Ezio Q&A / General Gameplay Discussion

Looking for some input on a scenario in which the opponent makes you crouch.
Whats the fastest WR?

also whats your favorite WR? I personally love WR B; people most of the time get hit by the second hit for some reason. WR A obv. sets up for aa combo, however that combo seems weak and using CE is very skeptical; in training mode it seems like it doesn't connect at all.

WR A into his CE is only a combo when you do it off a Counter-Hit. The damage is not the best but it is something to note.

I realized that some of his wall combos will not connect if you are not spaced properly.

Has anyone found a tech trap off NH 3B/66B that hits both left and right that ISN'T 2A? 66B/BB only cover one side (but hey, it feels pretty sick to hit that into BE off a sloppy tech), and 66A infuriatingly won't hit half the cast (just straight up goes through them) and the ones that it does avoid it to one side. It seems reasonably safe to tech vs. Eizo and that gives me a sad.

His backstep is nice but you must be very careful not to backstep against a character like Raphael, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, or Nightmare. They can catch you very easily, especially in Nightmare's case and Ezio may not have the speed to counter them.

Has anyone found a tech trap off NH 3B/66B that hits both left and right that ISN'T 2A? 66B/BB only cover one side (but hey, it feels pretty sick to hit that into BE off a sloppy tech), and 66A infuriatingly won't hit half the cast (just straight up goes through them) and the ones that it does avoid it to one side. It seems reasonably safe to tech vs. Eizo and that gives me a sad.

On wake up 44B and 66B are probably your best options. Thing with Ezio is you have to take risks and have your opponent fear getting knocked down. Oh and if they decide to lay on the floor and roll around 6k2 and 2A+B are the way to go to make them want to tech. 6k2 gives you Oki options since most people will tech after you hit them with that.

I was thinking, somebody find a solid use for 11/77 A?
Basically the only NH that cause standing stun(ok we have B+K from back,but is situational)

I love my suppa stylish 11/77A, 1BBB, 3B/CE , but i've problems at connect with dat 11/77 A

I was thinking, somebody find a solid use for 11/77 A?
Basically the only NH that cause standing stun(ok we have B+K from back,but is situational)

I love my suppa stylish 11/77A, 1BBB, 3B/CE , but i've problems at connect with dat 11/77 A

Firstly, you can get it to come out faster by buffering it from a 44 input, which eliminates the Quick Step portion of it, making it both faster and removing the Quick Step "tell" that indicates to your opponent what it is you're doing. To do this, input as 441A or 447A to get it to come out from a back step. You'll know it's done right when it appears to come out almost from neutral as opposed to him stepping before doing it.

Using this method, it gives it a number of uses. You can use it TJ slow, obvious lows that put your opponent into TC, where 66A+B will whiff. Astaroth 1AA, Siegfried SBH A, Raphael Prep A+B, etc; you know them when you see them. The BnB follow up to 11A should be more than enough to dissuade them from being so predictable in the future.

Other than that, it's hard to find a use for it. It's extremely slow (i31) and very obvious with its animation - anyone who's just standing there isn't going to suddenly try to step or something. If you want to whiff punish with it, you have to step and use it immediately, before you even know if they whiffed anything or not - it's an anticipatory whiff punish, which is probably the worst kind of whiff punish since it leaves you high and dry on block (-20), leaving you open to copious amounts of punishment.

A possible use that you may need to hit the lab for is as a step kill, which already works on anticipation and is a bit better about this. If you think they're going to step and then attack immediately, it might not be a bad idea to try it. Say, get 11K on hit, and then immediately buffer 441A to catch their step attack. I'm not sure how well this works, since I'm not in the lab at the moment, and you need to condition them to being used to you using linear moves post 11K or whatever setup you're using. Ezio also has much safer and quicker stepkills (66A, 44A) that don't leave him for dead when they get blocked, and can also lead to good damage. However, I have a feeling it might be able to be used similarly to Siegfried 22*88A, which is another slow mid, only hits on anticipation step-kill - that one happens to be safe on block, though. I'll hit the lab tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Insieme per la vittoria.

Has anyone had success in cornering your opponents against the wall? I've only managed to do so about maybe 5 times at most. I know his wall combos are devastating but I have little to no success in cornering my opponent. Any idea how?

Cornering people with Ezio does seem challenging and I'm usually more focused on trying to get CH's than placing them there.

Anyone notice how jacked up Ezio's hitbox is? The second part of AA and BB both whiff and at time 6abb will just knock the opponent down after the A and the first B will whiff. Oh and 44B is so good!

