Hairy axe wound?!...Eat it!!! COMBOS!!!!

Dunno if its already been mentioned:

BT B+K 22[K] (you'll probably have to input sumthing extra to turn round) AB 1[A]B 2A+K Does good dmg. You can do it with just 22[K] too but it'll be harder to land.

Also how is it i've seen people do 22B 28B+G?

The first thing you describe involves teching before 22[K] hits (which is actually guaranteed on the ground if you do it fast enough at most ranges) and they can block low to not be affected by the queak stun. 22B4 is the straight up launcher version of 22B and it allows you to hit 28B+G in most cases. It does less damage by itself than 22B, is worse on block with less pushback and does less damage to the soul guage.

Hey guys just dropping by for some questions, since I'm going through an Asty-love phase that may go permenent. First of all, I know its not practical, but does anyone have a setup for his :(K): attack throw? I play this jerk-son of my mom's friend and he deserves an axe to the nuts. 2nd I've gotten the 66:(K): Possiden Tide Rush combo about 4 times in training mode and was wondering if there's any specific timing? I can get the 33_99 :(K): almost every time I get out the spin, but because he rushes at an angle and chance direction I always have a problem of inserting the slide and get his 9A or something like that. Looks kinda funny =(.

63214B+G 66[K] techtrap 28B+G
Is actually 63214B+G 66[K]6 techtrap 28B+G
The 6 after 66[K] Allows you to turn around faster.

sephalump
66[K] into PT isn't a combo
However 33_99[K] into PT is the only PT combo. it does the same damage as 28B+G

[K] you can only use this after you GI your opponents attack, as a delayed move otherwise it's pretty useless.

Also I would like to add that 63214B+G has 5 ringout options, this is old if you paid attention to my post way back when the game first came out.

Infront
63214B+G 66K close
63214B+G 28B+G far

Sides
63214B+G 33_99K

Back
63214B+G A+G

Oh sorry I didn't know the tackle wasn't a combo, thought I'd read it was. I can now do the posiden tide rush combo without much problem. I like the space it gives you. The :(K): i found out is also good(In my experiance) after a 1a+g. I train my oponent to block 66:K: and 6:K: then switch it up with the axe-to-nuts throw. This is just for looks sake though, in compedative matches I don't plan on using it, but he uses taki and I'm damn tired or her crap...

66[K] > PT does combo. Timing is just really tight unlike 33[K] > PT. I find I have to buffer PT while he is turning around from pressing G. Make sure if you are trying it in practice to have opponent set to not ukemi cause if you do it slow its a tech trap and it can be hard to discern whether you did it correctly or not.

Thank you, I don't mean to ask too much but I'm new to the forums and was wondering how to do that? @.@ Sorry for any annoyance.

Opponent never techs when they are set to "freestyle" unless you change the "ukemi" settings. This is the default when you enter practice mode. Opponent techs backwards when set to "record replay" (I think its called) unless they are in the middle of replaying a recorded command. Obviously set to CPU who knows what they'll do. When set to controller they also wont tech unless you set up another controller and actually input the tech yourself.

Buffering just means inputting something while you are doing something else, for instance inputting a punishing move while recovering from guard stun. The timing to get the PT after 66[K] is extremely tight and while I can't say if its necessary or not, starting to input PT as I turn around helps me alot. The down side is if you start buffering into the turn around too early you get something useless like 4A cause your earlier inputs get eaten.

Buffering just means inputting something while you are doing something else, for instance inputting a punishing move while recovering from guard stun. The timing to get the PT after 66[K] is extremely tight and while I can't say if its necessary or not, starting to input PT as I turn around helps me alot. The down side is if you start buffering into the turn around too early you get something useless like 4A cause your earlier inputs get eaten.

Interesting, now which one is more practical.
66[K]6 28B+K or 66[K] PT...because I use neither I just do 22B after 66[K]?

Also I would like to point out 3A+B being an awesome move, because it SGs in 8 hits, it's -7 on block, on hold it's +2, and it can easily set you up for two of Astaroth's most useful UBs including 3, when it picks up. The opponent has to attack or GI 3. Also it rings out and it might ring you out aswell.

So does anyone have tips on executing some of these semi-difficult combos ? Visual or audio clues ?

63214B+G~33K
CH BT B+K~G~22[K]

Also I saw something interesting from Ramon's Astaroth ... does anyone know how it works ?

66K~wall splat~22[K]

Interesting, now which one is more practical.
66[K]6 28B+K or 66[K] PT...because I use neither I just do 22B after 66[K]?

i prefer to use g rather than 4 (pretty sure its 4 not 6) but 66[K]4 28B+G is more practical in my opinion (but 28B+G whiffs on some characters and so since i cbf remembering who it whiffs on i dont use it). tho in reality 22b is far more practical than both of them.

i dont use 3A+B, so i cant comment but if what you say is right then i probably should be using it.

@foxbot

i imagine that 66K~wall splat~22[K] works the same as 63214B+G~22[k]. but someone with more knowledge will prob post with the correct info, id check but not near my ps3 :)

never seen 63214B+G~33K so i cant comment, i dont see why you dont just use 22[k], 66[K] or 22b tho. but as i said never seen the combo u mentioned so for all i know it could be better

@kingace

ure mising 63214B+G, 66[k], A+G

This is just a tech trap, I'm trying to give back so I'm sorry if its incorrect. 66[K],G, 66[K] tech traps in all dirrections meaning you can do whatever combo you want. It'll keep tech trapping but I dont thing anyone would fall into it more than twice...

Don't know wether this has or not been posted here, but just felt like adding it.

:B::(B)::2::8::B:+:G:

110-115 damage.
Doesn't need to be JF. B isn't really a combo but the second B is needed. You need to have fast fingers to hit this though.

Are there any guaranteed options after a CH 3A? It seems like they always shake before I can get anything off.

No, as with most shakable stuns, there is nothing free. If you think someone will be able to shake out take the opportunity for a throw/mid mix-up instead as its probably the best you'll get.

Anyone have any timing tips for pulling off 666, 28B+K? I've gotten it in training a few times but can't pull it off online.

Do you mean 22_88B~4, 28B+G? You will have to do it earlier than normal (right before Asta's opponent reaches the top of getting tossed up). This also varies depending on you and your opponent's connection.

Back