Glitches, Fixes, and other issues for 1.04 patch

Maxi-mum

[09] Warrior
As a title states, attacks go through people. It pisses me off. I've lost five straight to this shit.

I'd like to know more about this, is it only specific attacks, character specific? I'd appreciate more info on this to either correct or avoid this

For me, I've seen omega, alpha, and Phyrrha qs through 6A. I've also had a throw whiff vs Omegs qs. This is directly in front of Maxi at close range.

After landing FC3AAA RO B whiffs on most (seems like every characters) standing guard. That is the biggest thing I have issue with. Hilde and Ivy can step 6A at tip range.

I get BB whiffs on all characters on very close range, or one B will hit the other will miss. RO B after FC 3AAA is a constant frustration. RO B doesn't track for the life of me.

I'm always missing attacks right outside range. 6A+B kills me with its close range.

Attacks whiffing against Maxi usually has it's source in ignorance of his move properties. 44k for example TC highs and horizontal mids when hitting the ground and recovering, like pyrrhas TAS.

After landing FC3AAA RO B whiffs on most (seems like every characters) standing guard. That is the biggest thing I have issue with. Hilde and Ivy can step 6A at tip range.

As far as I can tell from my testing, RO B hits only if you don't do all 3 As. I don't know if that part is character dependent or not.

So I have figured out who actually reads the SA forums and who submits things to the people that matter to get things fixed.

Id like to expand upon this thread in hopes that it will reach the right people in order to get a comprehensive patch taken care of. Now keep in mind not all things will get fixed. There are just some whacky things that we are gonna have to live with.

Id like a comprehensive list of glitches such as these that should be looked at further. I will in turn submit them to the right person and then we just sit back and wait. Rumor has it there will only be 1 more patch (if any at all) for this game and then we are done. So lets get some things going and fine tune this maxi guy!!

any questions hit me up immediatly

HRD

As a title states, attacks go through people. It pisses me off. I've lost five straight to this shit.

sorry maxi-mum....I hope it was ok to change the title. If its a big deal Ill change it back right away!!

Well other than the FC3AAA~RO B whiffing on standing guard.

There is

1. 66B whiffing on grounded opponents. It's very annoying. Please Namco.

2. Certain characters (Hilde and Ivy and maybe more) can quick step his 6A near tip range.

3. Characters falling out of LI K, A+Bg, RC AB combo when LI K hits on awkward angles.

4. Make 1B stand your opponent up into the RO A on Counter hit. Normal hit can stay the same.

Reactions: HRD
33B needs to be able to cancel into a stance, preferably RC_RO. (Yeah I wish)
66A increase damage on CH, normal hit i dun care.
44B>RO>AK, as of now we whiff the AK, we can whiff the A, but leave the K connectable when 44B connects. just din make sense to see 44B connect, opponent went into TC animation, and you K just flow through the body without a hit.
A+Bg>RC>AB to connect consistently for all characters!!! VERY IMPT!

So our wonderful Belial has taken the reigns on dealing with all characters. I was going to put in a few on these posts but apparently MY opinion isnt worth shit. He wants to hear from top tourney players only (what a crock of shit that is but whatever).

His heart is in the right place so I wont get all crazy and shit. But if any of the reputable top tourney players that wanna chime in with what they have to say. this would be the place to do it. http://8wayrun.com/threads/balance-patch-discussion.13433/#post-483529

can you feel the bitterness in my post?

Erm, Left throw BL K BE to work on Py, oPy, LX, Xiba please?
I'm too hare brained to tech trap with 6A+B...

Jump K whiffs against TC'ing low kicks, like Lei and Ezio's 2Ks. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, but if that's the case then maybe they should make it + on hit and have jump B be less of a gimmicky piece of shit.

Oh, and Maxi's Oki... It would take too long to describe everything wrong with it. PS should just forget fixing it and write us a letter of apology for how poor our KD adv, OTG, and tech trap options are. Doesn't have to be any hurry about it. I'll just be standing a step away from grounded opponents waiting my life away anyways.

Also, what is with the nerfed WR B+K suggestion in that balance thread? That's almost as fucking pointless as it is stupid. While were at it we should suggest they slightly mess with other mid tier character's completely unnecessary, but situationaly useful moves. How about lowering the damage on Xiba's 6K from 27 to 20, that sounds fun, huh?

(Yeah, I'm tired and angry. What of it?)

I dunno I saw that WS B+K thing to. I tried to chime in with what we got going here. But he said hes not really interested in what I have to say cause Im not a tourney player. So if Belial wants to take the elitist road and be all high and mighty and not want a general idea of what the Maxi community wants......Fuck him, Ill continue with my own plan.

Screw it, I'll post this here and there then.

The Maxi changes that I think would balance him ideally:

Buffs
-Bigger hitbox on Jump K. 9K +frames on hit (+1)​
Everyone deserves a decent TJ. Maxi is no exception.​
-LO K +frames on CH (+4)​
LO can be nearly ruined by step. LO K is the only guaranteed option vs step. There should be some reward.​
-Tracking on 2K​
Maxi's OTG options are unjustifiably poor after most KDs. Having his higher risk/reward option consistently viable vs rolls would greatly help this dull situation.​
-Damage increase on BL BB (20 -> 25 and 26 -> 30)​
When you consider that BL B and can step-punished very hard after being blocked regardless of whether or not you use the follow up it's clear the risk exceeds the reward by too much for such an important tool.​
-1B forces stand on hit/CH​
It's a key move and the stance that's forced after it puts Maxi is in a weaker position than he ought to be after hitting a crouched opponent.​
Nerfs
-6A+B smaller horizontal hitbox.​
This move is far more difficult to avoid by stepping than it ought to be.​
-LO K less safe on block (-14 to -16)​
If it were buffed then the higher reward would deserve a higher risk.​
-6A less safe on block (RO~G from -13 to -15)​
The reward and utility of this move warrant a higher risk.​

Back