Tried out Ezio, very strong character

In just 10 minutes in practice:

BB i16 mid, you can hitdetect and BE for 68 and BT where 2K can only be escaped by teching back (so guaranteed near edge)
66BB hard but hitdetectable mid. Follow with BE for 75.
6B ridiculous i15 punishment with multicleanhits possible. Minimum of 70 dmg.
66A. Totally detectable antistep. If CH, combos into 55 dmg and RO. Sick

A-throw, opponent must block 44B unless he normal rolls to the left
B-throw, opponent cant tech. 6K2 must be blocked. most mids will hit grounded unless they roll left (44B, 66B, 2A+B)

Ezio's major flaws IMO are: being able to whiff punish without BE or CE and having more than 1 launcher that's somewhat fast or high launching. (like Mitsu 3B, or 1A B)

@Belial: Not to mention that 6B is relatively safe on most of the cast with a possible BE option that can RO from a decent distance. As for 66BB, it is -16 on block so most characters could punish for free (except if block at tip range, then it's something like -12 on block) but could be made safe with the BE.

Ezio's major flaws IMO are: being able to whiff punish without BE or CE and having more than 1 launcher that's somewhat fast or high launching. (like Mitsu 3B, or 1A B)

@Belial: Not to mention that 6B is relatively safe on most of the cast with a possible BE option that can RO from a decent distance. As for 66BB, it is -16 on block so most characters could punish for free (except if block at tip range, then it's something like -12 on block) but could be made safe with the BE.
You can hit detect after 1st hit of 66B, if it hits, press another B and BE. If its blocked, dont finish it , when they get too atack-happy, you can always finish the string.
Being unable to pusnih w/o BE is not a big flaw, many characters cant do shit w/o meter. And i will yet have to look into that.
Not having a launcher is not a weakness, its ability to deal damage that matters, and Ezio has it.
I will tinker around with him more later. If I find something interesting I'll let you guys know. But anyway he looks pretty sick to me.

What do you mean by the whole "being able to whiff punish without BE or CE" being a flaw? I'm confused but I think I know what you're trying to say. Ezio is extremely good at whiff punishing. His crossbow gives him insta full screen whiff punishes against everyone, especially against characters that have moves that make them backstep.

6B is extremely safe -4 on block and +6 on hit, I need to use it more. 66BB is good but is probably better if you don't use the second B unless you have meter to spend. I am starting to like using 22_88 B now since it's safer and CH damage is awesome. 66B on wake up is still really nice though.

You can hit detect after 1st hit of 66B, if it hits, press another B and BE. If its blocked, dont finish it , when they get too atack-happy, you can always finish the string.
Being unable to pusnih w/o BE is not a big flaw, many characters cant do shit w/o meter. And i will yet have to look into that.
Not having a launcher is not a weakness, its ability to deal damage that matters, and Ezio has it.
I will tinker around with him more later. If I find something interesting I'll let you guys know. But anyway he looks pretty sick to me.

I agree with you completely Belial and I'm glad you're showing interest in Ezio as I enjoy reading up your character guides. I feel that Ezio's meter is better spent on 66BB BE since it gives you a lot of freedom on block and a good chunk of damage on hit while also give you good placement.

Personally I think his biggest weakness is that 6B is high, which means it can punish a lot less than something similar like Pyrrha 236(B). Even on moves that don't have your opponent recover crouching, highs can still whiff sometimes just because of the hitbox VS hurtbox. Sometimes you can wait on these things, but other times waiting means you get blocked and waste meter. It's still a very good, heavy damage dealing tool, though.

I also feel like 66BB and its (BE) counterpart are just asking to be Just Guarded if you throw it out on block, but that only really creates problems against a few characters, since not many can do big damage with -15 unless they're going for a CE. I think the idea behind him isn't to pressure block with his big things, but to poke and prod your opponent and then catch them on a whiff. 1BBB, 3A, and 2K are examples of things that you can use to just provoke a reaction, and then act accordingly to your opponent.

Have fun with the character, Belial. Vittoria agli Assassni.

So far I think 1BBB, 3A and 2K are crap.

Also, regarding your previous posts - you cannot do 11A from 44 buffer faster. 11_77A is always the fastest input, 441 etc come out slower. http://8wayrun.com/threads/buffering-8wr-attacks-in-scv.10385/

66B will not get JG'd if you hit detect and dont use 2nd B if blocked.

as for 6B. You havent played other chars in the game. Its Ezio, not Pyrrha after all. He can punish a lot of stuff for a lot of damage. Thats good. His BB is sick if you can punish something with 6B punish with BB.

Look for good stuff, not bad stuff ^_^

Back