[Feb 11, 2012] The Jaxel-Dome Returns: Soulcalibur V Launch (Edison, NJ)

Jaxel

Administrator
[notice]As a lot of you know, these tournaments were put on hiatus because the cost of running them was getting too high; electricity, gas, etc. In order to get them running again on a regular basis, I have agreed to pay the monthly electrical bill at my house. Because of this, I have to raise the prices of these events; but they will be coming back more regularly. I'm sorry for this, but it was either raise the prices, or have no tournament at all.[/notice]
For those that don't know, The Jaxel-Dome has been the mecca of the Soul Calibur community here on the east coast going back to the last days of when Soul Calibur II was played competitively... It never feels like I am just at a tournament. For me, it's a family reunion with a tournament as an added bonus.
Event has passed...

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
  • 2:00 PM - Singles Signups
  • 3:00 PM - Singles Bracket
TOURNAMENT FEES:
  • $10 Soulcalibur V Singles
  • $10 House Fee
SOULCALIBUR RULES:
HOUSE RULES:
  • BYOC - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER RULES
    • I will not be supplying Wireless PS3 Controllers
    • I will not be supplying PS3 USB Sync Cables
    • I will not be supplying PSX -> PS3 converters
  • Squatting during casual play is strictly prohibited
  • You must take a shower before the tournament
  • No smoking is permitted inside of the house
  • Be clean and courteous, and clean up after yourself
  • Please don't walk in front of TVs durings matches
  • Absolutely don't vandalize the supplied equipment
  • We reserve the right to search anyone suspicious

Jaxel no offense I laughed when I read about the shower rule lmao. Its true and funny at the same time lmao! But yeah I need to get older quick cause I want to attend these tournaments but I know the age gap between certain veteran players will be crazy.

Also, can you POSSIBLY host a "next generation" tournament for all the pro-player kiddos who like Soul Calibur? Im not telling you you should do it but I just throwing it out.

Edit: I crossed that out cause thats hella far-fetched. Forget I said that.

Jaxel no offense I laughed when I read about the shower rule lmao. Its true and funny at the same time lmao! But yeah I need to get older quick cause I want to attend these tournaments but I know the age gap between certain veteran players will be crazy.

Also, can you POSSIBLY host a "next generation" tournament for all the pro-player kiddos who like Soul Calibur? Im not telling you you should do it but I just throwing it out.

Edit: I crossed that out cause thats hella far-fetched. Forget I said that.

Get your parents to bring you to Winter Brawl. If 12 year old Winrich can make it to tournaments, so can you.

20$ Entry + 10$ House Fee?

That is going to be a turnoff for many. I suspect we will get alot of "Oh we just came to play casuals".

At a 20$ Entry Fee you best be paying Top 5.

Noir - i started when i was like 16-17 so its cool bro!

Jaxel - GOD DAMN! 30!? fuCK IT im down lol

Why not do 10 for entry and 10 for the tournament which would be in line with what most tournaments do? Plus how many people are going to drop $20 to enter a tournament for a game that just came out?

Damn dude, really? $30? Where did that come from?

10 and 10. Shit makes no sense.
Really? I figured you guys would be more uptight about the house fee being 50% at that point, than it being $20 for the game.

You people should be able to afford the extra $10 and stop being scrubs. Its $10 for god sakes.

Really? I figured you guys would be more uptight about the house fee being 50% at that point, than it being $20 for the game.

You people should be able to afford the extra $10 and stop being scrubs. Its $10 for god sakes.

Sorry I'm grown?
[Insert responsibilities here]

The house fee is understandable, but that tournament entry is high. Plus it will definitely turn off any potential newcomers who may not be as equipped to throw away $30 on a tournament for a game that they've barely had the chance to learn. Do you want to turn people away for this launch tournament?

If it stays at that amount, then I'll be a scrub and stay home. Real life comes first unfortunately.

I concur! 30$ is way too much especially for me since I dont work yet >.< lmao. That added with train tickets, plane rides, gas money etc. is way too much in the end, not trying to gang up on you Jax but really..

Hey Guys,

After talking to Jaxel on new years eve on this, we made the agreement to make this a $20 event. This will be split 10 for the house, and 10 for the Tourney. Jaxel will update this when he gets a chance. I hope to see a lot more people say they will come after him making this change. Hope to see you there.

Back