General Strategy

Heh, well, you know as well as anyone the road you take when you main Mi-Na, Sean. It's a very very rough one, but she can win.

Remember, France has some of the best players in the world there. I wouldn't say Lizzy is a positive matchup for her, as he has a lot more to offer than just his crawl stance(in all honesty crawl is kinda gimmicky anyways. Most Lizzy's I see only use crawl in combos, or against someone who doesn't know what to do against it.) However, it's not really a hard fight too. I'd say 5:5 is pretty accurate.

You can't give up just because she lacks a large amount of positive matchups. Just gotta go back to the drawing board and see what you could've/should've done and work with it. I would hope you guys have some vids for critiqing?

Khent...always blame the character :) at least that's what i do heh heh heh.

Anyway, it's lack of experience i think. You don't face lizards often, but they all play basically the same way and he doesn't have much to fear if you can block 1K consistently really. He is solid regardless, but not a fearful character, but of course it's Mina who isn't fearful at all so....yeah.

Reason to use B4B over 1B, though? Unless maybe you're mixing in some 2Bs, or you're using both in the hopes that they don't see them.

Still don't like 1A. Don't know why, but I can never get it to work. I stick to 2A+B and 11A, if I need a TC 8A+B.

But working the gauge is where it's at; that's what I'm trying to do. This works well, but my main problems right now are people who step and roll too much, especially at range, and getting cocky once they're in the red. People will start to really pressure you when they start flashing, which is a huge problem for Mina. The best idea is to get that 6B+K or whatever then work a block trap, because otherwise they'll just step, and step, and step, and get close and spam you.

Also, 66/44A+B is great for ROs. You'd be surprised.

I'm just a little wary about B being stepped. It doesn't track at all, and most of the people I play against now pretty much step to her left all day long. Which is why I've preferred 1B, since you have both A and K that will help vs step. Unless you're using 2B, then WRA mixups or something, I think you'd have some trouble. It's still probably worth it in the end, though. Hopefully I'll get some games in this week and have a chance to try it out.

I like the B series cuz B and 2B look similar, and 2B has good data, and allows me to space and control with WS A. Good GI seutp too, i like it.

1B i whore this...

1A i love, but I'm very veyr careful with it's use.

44A is almost a must use for me.

I use FC 1B and 2A+B a lot.

her right side.

9A safe but slow
44A unsafe and fairly slow
1A unsafe kinda slow
8A+B unsafe fairly slow
A+K unsafe and slow
11A safe at range, but slow

Her right side, so my character's left, got it.

All her step killers are slow? Good, that means step G instead of 8wr.

Now I really wanna play Renki/Hatgrill. Mwahahhahahahaha, I still feel Raphael does very well vs her.

Thanks very much Hotnik.

Maybe Mina player already know that......

3B > opp at air :
If it is not a distance make 66B combo.
8A+B is a better choice.
After 3B > opp at air > 8A+B hit and opp landed , the distance and frame adv is just suitable for mina's 3B again.
If opp getup and wanna attack , he will eat 3B tip range again.
If opp careful , no tech , stand + block. You can get closeup and do 8B+K / throw

1KK stun hit(tip range) :
1KK tip range [opp stun] > 1/3 A+B is a all side tech trap....

11B(close up) :
Close up 11B > 11B > loop is a trap loop to Mina's Right/Opp's Left, But I still haven't found which move to trap mina's right......
11B hit > 66 > 8A+B is a all side tech trap.....But input and timing is very hard.......

A+B / 6A+B / WSAA / 6K :
All this move have a little bit back step.
Exspecialy A+B.
A+B have a very little back step evade. Hard to handle but have a 5X CH dmg if success when opp attacking.
Mina player should keep her adv range for that skill..
6K can auto GI [mid B] and TC.
But cannot auto GI [high B e.g. Raphael's prep BB] and TC window haven't tested.......Do nyone going to test it??

Normal K :
Mina's opp will always run in for close up rush. And 3B/1B/3K/6A is slow/on hit - frame/less dmg/can be step.
If opp Rushing with 2A / TC move etc....
In this situration. Try more K at close-up.
I have tried Mitsurugi BB/33K [blocked] > 2A .
The 2nd 2A can be stopped by mina's K......(K is on hit + frame at least)
Also normal K can kill opp step.
It is not quite save but it is better than nothing at close-up.

Most people will block, but if 3B is at tip range, then it should be safe enough. Faster than 66A+B, too, so if can get them to stay in place it might make a decent mixup with 3B/44/66A+B.

Good stuff.

Nice find, Sing. I usually would choose between 2A+B or 66A+B when opponent lands from that but I'll give 3B a shot as well. Can they roll 3B to either side without getting up?

Opp can roll then get-up, But at least Mina have frame adv for run in mixup lol / 2A+B SG kill.
This setup is for careless opp I think.

I'm sure you can, but would you be close enough to hit anything besides a free block trap?

22/88A on hit : Mina frame adv
You can make your Opp force block 3B tip even Opp tech R/L.
If Opp no tech + roll = 3B / 9B+K6BB NC = Force Opp getup play mix up.
Opp can tech back to evade force block 3B but it will force block 9B+K...
While Opp start getup and block early and you don't wanna blood trade. Do WSB tip for SG dmg also good.

6B+K : Mina frame adv.
Opp no tech + roll = 8B+KB4B NC.
Opp tech R/L = Don't afraid to go 8B+K / throw mixup.

11/77B close range.
Opp tech R = 9B+K6B NC + Mina BT
Opp tech L = 9B+KBB NC......
You can also wait a bit then do FC1KK tip hit > Opp stun > 3A+B trap all or 8B+KBB....

4A+K on hit :
9B+K6BB NC. But it is very hard to make 1A+K get hit.

A+B on hit :
Opp distance is just suitable for 3B tip except Opp tech back.
Opp no tech = 3B tip / 9B+K6BB NC.

P.S. I haven't use these on fighting yet but Mina's wake up game seems horrible......=_=

I think you'd be able to nab a pogo off the wall hit, pogo works after almost every wall hit I've found aside from 3A+B.

Back