Favorite Nightmares?

Engared

[10] Knight
Interesting thread is developing on the Siegfried boards so i thought that we should have one of our own. Who are you favorite Nightmares? That is who are the Nightmares you enjoy watching the most?

My personal favorites are:

1:Keev- What can i say? King of the Nightmares. Excellent blend of patience and aggression. Initially i was not too impressed by the first videos i watched however he has become an utter monster. Also, his excellent mixing up of dead traps and tech traps is something which i have added to my game. Great nightmare to watch.

2. Tiamat- Another great nightmare to watch. Though he has the tendency to lose matches he should win (:)), his knowledge and blend of aggressive and defensive playstyle is top notch. Very entertaining Nightmare to watch and showcases a wide range of matchups vs quality players. Only complaint is that there are not enough tournament videos and would like to see him matchup against the top U.S. players more often.

3.Silentwall- I don't know why, but i love watching his videos lol. Unsafe rush down nightmare, but heck if it works, keep doing it! Not seen new videos in a while but yeah the older ones were very fun to watch haha. I think my Nightmare plays the most similar to his.

4.Lau-Very technical, defensive Nightmare. Excellent fights against the master of all JFs (Chang's Fd). Very nice mix-ups and mindgames. Bit too safe for my liking but hey, thats how NM is meant to be played. :)

5. Promethius- Not enough videos but once again very, very balanced Nightmare. Hope to see more from him soon.

What are your picks? Who are your favorites?

i'd say everybody you've said , however i've never seen keev play before . and i'd include you on the list , too , along with LGinfinite , Final Life G from XBL .

and Akijo for throwing A+B at the most weirdest moments .

maybe Oni Masu 'cuz we're about on equal levels :p

edit : keev is pretty boss :P i just seen him do 33B > 66B tech trap and followed up with another 33b6 > gskk .

1. Keev: Best Nightmare ive seen, he has a perfect balance of everything, great player.

2. Ruben: Good Nightmare, i saw some of the combo's he does and it got me into Nightmare a hell of a lot deeper.

3. Beyonder: Ok Nightmare, abuses WS A, A6 but yeh, also good Siegfried.

And i agree Owwie, we are equal most of the time, i get some games in, so do you, but if only there is more competition with Nightmare on the 360 lol, but yeh havent seen the other videos with Silent, Engared etc.

Keev: 33b~66b as Owwie said is always amazing when its pulled off. Launch+Launch I cant think of any tech traps that look quiet like it. Furthermore he seems very switched on and consistent. I watched a fight with him V Hayate and he 8b'd every blocked 66aa from Kilik and I honestly couldnt see one wasteful move or one mistake that he made and from playing Engared alot I feel my Understanding of NM is at least intermediate.

Tiamat: Haven't watched you play alot TBH my friend but you have alot of knowledge and your very willing to share it which I respect. When ive spoken to you in the past you never came across as someone who considers himself to be above me just because your a top player, which isnt something I can say for everyone on this site so that has my respect too. I think our community needs more players like you and Engared speaks so higly of you it actually creeps me out a little :P.

Engared: Neck in Mother-fucking Neck every step of the way! Were always getting better together always striving to 1up the other and always making better players out of each other Neither seeming to be able to get the better of the other and I hope it stays that way. Heres a special mention for you my friend! (your still stupid though)

Heres a special mention for you my friend! (your still stupid though)

you're*

grammar fail . LOL , i'm kidding . no offense to you .

someone play me so i can get some videos in ! i need people to show people how i play and ask them to evaluate how i play :x

I was thinking of making this thread when I saw the topic in the Sieg SA but school always got in the way. So anywho here's my favorite Nightmares.

Lau - very technical and high leveled Nightmare. Also the fact that he always fights the HK community leads to alot of varied tactics and mixups.

Tiamat - Well I gotta mention Tiamat, not just because he was my go-to-guy for anything Nightmare related but also because of his excellent use of NM's tools and somewhat random playstyle at times that works. Also with said tools he does indepth research that leads to said tools sucking then finding a positive for it in the end :P

Keev - Excellent NM, good execution and use of techtraps and anti-techtraps. I don't see that being used too much in videos so its always nice to see Keev emplying them.

Vlaster - There aren't that many videos of you, except for the few on Stryker's channel, but I'd probably say your playstyle is most similar to mine. So that deserves a mention heh

The soul arena is so dead >_>;;

It's to be expected...SFIV and T6 have basically killed every other game until...the next SF/Tekken game in most areas. I am not interested in either so I just read manga and play RPGs on my DS these days a lot.

I was thinking of making this thread when I saw the topic in the Sieg SA but school always got in the way. So anywho here's my favorite Nightmares.

Lau - very technical and high leveled Nightmare. Also the fact that he always fights the HK community leads to alot of varied tactics and mixups.

Tiamat - Well I gotta mention Tiamat, not just because he was my go-to-guy for anything Nightmare related but also because of his excellent use of NM's tools and somewhat random playstyle at times that works. Also with said tools he does indepth research that leads to said tools sucking then finding a positive for it in the end :P

Keev - Excellent NM, good execution and use of techtraps and anti-techtraps. I don't see that being used too much in videos so its always nice to see Keev emplying them.

Vlaster - There aren't that many videos of you, except for the few on Stryker's channel, but I'd probably say your playstyle is most similar to mine. So that deserves a mention heh

The soul arena is so dead >_>;;

Its to be expected. T6 just came out. I dunno i still prefer SC though. T6 is fun but SC still has something it doesnt have... cant put my finger on it though heh.

It's to be expected...SFIV and T6 have basically killed every other game until...the next SF/Tekken game in most areas. I am not interested in either so I just read manga and play RPGs on my DS these days a lot.

Yea I know its expected to be alot quieter now because of T6 just coming out, but the Nightmare soul arena is quiet in particular when you compare it to like the Siegfried soul arena or something. Just saying heh.

SC still has something it doesnt have... cant put my finger on it though heh.

Weapons ?

- SF4 core is 2D space control
- Tekken core is movement + skill (move->launch->juggle)
- SC4 core is mind game (read your opponent / prevent your opponent from reading you)

This makes SC4 much closer to a human confrontation than just "perfect execution".
It's what I like about this game.

I also like the SC4 medieval universe

SC being a weapons based fighting game also allows for a greater variety of fighting styles than is possible in weaponless games like Tekken.

Keev.................. I admire his anti-character knowledge, Advance setups, RO setups and stable execution(master).

Some other nightmares had inspired me somethings are:
Twinstar(Advance setup and RO), Lau(Flashy setups, weird things XD and basic), Chang's Friend(He showed me how easy iagA can do =D) and Tiamat(some basic and combo).

Back