General Strategy

Mina anti Mitsurugi......
When mina vs mitsurugi, I guess mitsurugi will crazy doing 6B+K > MS 6B mixup > RL.

==============================================================================
When seeing Mitsurugi going MS and do 666666666 .
Mina can easy evade MS 6B/BBB/BKB by just RUN to her right only.
Of course she should care MS A but MS A is slow.

If mina blocked Mitsurugi's MS6 > RL following :
A) A+B
A+B to anti MS[6B] blocked > RL B.
A+B first hit is faster than RLB. And 2nd hit can hit RL2222 / A+B+K.
This method will break by RL A 2nd hit but no combo coming.

B) 6B+K
6B+K trade hit MS[6B] blocked > RL A, kill RL K / RL2222.
Although 6B+K dmg of 1st hit so sad, it still bigger than RL A 1st hit........
Break by RL B + and following 1A trap and 66B land hit.

C) B+K
Evade RLB.
Kill RL K/2222.
Break by RL[A] > MS 6B, and RL A+B+K.
And if Mina well control the distance with Mitsurugi
Mitsurugi will hard to A+B+K GI B+K first hit and get hit by 2nd hit.......

==============================================================================
If opp not using MS for getting close. And just doing RL 666666.
Then :
6B+K / B+K mix-up

For me, I will no doing mid attack for first choice......until I wanna beauty kill ^^;;;;;;
After block the 1st hit of MS6BB.
I should step 2nd hit then punish...... (Step Right. Left also ok but hard)
And if Mitsurugi has read you he will surely go RL A+B+K to GI 6K......so sad......=___=

MS6BB 2nd hit only 3x dmg.(I can't sure but I know it's not much dmg)
If 2nd B hit......Mina still can roll away or get land hit by just 1A/1B etc....
But!!!
After MS6BB blocked.
Mina can surelly 3B > 8A+B for 5x dmg + a mixup game with 3B combo/WSB/9B+KB4B/throw/CF kill........
It means MS6BB fail + a bit unlucky = 1XX dmg and loss 1 round.
30:100 dmg is too good for mina

So....
I will just guess Mitsurugi doing MS6BB base on 2 things.
1) Mina's back is ring.
2) Mina's setup punished Mitsurugi painfully. Let him don't want go RL + trying luck.

For the 33KB thing, I thought damage values were reduced if they don't move on the ground, and if they try to roll they get reset. That's what I thought it was, since I've seen reduced damage on the relaunch loop before.

Alright, everybody knows about her 1_3A+B mix-ups. Agreed, it's not safe and preety slow, but believe me, with some anticipation and of course some B-cancel, you'll land it a LOT.

But am I the only one using her crouch "stance" as a mix-up? (sorry didn't read the whole thread, just the last few posts)

It is not a real mix-up, but hey, it's Mina!

Let me explain. From full crouch, Mina has her only good lows (imho): FC1KK and FC1B. When I'm able to land enough of these in a serie, I just go to an obvious FC (like I wait a little bit while crouching, to really get into their head and let them feel it is actually a mix-up, like a Nightmare or a Siegfried would do) and do either FC1KK/FC1B/(FC2K) for lows, depending on the distance, or WSB/WSK/(WSA) depending on their reaction and the distance as well (WSA only for anti-step prupose). I can even go for throws if they freeze a little bit as it'll add up to the "mix-up".

About those being her only good lows, 1K creates a great amount of space and isn't too seeable, 2A+B has the cancel and does good gauge damage at tip (and has some deceiving range), 2K has to take the place of an instant 2A move, 1_3A+B are fast enough and decent attack throws that set up for techtraps, block traps, or a wall hit/RO, and give advantage to Mina when broken, and a combo-able stun (you can use pogo) at CH tip. 11A is an ok low at distance for minor step killing and isn't too seeable either.

The types of moves that are evaded by that tend to be ones with a horizontal or thrusting hitbox, although there are exceptions (thx4consistency Namco).

Also, to hell with Kilik. I like men, and I'll still take Mi-na over Kilik.

Granted I know most of her moves are unsafe to begin with, but do lag tactics for her exist online? Not that I would ever use them but I feel like im basically letting people win by not using lows. I feel like all of them are slow enough for people to see, block or jump over. I feel like im limiting myself but at the same time I would like to play the right way. Any help and clarification would be appreciated.

I wouldn't call FC 1KK an online low really, as long as you do it pretty much instantly, same with FC 1B. FC 1K also sets up that nice little 44A+B block trap. In a great connection people can block 2A+B on reaction, and it has its cancel anyways. Great 5 bars can play really well and I can generally always get my punishes off. It's not perfect though.

2A+B also has sort of a broken hitbox. It hits further than it looks like it does by a little bit, so if your opponent thinks it's just out of range it may actually hit them.

For her online lows generally just don't use 1A, or 2A+B for a non forced block situation in any connection lower than a 5. 2A+K is an online low, 4A+K just use it for spacing if the person doesn't know to jump/GI it.

Would it even have any real offline use then? I use it sometimes just as a move to get up with. Maybe just as part of an FC mixup? I've seen vids where it hit offline I think...when would you use it then?

I still don't think near perfect connections are as different as offline as some people (not really you per say) exaggerate. Just the main difference I've seen while fighting CPUs offline on my end is GIing strings on reaction, and I generally play with people who try to play as they would offline, and without abusing lag tactics.

I use FC1K the same way I would offline. While its a slow low, it has a somewhat decieving animation (+ the fact that not many people face a Mina anyway), and the risk of the second kick coming out makes people think twice before punishing it if they block it. Plus it TC's, which is nice (although most of her FC moves do anyway). I like it. Much less of a lag tactic than 2A+K, that's for sure.

On another note, anyone find any sort of use for her 9A+B series? Any setups at all? I can't find any (although I did hit someone with 9A+B when they were trapped in a corner). I would ask about 2A+K...but I think I already know the answer.

Only 9A+BB. 9A+B can TJ things like Asta's 1[A]A, Sieg's 1AA (I think), can be used as an extreme whiff punish, or maybe punish things like Kilik's 6A+B if you instantly step it. The move's got a stupid hitbox though and can miss when it looks like it should hit.

9A+BB is unrollable after 44B, and you'd have to instantly step it to avoid a forced block after tech.

Im a little confused by her combos. For the most part they seem unreliable. Like When I do Stun Combo 4KB. If I hit with the K shouldnt the B hit as well instead of the person blocking it? Or AAB. If I hit with the first two shouldn't I be garaunteed the 3rd? Another one is 33KB or 99KB of which I can actually show.
Go to Time Index 7:39
Is online playing jokes on me? Or is this just the nature of Seong Mi-Na?

33KB isn't a combo on NH or CH. Only during stun combos. 4KB will work on CH and stun combos, but since it's delayable, any delay on your part will cause the opponent to block. AAB is also just a combo on CH.

It's the nature of her. I can understand 4KB being a NCC but you would think hitting the auto-gi would allow you to get both hits in. Unfotunately, if the K hits the B can be blocked after a successful auto-gi unless it was a perfect GI. But yeah. There's a lot of weird things with her that don't quite make sense.

Well, I'm back more or less. Things are looking pretty sad here, but that's all right. I haven't played this game in months, lol. Let me take a look at some recent Mi-Na vids with Khent playing. :D

As a Mi-na mainer, I ask: what moves is her best tools?
Like if I get pressured from a Taki or Astaroth for instance.

Back