Framework for re-establishing SC4 on a global scale!

I live in Augusta, but I guess you could mark me down for ATL since thats where I'm from. I'm broke and my car is out of commission right now lol, but once i get back on my feet, I'll be traveling to get some casuals and tourneys in.

I see this thread as "once again, Something-Unique is out of touch". We've all wanted to revitalize SC4, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. There is more to revitalizing a game than just listing out what players are available in each region; there are already regional threads for this kind of thing. As Idlemind said, this is a noble effort; but really it seems to be nothing more than Something-Unique once again wanting to be the center of attention. I've already said it before though, the only thing that is going to revitalize Soulcalibur at this point is NAMCO. There is nothing we can do anymore. The lack of the support from Namco has already done it's damage on the community and there is really nothing we can do to turn it back; short of Namco either releasing a patch, or announcing Soulcalibur 5.

With Namco now emphasizing Tekken and Casual gaming more than ever; I see no room left for us in their eyes. Word around the street is that Project Soul (the development team behind Soulcalibur 3 and 4) have been liquidated. Half the team has been fired, while the other half has been relocated to other projects. There has been no word of any development on ANYTHING related to Soulcalibur in a long time. In this day and age, there is no way Namco is "secretly" working on anything Soulcalibur and at least somebody doesn't know about it. Even Nintendo and Apple, which are renown for their secrecy, can't keep a secret. The lack of official announcement, as well as the lack of any "leaked" information tells me that Namco has killed off Soulcalibur. Before SC4 came out, Namco stated that SC4 would be the last game in the series; and as it turns out, that is probably true.

Just making a thread listing the players in a region and trying to organize a national major amongst existing players isn't going to revitalize crap. I've said it for years, that the heart of any comptetive scene lies amongst it's new players. Without a continuing influx of new players, doesn't matter if they are noobs or scrubs, there is no way we can survive. There is nothing we can do to attract new players without Namco's support. I will of course continue to run this website, as it still does a decent job of paying for itself; but I don't hold any hopes for Soulcalibur ever being as big as it was during the Soulcalibur 2 days. Short of Namco coming out and saying, we're making SC5 like SC2 (like what Capcom did with SF4), its not going to happen.

Jesus some of the people on this site amaze me. This is one of the many reasons the community is the way it is and also why I labeled most of java chat folks "posers/fakes" without caring. It's the cold hard truth. It's like some of u have nothing better than focus on all things assumed about me Something-Unique. Yet ur part of the reason I'm always in the spotlight. It's been that way since the very first time I hopped on the scene and "took the spotlight from u".

This is bigger than me and ur hate/however u feel about me.
This attempt at revitalizing this game is pure positive in good faith regardless if it fails or not. Yet people like u who's job seem to be stop S-U from blowing up per say would stunt anything potentially positive for the community just to hate.

I'll proceed with this since I want it and people are telling me to continue pursuing this. Just look at all the negative content in ur post. Then look at all the talk of the company making this game being disbanded. Doesn't it make more sense to make this game as big as possible then.

With that said the hell with u haters, keep my name out there by doing wat ur doing if u feel that's all I'm about. It only helps lol. I'll pursue this cause I want to and I was asked to as well.

Thanks for the no help :)

Edit:

My opinion on u guys is this. Some of u vets not all again some of u vets not all honestly no hate no bullshit I believe are bad for this game. U think cause u have been around and did shit in the past even if positive lmakes u the be all end all and forever in good faith.

Imo if u were once positive for the community but are now negative ur still bad in the end. The same rule applies to life. In with the new out with the old. Just look at people like Vincent to. His entire post history is probably pure troll content from beginning to end.

Negativity...

Why don't you stop being so pessimistic about this? You by far have the most negative post in this thread.

Lets look at facts:

SSBM had to wait almost 6 years for another game
MvC2 waited over 10 years for a sequal, and got one.

Yes it may be that this is our last game. So instead of being so negative about shit and let's make it hapn Cap'n!

:D

And i mean this with <3 Jaxel

First post edited again and people that have to confirmed to participate thus far and who have not have confirmed to participate or will not participate next to their name and it will be updated.

