• Just Frames? What's that?

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Hello, NamuSkull here.
No, this isn't a flame war thread lol.
But the title was to get you curious.
Now that I have your attention, what kind of stuff flame you on?
Is it Setsuka's umbrella attack? Kilik's Asura dance? Or Ivy's throws perhaps?
Discuss.

I enjoy doing Yoshi's 4A+K, JF4AAAAA, and spacing around with Mi-na.

Well Setsuka's my main so fuck yeah JF Umbrella will destroy anybody dumb enough to try to attack Sets after 33b!

So 33B, JF umbrella is a "Lag frame trap"?

On topic i love Taki's A:6.
i10 punishment with 34 damage, knockdown and possible Wind Roll is great.
And when i am finally able to punish with it consistently, that's really gonna kick some ass.

33_99A:B :B :B for the looks and some tech traps. Actually easier than A:6 IMO.

So 33B, JF umbrella is a "Lag frame trap"?

On topic i love Taki's A:6.
i10 punishment with 34 damage, knockdown and possible Wind Roll is great.
And when i am finally able to punish with it consistently, that's really gonna kick some ass.

33_99A:B :B :B for the looks and some tech traps. Actually easier than A:6 IMO.

agreed 33_99A:B :B :B is cool and not that difficult

There's something just so satisfying about getting that glow and hearing that little sound when you do your JF. I love 'em...mostly.

I wish there were more just frames for certain characters (i.e. Lizardman, Vader, Seong Mi-Na), but other than that, just frames are great the way they are.

I will let these photos speak for themselves:

picture.php

picture.php

^^^ lollllzzz

From a design perspective, I like JF's that are enhancers to moves that can be done, over moves that only come out if you JF them. They seem more like a reward for better execution and less like a "this has tight timing" issue. Positive re-enforcement is good, yo.

-Idle

A mental pat on the back is not reason enough to warrant the inclusion of something that changes the game. Unless the effect is just more damage, JFs usually have some other effect that makes them absolutely great to use. The theory I can get from JFs from a design perspective is that the developers recognize this is supposed to be a great thing to use, but it could be too much if it happened all the time. The problem with that is almost regardless of the execution difficulty, if it's practical, people are going to practice it to the point that it always comes out when they want it. Because JFs are only special because they're done with perfect timing, I'm of the opinion that they should either just be the moves or not be involved at all. I've always been an advocate of emphasizing application, not execution.

Back