Glitches, Fixes, and other issues for 1.04 patch

Yeah, I've heard Uber on 6A and thought about it some more. 6A canceling to guard in 15 frames instead of 16 seems more suitable. Definitely don't think it deserves to be safer though. It's a damn good move, and there should be a price for using it recklessly.

My Boyfriend steps 6A+B religiously. It only tracks too Maxi's right. Making it anymore steppable would be a very unjustified nerf IMO.

LO can quickly go into RC for RC A on a natural shift so if your opponent is too slow or the step punish is too slow this can beat some things out. Not to mention you have RC KK for high step punishes and RC B for lows step punish. Oh yeah and LO K if they are pretty fast on their step punishing.

Reactions: HRD
Well you have a point on 6A+B. Though still see it occasionally catching right step at certain distances as an odd hitbox quirk.

As for LO step killing: Any step fast enough to be a problem (step LO B) can't be punished by anything from RC. Anyone stepping LO B would be likely cancel that step into a TC if they're smart which only makes LO A able to CH too. So still there isn't technically anything outside LO K that can punish a well timed step against LO (at least on any situations from block).

So are you talking about LO as a whole stance or the LO B attack because people should fear the K follow up. The K also has weird evasion properties because he jumps to his left during the animation. I have dodged Phyrra's 236B a few times with it.

Yeah, I've heard Uber on 6A and thought about it some more. 6A canceling to guard in 15 frames instead of 16 seems more suitable. Definitely don't think it deserves to be safer though. It's a damn good move, and there should be a price for using it recklessly.
It's H. There are tons of things that'll make you hurt for using it recklessly already.

So are you talking about LO as a whole stance or the LO B attack because people should fear the K follow up. The K also has weird evasion properties because he jumps to his left during the animation. I have dodged Phyrra's 236B a few times with it.

I'm saying LO as a stance. But the K follow up on LO B is the reason why I mentioned cancelling step into a TC. It will punish LO B regardless of whether or not you do the follow up but it opens them up to LO AK NCCs.

-

Oh, and I'm slightly surprised with the steady disagreement on 6A. I didn't think making it slightly less safe was that big of a deal, I mean, it's really only used when you read movement anyway, but it seems like a really unpopular idea. lol

So how would you guys go about making a perfectly balanced Maxi?

So how would you guys go about making a perfectly balanced Maxi?

I dont think there is one correct answer for this. To many opinions that will never jive together. The same could be said bout all characters really.

All we can do is really point out the obvious fuck ups and pray they get fixed. All the other small detailed things....well its like the saying goes "you cant please everyone"

Just fix A+Bg from whiffing after LI K and fix RO B whiffing after 3As and I'm happy. Maybe take some of that damage back that Viola took from him.

Why do you think 6a should be nerfed at all? Its already unsafe. On NH its not much of a threat. On ch it is good, but not amazing. Its only about 50 damage. Add to that the fact that it still gets backstepped (and even sidestepped sometimes), I feel like this Nerf is totally unnecessary. So many other characters get just as much if not more for catching someone stepping on ch.

Honestly, I wouldn't really do anything to him. He's strong, but not stupid strong. He has very exploitable weaknesses too, so overall I think he's pretty balanced. I think all they really need to do is Nerf a few things on,top tier and buff up bottom a bit and we'd be in a good place

Oh, and I'm slightly surprised with the steady disagreement on 6A. I didn't think making it slightly less safe was that big of a deal, I mean, it's really only used when you read movement anyway, but it seems like a really unpopular idea. lol
You'd have to beef him up somewhere. He's mid tier as it is. He's not a character that needs things randomly hacked off at this point.

You'd have to beef him up somewhere. He's mid tier as it is. He's not a character that needs things randomly hacked off at this point.

So you think if the changes I made up were implemented he would be weaker than he is now?

Why do you think 6a should be nerfed at all? Its already unsafe. On NH its not much of a threat. On ch it is good, but not amazing. Its only about 50 damage.

