Flying Ass of Doom! Cassie Combos

2B doesn't connect if you hit the 236 counter hit....it's the only combo starter I know that leads to less damage when it connects on counter hit.

Well, yes and no. If you're doing the just frame version then you can get 78 damage on CH. With the normal version you're right...all the more reason to get that JF down. =)

23:6 23:6 23:6 23:6 23:6 4BB:A because it is so purdy

Plus if you carry them to wall the fun starts anew

That's the combo of champions.

I mean, if you're not doin that combo, kill yoself. It doesnt even matter if there's better, it's just the awesomeness that goes behind that big of a juggle.

Does anyone do 33B A+B 66A+B 1A? Sometimes when the 66 A+B lands they land funny and you're guaranteed a 1A and if they try to tech you get 236B after the 1A. It does 100+ damage...

Does anyone do 33B A+B 66A+B 1A? Sometimes when the 66 A+B lands they land funny and you're guaranteed a 1A and if they try to tech you get 236B after the 1A. It does 100+ damage...

I was kinda sorta messing around with this, and I'm probably completely wrong, but it seems like they land funny if you try to do the 66A+B:4 JF on them.

Guys, I'm a new/learning/schoolhouse Cass player, and I've played a cass that did an interesting, though most likely not guaranteed combo that looked something like this

4K(stun), 3K(stun), A+B, 8KB UB. Not sure if this is the exact input, but this guy LOVED ending his cass combo's with 8KB, though I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here.

Now I know about 4K being shakeable, but is there many other ways to implement 8KB into my combo finishers? Because if they stay on the ground, they should get beat, and if they get up and don't step left or jump the UB, they still get owned. Is there some anti-cass knowledge that completely shuts-down 8KB and that's why no one here is mentioning this? Explanation please o_o....

If the 8K hits them on the ground, they can just roll back and avoid the B followup unless they are against a wall.
If they get up into a mixup after 8K, they are stupid, especially when they can just roll back so easily.

-Idle

4K(stun), 3K(stun), A+B, 8KB UB. Not sure if this is the exact input, but this guy LOVED ending his cass combo's with 8KB, though I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here.

Now I know about 4K being shakeable, but is there many other ways to implement 8KB into my combo finishers? Because if they stay on the ground, they should get beat, and if they get up and don't step left or jump the UB, they still get owned. Is there some anti-cass knowledge that completely shuts-down 8KB and that's why no one here is mentioning this? Explanation please o_o....
Both 4K and 3K are shakeable, just so you know.

8KB is never guaranteed as a combo ender (unless they're stuck in a corner, maybe?). If you're grounded after 8K and rolling around, you can easily spot the unblockable coming... just punish it.

Both 4K and 3K are shakeable, just so you know.

8KB is never guaranteed as a combo ender (unless they're stuck in a corner, maybe?). If you're grounded after 8K and rolling around, you can easily spot the unblockable coming... just punish it.

Not even in a corner, because then your attack goes over them.

So 8KB just isn't good then? Mmm...o_o...

what about 8(b)? just the unblockable, good wakeup or easily countered as well?

Ruiner

Um, you mean 8[B+K]? It's decent for wake-up, particularly online, but good players will jump or hit you out of it.

Yes, I meant 8B+K, sorry.

How do you jump this? I know it sounds jump because I HAVE jumped it before, but lately everytime I've been jumping it, I get hit right back down...o_o....do you HAVE to step to Cass's right first to jump it?

Yes, I meant 8B+K, sorry.

How do you jump this? I know it sounds jump because I HAVE jumped it before, but lately everytime I've been jumping it, I get hit right back down...o_o....do you HAVE to step to Cass's right first to jump it?

Jumping it only really works if you are standing back a little ways, out of range of the main hit. Not sure about the stepping to the right first though, I think its just a matter of getting out of the direct path.

The hit box on the sword is deceptively large. If you are far away enough, you should be able to jump backwards without too much trouble.

good to know, other basic Cass questions for a new cass player.

I've luckily mained 2 other interesting characters before picking Cass up, so I have a good understanding and finally can put up a good fight....What I've come to see is that Cass has a bunch of canned combo's, most of them can be cancelled midway and as long as the block didn't space the opponent, you set up a mid/throw mixup each time you cancel a combo. 6AA..throw, 33K into K/A+K/throw, etc. Even if they expect the throw, you still got crouch throws, further suggesting that Cass is meant to be played this way.

8A+B, K, if you 8A+B and drop the K, is the move still at too much disadvantage to really stage any kind of mind game?

Her 66B+K, A, B/K combo......Where's the cancels here? 66B+K seems to have horrible disadvantage by itself...the A is high....which I haven't ever got punished on but then again it's online.....Anything of value here? zero tracking too... o_o....

Also...her lows....Raphael has some decent ones but he's unsafe, Voldo has great lows, but Cass...1a is only decent online(so abusable it's not even funny, damn bootieclap), no one ever falls for the k of 8A+B, K, 33K is good....1K is super unsafe.........2K DOESN'T EVEN HIT GROUND? Dude, Cass's lows are garbage. Good thing she's got a throw game. Any advice on her lows?

Ruiner

6AA with throw mixups can be rather ineffectual if the opponent knows the last is a high and will punish/TC if the first two hits are blocked.

33K mixups are pretty solid (for me)... just be wary of overusing it (like me).

Well trained players will see 8A+B uncompleted and will probably get a free mixup/punishment on you...

66B+KA mixups... the A can be GI'd and ducked. 66B+K forces crouch (I believe) and is only -9 on block... it's a great move to use to open for combos.

You forgot FC 1B for her lows... probably her strongest, safest one with interesting crouch properties (Algol and Sophie's BB miss Cass while she performs this move). Mix it up with 1K, 2K, and 33K, and you have a decent low poking game.

In my boredom I noticed that 3B on counter can get 236: 236: 4BB:A. It's not as strong as just 3B 4BB:A though so pretty pointless. You might be able to do 3 236:s and a 4BB:A, but I'm too lazy to care right now.

Back