Feeling Generous? In Desperate Need Of Sc Iv!

You're right, it's just safer to go with the sealed platinum one. It has an ugly cover but that's not important at all.

The game will take some time to be shipped since it's the festive season now but I'll post a pic of it as soon as it arrives.

Thanks once again!

Yeah, definately do not buy a used copy of the premium if you're wanting the suits and school girl outfits. they come with a code that you must enter when on psn, and once that code is entered, it becomes locked to that specific account. So without that account, you won't be able to get those other costumes. Go with the brand new copy for sure. You don't really need those extra costumes.

thank you for doing that, Talim_JP. It's people like you that make this community great.

Domo.

Thanks Enkindu (the word 'kind' is embedded, haha).

I think you probably do stuff behind the scenes that you never get thanked for, so thank you to you too.

EDITs
Yoda can be bought (and comes with a Star Wars stage).
Most stuff can be unlocked but don't know if they made you buy the holiday (Christmas, Halloween) and school girl DLC.

OK, so it's settled. I'm going for a sealed platinum reedition. I may buy the DLC after I get a job. I'm interested in the music from the original SC and I would even like to have the tournament-banned Yoda, just for the sake of completion.

This community is truly awesome thanks to people like Talim_JP and I'm very glad that I may have a chance to be an active member here (if I'll manage to stay competitive at least with some of you guys but being two years backward, I may have serious problems online).

Welcome to the Forums and to SC!

Hopefully you can hook up/find some playas in your area as well (if not then hopefully play some online with a good connection).

I've managed to track a seller who is still offering sealed copies of the original print. The game and the shipment was 26.50 EUR so that's almost exactly the sum that Talim_JP had generously donated. I'll update with pics as soon as the game arrives. I want to say thanks to everybody, especially to the donator, one more time so...

Thanks to all of you and have a Happy New Year!

Talim_JP and Karl_37 are easily the most generous people on these forum. They will do everything they can to help their fellow player and to keep the game alive. Talim_JP himself is the reason we played the JP edition of SC3 in NJ.

Actually, one of the main reasons for me to keep playing fighting games is the fact that fighting games communities are often full of devoted, intelligent and entertaining people. Seriously, I think that those who get to know games like SC IV from the ground are real gamers - not only with their minds but also with their souls...

It's getting cheesy, I'm sorry, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

Not good, guess there's no warantee?
Nope.

I was given a tip for fixing it and no, it's not about reflowing. I was told to add washers to the holders for CPU and GPU. It won't fix it for good but it should make it running for some time... I did it already and... the PS3 works, for now. I hope it will last at least a couple of months so that I can finally play SC IV. *fingers crossed*

I'm a MS man so don't know much about the PS3.

Hope it holds up and provides you many hours of joy and SC action.

PS3's YLOD is identical to X360's RROD - the connections between the motherboard and the CPU and/or GPU are breaking due to high temperatures. Theoretically, the washers should allow my PS3 to live much longer but it's hard to tell how long it will last in practice...

I run my 360 (before had an older one but now have a new one) out in the open horizontally on a flat piece of wood with plenty of room for air.

Never had any overheatin probs. Oh, well the graphics chip seemed to die in the last one (after many years of hard use), maybe that was the same prob...

I think my PS3 died because I have a problem with heating my room. In fact, it's very cold here. There must have been a too big temperature difference between the insides of the PS3 and the room itself. Seems that it was a thermal shock to the BGA and joints had cracked because of it. :<

It runs for now and the game has been dispatched this morning... I hope I can get some SC IV action before it breaks again.

Seems like cold would be for the PS3.
Computer/server rooms are always cold.

You should get it fixed, though, so you don't get sick.

It's about the difference of temperatures. PS3 has very weak solder joints and they break easily if there are big temperature fluctuations.

As for fixing it - I was told it's no use after YLOD because it will die again after max 6 months. It's best to buy a new PS3. I will do it as soon as I find a job but for now I hope that this old phatty will give me some SC IV pleasure. I waited so long for it to happen and it would really suck to have the game thanks to your generosity but not being able to play due to YLOD. Wish me luck, Talim_JP.
( ^_^)(^_^ )

Back