Well I don't think it needs nerfed because it's too good. I just threw it in as an acceptable trade for the buffs. Like you guys say, he's well enough balanced as he is, so if he were to have his more frustrating aspects fixed up I think he should lose almost as much elsewhere to keep him balanced while being more fun and well rounded.

Plus, I think you know 6A is a bit better than you're leading on, Uber. It's easy to fish out a CH off a horizontal of it's speed and range and aside from the solid damage we get a nice RO/wall option and (for Maxi) good oki options in the open.

So you think if the changes I made up were implemented he would be weaker than he is now?
I don't think they'd make much of a difference which makes offering some horse trading that damages good tools in exchange somewhat unwise.

I think the changes you made would make him worse. The other changes are nice, but not nice enough to make up for a more nerfed 6a.

I just find it weird you'd want to Nerf 6a but not ws b+k. I at least know why people have a problem with that, that move is really annoyingly good. One of maxis top 3 tools. 6a is just good

Sorry for derailing this thread to hell, but this conversation is too interesting, HRD.

I just find it weird you'd want to Nerf 6a but not ws b+k. I at least know why people have a problem with that, that move is really annoyingly good. One of maxis top 3 tools. 6a is just good

I'm equally confused, man. It's funny that two people who know the character as well as us can have such different opinions. As I said earlier, I don't even think WS B+K great. There's a bit of use for it in a couple match-ups, and it's flat out too fucking cool in that 4A+B combo but still...

I would like to use the move as a counter, but it has a TC that ends long before impact, a lacking SS, it's slow and it has to be done from rising which is pretty significant no matter how fast you input it. Having a couple extra frames in front of your evade is a big deal. I'd go with a step into 6A+B over it any day for general evasion.

I've seen how you use it during wakes, but I just don't like it's evasion enough to risk that. Definitely not in the same league as 6A in my mind.

You can pretty much throw ws b+k whenever you want. Its safe, ss, tc, high damage, breaks in 9, tracks well, ring outs from a good distance, wall splats. I throw this shit out all the time, even just from neutral. If they do anything linear or high, they eat 80 damage + wakes. Id say its his second best move behind 6a+b. Just start throwing it out, you'll be surprised how often it lands. It also makes the opponent have to constantly think about it, similar to the way Mitsu 4b works.

Lol, don't use it then. I will continue to whore it out with great success. It dodges more than you realize. Its pretty amazing for counter mixups.

But anyways, I think b+k aGI should be rebuffed. We should be able to get 66b afterwards. The damage right now is pretty lame. Its not really a worthwhile read now, more just a risky attempt at saving your own ass.

I completely agree with Uber. It should follow the formula of risk vs. reward. As it stands it does very little damage and isn't worth throwing out unless they blocked something really unsafe and you're just trying to cover yourself. There's no risk/reward, really. It's just a desperation move after a big whiff or if someone guards an unsafe stance move. If it did some legit damage, it could actually be a tool. If anything it'll make Maxi a bit more interesting having the viable tool back.

Sorry for derailing this thread to hell, but this conversation is too interesting, HRD.

Its all good. At least here in the Maxi SA we can have intelligent conversation. I see this as being healthy debate. Nothing wrong with it.

Would I be a dick if I agreed with Uber on the WS B+K thing tho? LOL.

My main whiff/glitch concern is RO B, whiffing randomly when used from differnt moves. Thats my biggest bitch. By all means....Continue

I would really like all whiffing fixed, but i.feel like this problem is beyond maxi issues. I feel like there is something fundamentally glitched in the system, because just about everyone has whiffing issues on stuff. If they really could fix it though, I would definitely like them to fix the RC AB and 66b on grounded whiffing

I totally agree with more damage on his aGI. Either increase it's clean hit rate or bring back the stun but disable the ability to get a CE off it.

Only other Buff I'm in favor of is 1B standing opponents up on CH.

Otherwise he seems fine to me.

Back