate the tactic. Why take the negative approach? Rather than booing cedric for using Hilde, you should have been cheering for Malek/KDZ. Even when doom lands, A massive crowd "Awwwwww" would have a far more positive response than "BOOOOOO"
The reason I'm so against the booing is because it was hype in the wrong direction. We want a positive out look. not a "Oh everyone's trash talking this, lets jump on and trash it too" outlook.

I'dont understand why the debate turn around the booing, when the question everyone should ask himself is "why have we considered so long Ivy as a mid tiers and european players as weak people".

Hope i'll see a lot of American players in Paris this winter

Well....

First and foremost: congrats to Malek for winning. yea it sux that USA didn't win, but i gots mad respect for you for doing that you did.

KDZ: i hear you're still a bitch (coming from whodat) but props to you placing 2nd

Thugish: a walking fail button. whodat and i laff'd when you asked for a pad. LOL please don't make it so obvious to what you were going to do next lol. seriously, congrats on your placing.

Everyone else: i still say this.....

either ban the bitch or ban the binds.

despite what happened at ONE tournament, that still doesn't justify the fact that the bitch is DUMB!!!!! Look, first of all i want to know what moron decided that button binding should be allowed in tournament play when it was banned since the good ol SC days. Mind you this is the 1st game in the franchise that allows binding to happen. But yet again, what other fighting game allows binding? (i'm seriously asking this, since i don't play many other FG's) It's nice to cater to the pad players, but the worse we've done was to allow MAPPING, not BINDING. I'd like to see the Hilde player's responses on this personally. not to say that i expect them to be all like "that's stupid because then we can't play her" or something of that sort.

Honestly, 1 tournament doesn't mean shit when multiple tournament results are the same when it's hilde v hilde in the finals. however, trying to make the game balenced is also the best solution for the community as a whole. To the whiners that says she doesn't deserve that punishment, you're right, that's WHY i'm saying ban the BINDING. However, to those that do want her banned, she REALLY doesn't deserve that result either.

and about algol....BAN HIS ASS!!!!!
AND FUCK CHA CHA FOR NOT MENTIONING 8WAYRUN.COM FUCKIN SELLOUT!!!!!

CW, to be perfectly honest, I played in a tournament with hilde and only 4 buttons. It's hard, but still do able. But are you sure this will only affect the hildes? Cervy WR A+B:BBBBBB I know most people have like 2 or 3 extra binds for.
Some people have 3 G buttons they piano key for Just Ukemi's. Hilde isn't the only one who benefits from it. She just benefits the most.

Back