Glitches, Fixes, and other issues for 1.04 patch

I think he's pretty balance now. I wish I could play 1.01 Maxi again, I feel like I was sleeping on how good he really was. Some of things I do now would have been so much nastier before.

On a side note, other characters are starting to find weird glitchy shit that improves their
game. Raph has Prep A+B out of stance, Voldo has 4B stance moves, Algol has iFC 8A+B. All of them are really weird inputs that you wouldn't normally try to do.

There might be in something in there for Maxi too. We gotta get to work on finding this stuff for Maxi if its there.

If by the Algol move you mean his "headbutt from full crouch", the move is actually iFC 8B (and BE counterpart). It really isn't a glitch, it's a buff that he was given in the 1.02 patch.

It read: "While crouching 8B (Alruccaba Vega): Increased damage (20,30→40,20). Increased chance of clean hit possibility. Reduced hold time when executing from standing."

This is why it looks like he is glitching, but is really using his buff.

Really? It really seems like a glitch, considering you have to buffer the crouch into the previous move. If its not a glitch, I feel like its use in standing combos was an unintended consequence of the buff. I can't really say though cause I don't play Algol.

But anyways Kyo, what you are saying is that there are about 5 characters that are top tier, and you think Maxi should be buffed to match them. Once again, Maxi not being top tier is not the same as Maxi not being balanced. If you were to buff Maxi back up to have a more even match with Mitsu and Viola, that would just add one more character to the top tier list. It would be a much better idea to just bring those top tier's down a little bit. Maxi has advantageous or even matchups against 90% of the roster. Stop focusing on the few characters that have advantage over him when gauging his balance.

Zwei is my main BUT I use maxi as well...I say he is competitive even against the top tier chars in this game...imo I say its worth it to gamble with 22A and 66B sometimes..but not a whole lot. Maxi just has to work harder thats all, as it should be with any char in this game unlike the top tier...If anyone still has doubts about maxi facing the top tier I challenge you on XBL to use a top tier against me So I can sample my own maxi analysis.

For the 10th time. This isnt about buffing maxi to compete with tiers. THIS ABOUT BALANCE OF CHARACTERS. maxi has nothing really to over powered or under powered for that matter. Period! I grow tired of seeing this explained over and over to you. I will be cleaning this thread up and deleting the irrelevant stuff.

Havent had to do this yet in my SA. It upsets me tremendously!

Kyo. Please stop arguing with these guys.

66B seems to have the occasional whiffing issues against grounded opponents. It happens enough that it's recreatable and not just the game being stupid as it's wont to do.

Glitches, fixes and other issues...well mine is other. Something in me hates the nerf/buff discussions. Not every fighter is or should be "even". I have a feeling some people want things nerfed simply because it's effective and they don't want to face attack X Y or Z as it is because it gives them a hard time. Or they want things buffed because it will make their own character's victories easier. Not saying anyone is selfish in specific. I just assume it's part of human nature. Plus, whole threads dedicated to what should be buffed/nerfed just look like clusterfucks. I'm sure such things need to be discussed somewhere by someone but players may not be the most objective and the results of the fixes they propose tend to end up in a "be careful what you ask for" type scenario. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Well, then returning to the original post: my buffs are exctly what i said: remove his damage nerfs and left him as unsafe as he is now.

Before his damage nerf Maxi had full life combos against a wall and mid screen two wrong guesses or two punishes + a throw spelled death for his opponent. Not balanced at all IMO considering he isn't that high risk.

Funny you say that. Astaroth can do that all day. That's not balanced, yet Namco increased him.

Funny you say that. Astaroth can do that all day. That's not balanced, yet Namco increased him.
Yea he can but Maxi is a lot faster and easier to pressure with which increases my opponents chances of getting caught by FYL (Fuck Your Life) Attacks. If you don't let Asteroth B+G Grab you and watch out for 22B then he won't be doing outrageous damage. Asteroth's punish game seems to be piss poor too. He still has his CE, 22B BE combo but that requires 1.5 bar so I can live with that.

Pre-patch Maxi was pretty much like standing in the middle of two freight trains colliding at top speed. I really didn't like that about him.

I can't make 3a hit even at close range. The attack is bogus.

Try to use it as a "counter SS move", in close, when the foe does a SS, that move, miraclously, hits on CH... (yes, no one knows why, but it happens very often)

If you don't let Asteroth B+G Grab you and watch out for 22B then he won't be doing outrageous damage. Asteroth's punish game seems to be piss poor too. He still has his CE, 22B BE combo but that requires 1.5 bar so I can live with that

Astaroth only needs to caught you in a stun CH (3A, Bb6...) and you can say "Good bye" to 35~40% of your lifebar only with a CH and no a BE is needed. 6K is not that slow, in fact, is his best punisher, because it can catch you in the recovery frames and make that a CH... so that means that a ~25% of lifebar could be ereased almost for free.

Astaroth only needs to caught you in a stun CH (3A, Bb6...) and you can say "Good bye" to 35~40% of your lifebar only with a CH and no a BE is needed. 6K is not that slow, in fact, is his best punisher, because it can catch you in the recovery frames and make that a CH... so that means that a ~25% of lifebar could be ereased almost for free.
Well I space Asteroth and play as safe as possible against him. I JG/QS most of his useful strings. His 6K rarely CH me. Maxi's 6A+B stuffs his Bull rush revenge. Honestly he is not that big of a threat once you get used to his stuff.

Well I space Asteroth and play as safe as possible against him. I JG/QS most of his useful strings. His 6K rarely CH me. Maxi's 6A+B stuffs his Bull rush revenge. Honestly he is not that big of a threat once you get used to his stuff.

If you "space" Astaroth, he has the winning point, cause you can't reach him but he can reach you. So, If Asta blocks any move which make Maxi enters into a stance (most of Maxi's moves. XD) [EDIT: and don't do the aGI] 6K is a free CH punisher, just like Night's 6K. When Maxi reach the close combat, Asta has little options to scape from that.

Anyway, as i said: asta only needs a stun CH to wipe almost half of your lifebar out.

There is a ton of ways to space Asteroth with Maxi. I personally think it's not good for Asteroth to give Maxi space. I A+B his fully charged bull rush on reaction but the crazy hit box on it sometimes makes it trade. Whiff punish him with 66B LI A otherwise.

Bullrush revenge? Is that the BE of 66k? You're telling me that 6a+b of Maxi stops the bullrush?

Also, what about 6k? That knee comes out of nowhere.

Well they have there vote thread with stuff I totally don't agree with so there you go. I mean there was no mention of 1B forcing stand on CH.

Back