god this bitch is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I love low level players who call good players noobs and whiners.

Look we all think Hilde is a cheap bitch, sometimes people need to vent it off once in awhile.
I also feel she is a blemish on an otherwise beautiful game, BUT, she is in the game, and I'm sure offbeat is just gonna go on playing anyways. Sometimes you just gotta get it out yo.

-Idle

What frustrates me is the banhappy attitude of scrubs. At least Street Fighter has the benefit of being a mainstream game with a large following for almost as long as games have been around. It's got so many pro players that the scrub community hasn't a leg to stand on. This game? Not much more than a hole in the wall until a new game comes out, and then practically nonexistent when another fighter is released.
Hilde introduces the most basic of game theory. She has an ungodly combo, thus making itself both the best tactic and strategy for her character. This, however, is far from immune. It has severe vulnerabilities. It's a high-risk/high-reward strategy. Blocks and throws destroy her when people rely entirely on her combo. This, then, is the best strategy to use against her. Have a good defense and grab her when you can. A good Hilde player will then realize that the "best" tactic is no longer the best and must adapt. It forces him to "actually play the game."
Seriously, with the exception of Algol who I've found is a reasonable target for banning (I still oppose it, but understand why people support it), all the other ban talk I've heard has been about flimsy arguments. Yes, I know this guy isn't saying ban her, he's saying that the game itself is totally ruined with her around, which essentially means to ban her. OP needs to understand basic game theory and look for answers to threats.

Nevermind the purposes, limitations, or answers behind any thing. I suppose all games should come with easy-scrub programming, allowing players to change the programming, even online.
Hilde is cheap. -> certain characters become forever locked, so I can just lock all characters and force games to freeze up online.
Throwing is cheap. -> disables all throw animations and makes Yoda even worse.
Unblockables are cheap. -> disables unblockable attacks, even if they're preset within combos
Critical Finish is cheap. -> removes soul gauge, even though you probably never lose yours, anyway
Ring-Out is cheap. -> Stages can be turned on or off, so griefers get to freeze even more games.
Stun combos/frame traps are cheap. -> Character animations are entirely unaffected by attacks, so button mashing with Taki wins.
Teleporting is cheap. -> Teleport moves are blocked out, so long-range characters dominate against those characters.
Turtling is cheap. -> Movement and block are disabled. Taki wins.
Time Up is cheap. -> Time is disabled, so rather than wait for time to run out and win, I can just wait until you run out of patience and attack me, even if I'm lower on life than you.
Small hitbox is cheap. -> Moves that would never possibly hit will not hit "just because."
Spamming is cheap. -> Cannot use identical move after using it. Now, a good spammer would just do some quick attack before launching that atttack, so have multiple levels up to the point where performing a move deletes it entirely.
Sad thing is, the debate that Smash Bros has continuously shows that people would actually be behind this stuff, and our community would be even worse off (in all fairness, not everything in the Smash debate is scrubby, but actually potentially sound balancing). Just randomly shouting out "Hilde is cheap" puts you in exactly the same camp as the rest of this crap, so go ahead, quit if you want to. You can go play games of chance, and you'll never realize the heights that non-scrubby behavior can reach.
[/rant]

BTW, does anyone still have that comic someone made about banning all but 2 characters? It's hilarious!

ummm, how is it high risk to hold L2? (or whatever button it is pad hildes use)

btw, hilde is the easiest char in the game to beat. all you scrubs whining need to play more and post less!!!!

that is all

Hilde's cheaper than the prostitute who got arrested for giving up that aaayyyyuuussss!!!! for a box of chips.

lol I love low level players who call good players noobs and whiners.

Look we all think Hilde is a cheap bitch, sometimes people need to vent it off once in awhile.
I also feel she is a blemish on an otherwise beautiful game, BUT, she is in the game, and I'm sure offbeat is just gonna go on playing anyways. Sometimes you just gotta get it out yo.

-Idle

I love people who think being good at video games makes their opinions matter in the least way

^_^

Why can't people treat joke/vent threads as joke/vent threads. There's no reason to be so aggressive.

Besides, everyone knows Amy and Voldo are worse.

I love people who think being good at video games makes their opinions matter in the least way

^_^

So wait, when your a prick on an internet gaming board devoted to playing a game competitively, your opinion matters, but when I am, it doesen't. I follow. Thank you for clarifying it for me instead of addressing my point and dealing with it, but that would require you to admit you were wrong.

-Idle

ummm, how is it high risk to hold L2? (or whatever button it is pad hilde's use)

The risk is in gameplay, not execution. There's the high risk of adopting such an easily beatable strategy with the high reward of totally destroying those who don't adapt to it.

^_^

It does when the opinions are of said game on a competitive level. They are experts on the subject in the same way that expertise on particle physics makes your opinions on that matter. Does my Soul Calibur skill mean my opinion of entertainment matters? Of course not.
(Not meaning to imply I am by any means a champion. I simply understand the theory.)

Teleporting is cheap. -> Teleport moves are blocked out, so long-range characters dominate against those characters.

Not to derail this topic, but I've always found it funny that the characters that have teleports actually do have decent range already. Characters that could really benefit from teleporting across the screen to make up for short range, like Maxi, Talim, or Taki, (unless you count Hover which just goes straight up) aren't given this ability.

Then there's characters like Raph, Yoshi, and Cervy who have a signifcant range advantage over those guys and can teleport; adding salt to the wound. (Algol can space like no one else with his bubbles and he needs a teleport too? Really?)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Eh, I was just chucking out cheap comments I heard. Not really much thought behind them other than basics.

On something actually constructive, my Astaroth matches against Hilde are usually rather unfun to watch, but tense as hell to actually play. That's because we're both trying to work around the other's strengths. Astaroth has the best throw game in SC4, so she has to adapt to that. Of course, if I just go around with throw, that's easily defended against, so we have to constantly play yomi. Even outside of throws, I can see that stuff coming very easily. A good block, or if I'm feeling confident, a GI will definitely do the trick.

Eh, as my sig says. The only way to actually determine is something is a blemish on the game is by its wins. If you think it's too good to have around, yet it's legal, go ahead and play it. If you manage to get a good reputation with it by winning tournaments consistently against good players, you'll have a decent argument.

Wait this make absolutely no sense and contradicts yourself completely based on what you posted on the first page in response to the topic creator.

Lmao!

I would have had to imply that people should care because I'm good at this game like he did.

I was merely saying he's a whiner who should just stfu and play the game

cheap as hell.
So cheap that she makes Chinese Nike sweatshop products look like a Paris Lingerie store.
So cheap that McDonalds sent a study to find out if their $1 Cheeseburger could compete.
Hilde's cheaper than the prostitute who got arrested for giving up that aaayyyyuuussss!!!! for a box of chips.
Hilde is cheaper than the "free shit" category on craigslist.
try Rock against her, you will win.

XD lol i cant stop laughing about this thread really..man..ya playin siegfried as like something uniqe said...he is not that bad agains hilde chan ;)
an yeah dont forget BLOCK XD hahah better advise ..dont get hit löl
no ok im just jokin around,my bad...but seriuosly...ya should enkoy the experience and the next time ya will make it better.(and if not..use the death note)
but i see..there are some people around they dont like you..hmm..i dont know why -.- so dont get the wrong omage of my posts ;)
but anyway..ya should post these things on "anti hilde" thread..there they can help ya(i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back