I already have a venue in mind for the East Coast in NJ as well. This will happen one way or the other.

I always said their is nothing wrong with SC4 the game itself but the actual community itself and received tons of flack for my brutal honesty. If these succeeds or not with all this effort i'm putting in well it will be clear.

KrayzieCD and Nori I will need u two the most in getting the other regions jump started. I'll discuss the details later but basically

KrayzieCD - West Coast
Something-Unique - East Coast
Nori - Middle Region

Framework is the most important word here. Its time to organize who will not participate, who will, who wants to but needs help by dipping from the pool of our known players. Please continue adding names to the list and spread the word out on this thread.

P.S. Thanks and Fuck Haters lol

Just found this thread.

I think doin something is better than nothing.

I think it can help to see all the playas listed in one thread (as opposed to spread through different threads that someone not livin in the area won't look through).

Japan- We've had to go grassroots but the hardcore will be playin to the end. SCIV bought in some new blood (and good playas) but many of the old school (like the SBO or Tougeki playas) are still here as well.

As far as I know Dekka Cho is still on the SCIIIAE (he will play arcade only).

Just last night me, 6 Japanese playas and 2 French playas got together for 6 hours of SC.
Only have one PS3?- Don't worry we carried in another monitor, 360 and 2 sticks (stuff like this, even just goin to someones house, didn't use to happen in Japan).

We've even got a site where people can IM and stream their games:
http://livetv.jpn.org/show.php?entry=1

Next weekend we will be havin a Tokyo Game Night- this time 24 hours of games (usually only 12, haha), but a lot of SCIV.
We probably get at least 40 playas for SC comps at events like this (held about every 3 months).
http://tgn.himitsukichi.com/

oosaka, sousuhi (and other Japanese) are keepin the Soul.
I try to keep what little foreign community we have here in the know (playin with the Japanese) and in the comps.

In between the (offline) comps we have a lot of 5bar online play- every night many playas are online.

And we even have a few JP playas that are FINALLY gettin interested and askin about goin to an international comp (like EVO or France).

Excellent post as well as excellent information. I didn't even realize Japan had a scene at all.

I think there should be a system set in place designed for International players. In other words donations should be allocated to international players only for those that do not mind donating to increase the chance of international players coming out to events.

I'm quite surprised by the info in ur post and its good to know u found the thread I personally know of a few who are spreading the word (props to them and thanks) but its interesting that it could extend so far.

Lets see just how far my reach extends!

Goin to international comps is difficult here- money and time is the problem.

First the playa may have to get the time off from work, difficult (up to impossible) in many cases.

Then since people don't really donate, or accept donations, the playa will have to pay their own money to travel.

And so, even with all the world comps, no JP playa has shown up for a SC comp (outside of Japan) yet (except for maybe BLT).

Michigan/ohio

perfect legend
candy
crow winters
wolfkrone
shardz
Ryujin

cant think of rest right now.... Will post later

Talim_JP:

I'm sure donations for international people could be feasible down the line.

Wolfkrone:

Mr. most legit SSF4 competitor coming from SC4 its nice to know even top 32 at Evo for SSF4 still has interest :) thanks again for input.

Yeah, well, negativity is just as useful as positive thinking. Even some doctor who I never heard of agrees. Read:

Negativity is Good - by Paul Sheppard

Loving Negativity

Years ago I had a very different life to the one I have now. I had a career which I hated but it paid me a lot of money, I was in a relationship which I knew deep down wasn’t right but didn’t want to leave “just in case it changed for the better” and I lived in a tiny little flat with not much room at all. I wanted more out of life and felt I deserved more, but was so unsure of how to get it and was in denial about what direction to go in. The fear within me would hold me back quite nicely so I was actually miserable despite the smiley mask I showed everyone. My life sort of felt stable though and that was good enough for now. Wasn’t it? Nope.

