General Strategy

Any thoughts on 1B and its follow ups? I get some use out of the B push back, but usually don't bother.
Anyone else use this move? or should I banish it?

They're good if you don't abuse them. For instance, 1BA is unsafe as balls and if you're obvious about it then they'll block. The one I hit most consistently is 1BK, either because they step like their feet are on fire or they're trying to anticipate the A.

Did pretty bad in the tourney today. But I haven't played in a while and didn't get to practise, so whatever; it was fun and that's what counts. Don't think any of my matches are worth much, and I used a bunch of Rock besides, but I'll have them up soon.

I've actually found that I rarely use 1BB/B4B, and something tells me I should use them more. Other moves I should try to use more are 44K, 3A at tip, 11B, etc.

Playing Tekken as well and still being stuck with online only and a bunch of AP classes makes it harder. I think I'm starting to form this horrible habit of using 6BB and 8A+B too much, though it might be just me being paranoid.

I know this may be a completly stupid question, but how do you block correctly on wake-up? most people I play can block a mid, high or low attack while laying on the ground. For some reason I cant do it which is most of the reason I get pummeled when I use mina. So when your on the ground, is there timing involved with anticipating someones attack or is it as simple as holding the guard button and being neutral or holding down.

or is it as simple as holding the guard button and being neutral or holding down.

Yo, this is Khent posting from Sporko's computer. What I quoted is pretty much the answer to your question. You're probably having difficulty with it because of online, where you are losing frames even on the best 5 bar connection, which is why you'd think anticipating is part of the equation unless they are using stuff like Amy 2B+K.

I see one of the problem of Mina is that the player needs to have a good reaction or trainning for changing combo. Otherwise, Mina's power is low with just one standard combo. T_T Unfortunately, the timing of changing combo is stricted.
In SCBD, Mina can have one standard combo (66B->FC1B) that make Mina player to have less error on changing combo, but SCBD's Mina has a boring game play.

6ak misses are fun and all, but I'm still getting over characters blocking 4bk after the agi. The amount of bullshit I have to go through to land that move. Good times.

You're damn right. But it looks like I may be coming alone, so I'm looking for a place to stay or someone to split a hotel room with.

At least I'll remember to pack my American funbucks this time.

Hey, Mina mainers. This may have been asked already but is there a move or two that can follow up after Mina's 44B is blocked? I get confused and mixed up as to what move I should do. Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks.

I use 6B+K. From maximum range, 6B+K seems to be guaranteed. From medium range the move can be blocked, ducked and punished. Using 44B and 6B+K upclose is a deathwish.

There's also character dependancy in addition to the range it's blocked at. Reference this list.

Easy:

Darth Vader
The Apprentice
Angol Fear
Scheherazade
Sophitia
Amy
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Tira
Xianghua
Kilik
Astaroth
Yun Seong
Rock
Zasalamel

Difficult:

Kamikirimusi
Shura
Ashlotte
Setsuka
Lizardman
Mitsurugi
Cassandra
Raphael
Siegfried
Nightmare
Ivy
Seong Mi-na
Cervantes
Talim
Yoshimitsu
Algol

Almost Impossible:

Hilde

Literally Impossible:

Yoda

So, who wants to talk about sc5?

And sorry about NEC, Khent. Got totally snowed in and couldn't make it. Was really annoyed, too.

If I'd tried to leave a few hours earlier I probably would have been caught in the snow on some New York highway, likely all night.

Things could have been worse.

You're thinking small.

Mina needs a command throw where she cuts Cervantes' head off and mounts it on the end of her pike. Cervantes is removed from the character select screen and the head stays there until you reset the game.

I have to admit, that was a classy outfit.

In fact, SC3 Mina was classy, with those baller cancels and those sweet agis. Bring her back.

Back