Exploring Special?

Organous

[09] Warrior
I know we're all into Standard play, myself included, but I'm wondering just how much exploration has been made in the world of Special versus? It just seems like everybody gave up on it almost immediately. I've seen that infinite aerial combos are possible, and I can imagine plenty of ridiculous things could apply there. Please don't take this as some scrub saying "you're all playing the wrong way," because I personally don't play Special. I just want to know how much effort anyone has put into actually exploring it and potentially discovering an entirely different game.

It takes too much effort to figure out which combination is the most broken, but i like having enough special Auto-gi A at least for online play. The annoying thing about special versus is that you can either have you character be strong or pretty, but not both, and I don't play ugly characters.

The only effort I made in special was in the ToLS and I had to mess around with some strength and defesive stuff so I could get through the tower to get my achivement. I didnt really notice anything "game changing" it seemed to be more or less just this person has more health than me....oh no....back to character creation. spam astas 1AB, 1AB, 1AB for the win....got my achievement.....im outta here!!

I'd dig it more if I could actually make a character that looked cool AND was viable. Unfortunately, in my experience the two have been mutually exclusive.

go organize a tournament with only 1p costumes and the gems.

Maybe that'll at least have some sort of limitation.

Special matches? LOL!

The only real time i've spent on special matches has been used to just fuck with whoever i'm fighting. I made a bullshit Sophitia and cervantes and just spam the hell out of anyone I come across. I can't take special vs seriously and have pretty much no respect for them as they're usually the people that get on ranked and spam ME.

Pay back is a bitch.

Feel free to go ahead and delve into special, I'm sure you could find some interesting stuff and have fun with it. It's not my cup of tea but I can see how it could be entertaining.

For me special is just a place to train. Just use your regular characters but dont equip skills. This should get you used to dodging more or being more aggressive. If all else fails I just use my character with SG damage A and CF them almost every round.

I just play special without skills and make sure my energy is as close to 100% as possible. Fuck skills, I dont need them. I like to fight with the odds stacked against me anyway. Its only really difficult when you fight someone with Unblockable A. Nothing more rewarding than beating someone with 200% health and max skills. Sometimes results in hate mail.

I played special a few times when I first got the game.. maybe 100 round of it or so. Just when nobody was on with a good connection in standard ranked/player. I've gotten on maybe 30 matches in special since then and yea... I just pick 1 player yoshi (whatever pumps that comes with..I've no idea..lol... and then I go and find the highest lvl with a decent connection to me. And I actually will host matches sometimes. Because the high lvls on special come in to cherry pick..lol. And then you get a nice and easy win against a lvl 200+ about 5-8 times in a row with a very "inferior" created character.

Unblockable A can be a bitch, but I lose all respect when the guy has auto impact on. That shit is just SAD. Especially when I am impacting more than he is with it on o.O. Maybe next time I take the 20 min plunge into special vs online I'll make a CaS that has that impact damage move and see if I can kill ppl with only impacting...hmmmm

As a side note... it can be at least INTERESTING (albeit irritating as fuck when they use asty with auto-unblockable A..lol) to play someone in special if they are a friend.

But who knows... maybe you can find a way to make hilde even MORE broken (although I don't support bans...just to note). Auto-unblockable...hmmm...does it work on charges....

If there were trade-offs with equipping skills or putting armor, Special VS has potential for depth. For example, high health equals massive decrease in speed. If you want to create a tank fighter, you behave as one and move slow. On the other end, you want to create a speedy fighter, you remove equipment but you have very little health.

To accomplish this, they might need to implement "load capacity" for each style. Astoroth, for example, should have the highest load but equipping more armor means he gets even slower than he already is. On the other end, Taki can't carry much, but she's compensated with maybe more skills to use.

Customization has a lot of depth. But it has to have trade-offs.

Unblockable A can be a bitch, but I lose all respect when the guy has auto impact on. That shit is just SAD. Especially when I am impacting more than he is with it on o.O. Maybe next time I take the 20 min plunge into special vs online I'll make a CaS that has that impact damage move and see if I can kill ppl with only impacting...hmmmm

I actually created a special character just like that. Kilik with Soul Calibur(whatever its called for him) automatically has Strong Impact, all followups are counters. I give him auto impact A, Impact Edge, and whatever else. The only point is to impact someone to death and you would be surprised how many people continually attack, even after you have impact killed them two rounds in a row, LOL.
Brain numbingly easy and funny when the hate starts to flow because you, "Block too much."

I have started with special on XBOXLIVE for the fun of it and got stuck with it.I personaly like the weapons special effects since they give a more anime feeling to the game.Even though there are times that they turn the tide of battle in a snap and that can be unfair often and also there are certain skills that are easily spammable. Also there is a chance that you usually end up with an armor-clad,barefoot ninja with a viking helm since you can't have both looks and stats. I love special for what it is.

P.S. I only play STANDARD when offline.

But who knows... maybe you can find a way to make hilde even MORE broken (although I don't support bans...just to note). Auto-unblockable...hmmm...does it work on charges....
I've tried this, but I'm not really sure if it C3B gets the unblockable effect because no one blocks in Special Vs. lol

Honestly though, I like playing Special and I have about 300 games on it. You just can't take it seriously at all. I got a Raph with Shave dmg A and HP drain B. You block, you take dmg. You get hit, I get life. XD

C3B doesn't get the Unblockable bonus from that skill.
I did find ways to get the "Do over 240 damage" to the lizard hoard extremely easily though.
C4B + 135% damage, or Doom combo with 200% damage.

Back