However, a series of unexpected events meant that the rug was well and truly pulled from under my feet, and my world was then changed forever. No job, no money, no relationship and no home. I won’t go into details of what happened but it felt like it was a major rejection of me and that was horrendously painful to experience. Down into the pit of despair I sank for a while and then it began to change. I now look back and am very thankful that it did happen, despite the pain, as what happened next was just brilliant. The pain forced me to become more resourceful, stronger, and wiser in my bid to change the hurt inside and also the dire circumstances I found myself in. I took risks, I became more assertive and I took the time to understand more about myself and my life. This resulted in a life which I just love and circumstances which just make me smile as I now live quite an amazing life. So how do I view possible rejection now? Whilst I know it bloody hurts, I also know there are benefits I am not aware of yet as the pain will help me look for what to do next, and to explore possibilities and potential, and gain more strength, resources and knowledge. I no longer fear rejection the same way as I did before. I use its fear to ensure I do my best to not fail, and if I do in some way, I use the pain as a message “to do something different”. Looking back at all the negativity that I can remember, I can list how I gained from each experience and how that still continues. Negativity has never been the same since.

Negativity is a Good Message

Negativity is a simple message “to do something different”. It is like an email popping up and once read we can delete as we look for that something different to do. Eventually it’s hard to say whether the email was negative or positive as it becomes a bit of a grey area as perspectives of the message can change all the time. Anxiety, stress, frustration, guilt, anger, jealousy and depression are all emails reminding you to do something different. What could it be? The positive thinking brigade are in danger of suppressing their thoughts for happy thoughts under the illusion they will become happier, wealthier people if they do, and yet the negativity they suppress waits like a sleeping volcano to erupt and they wonder where it all went wrong. I now love and appreciate negativity as much as I do positivity as both reward my life greatly. By thinking about negativity this way the fear is greatly reduced and has less of a toxic effect on my brain and body. I also take more risks now, knowing that whatever happens will happen and I will deal with it, my childlike part which feared rejection and negativity has grown up and now being an adult will reap the rewards from what comes next. Exploring the benefits of negativity has been very enlightening for clients as they look at their pasts and futures and begin to see them in a different way. One client said “I did this with rejection and I can’t wait to just get on with my life now, instead of procrastinating through fear!” A few months later and the changes they made were incredible, all because fear was now being worked with in a different way.

Here’s a great way of working with negativity to see how you benefit. Just like my experience, choose 3 or more negative situations from the past and one by one go through how you have benefited from each one. Now choose 3 or more negative situations you fear happening in your future. Is there something you fear being rejected from? How would you benefit if the rejection happened? Get creative! Make it habitual to explore the definite and possible benefits from negativity and see what happens from there.

Yeah I am pessimistic too, the way I see it though...It goes like this. You want to quit SC4 because you envy the other communities with their hundreds of players and your company doesn't support you by releasing a game that you and your opinion will inevitably fuck up anyway leading us back to square one, that's fine.

If you want to leave; leave, but do it quiet like. I get the feeling that some of you want to leave and take everyone with you.

We're all too familiar with the current situation. But after talking to a TO recently, I wonder why SSB can keep going strong and we can't. Clearly it's our attitude.

Greatone/Kingace: Don't respond to his posts or u will let him clutter the thread.

Here goes some input for those that are into the potential outcome of this thread.

1. So far first jotting down names from each region/state is making things easier allowing me to pull names from people that would like to participate or not. You will see it edited in my first post by each name. You will notice in the beginning it will be east coasts names first. Its not bias its just easier for me and if it does work it will give even more incentive for other regions to follow.

2. A format of a tournament every 6 weeks (a month and a half) seems to make more sense so far and it would make people more likely to show up. How do people feel overall about setting that format in stone?

Greatone/Kingace: Don't respond to his posts or u will let him clutter the thread.
I was about to say the same thing about you. Look at him guys. Coming into this forum with the flat-out assumption that this whole movement he wants is absolutely necessary to begin with. He assumes a lot of things. Makes a lot of judgments. Is that the kind of leader you want? You know it's one thing to take initiative to hold a gathering or a tournament. But then there's speaking on everyone's behalf about community decisions. No votes or polls. No memos. Just a person who feels entitled to call the shots as he pleases. And people let him! Hahaha.

Honestly that's what this community needs. Its incapable of making its own decisions and if I still cared about playing this game I would say having one person call the shots is the only way to fix it. Fuck power to the people and good luck calibur.

Back