Halo 4

What's a good mid to long range rifle? I'm thinking about spending my SP on something worth investing in. I want something that's like a Sniper rifle(though I suck at it) yet I could use at mid range. Close range......I'll just melee and run away ^^;

I have never gotten so many assists before 'till this game. It's almost comical like Gotham City Imposters (50 assists in a 6 minute game? Bring it on).

DMR - The greatest thing ever

BR - Pfft.

AR - Very good within it's effective range.

Magnum - Use this over the BR. Seriously.

I'm becoming stronger with the AR now; but damn its hard to use. Halo 4 really does train you to not be a Berserker, even though that's my specialty. Even though I know that, I still Berserk, no matter what. Lol, playing as me, is like playing as the hardest thing to ever play with. I'm a Berserker that charges way too much, I use AR, I excell with melee weapons (Hammer preferably), shotguns, & explosives.

After using the AR countless times, I now know why I am unable to use my Berserking skills at its finest. It's simply because AR is not a berserker's gun type. I was a fool to think it was a berserker's tool. The AR is simply an average warriors tool (Not meant for juggernaut berserkers). It's too bad they don't let me start with one, or else I would be doing really badass. If I could start out with alot more variety of things that wouldn't be considered cheap on the battlefield, I'd start out with Hammer & SAW as secondary.

That's also a reason why probably many people like COD better then Halo. Halo takes more skill, but it doesn't allow you to be your own type. While COD allows you to be your own type, but takes lesser skill. That's facinating intellect I've learned. I'm starting to learn more of Halo's ways that'll help me become stronger as AR user. However, I gotta keep in mind that the AR is not a Berserker type tool to be using. Going on the battlefield as myself (a Berserker) without a the specific tools is like being unprepared every match. That sucks...

Thats why I always go after melee weapons or shotguns whenever I see them. I find it funny & retarded that the bolt shot is like a secondary side arm shotgun, oh well...

pD4Ks.gif

That's also a reason why probably many people like COD better then Halo. Halo takes more skill, it doesn't allow you to be your own type. While COD allows you to be your own type, but takes lesser skill. That's facinating intellect I've learned.

What is this obsession with special snowflake disease that this current generation of gamers has. A game cannot be designed in a way that makes you a special snowflake without being a piece of shit. Games with emergent complexity (i.e. a simple set of rules/tool that can be combined by players to make more complex gameplay ideas) requires proficiency to carve ones own niche. It isn't just "given" to you with shallow RPG elements and number crunching.

Fffffffffffffucking people...

Did you really suggest spawning with the SAW? I have a hard time believing you we're ever good at a Halo game.

Edit: this was kind of rude. Sorry.

What is this obsession with special snowflake disease that this current generation of gamers has. A game cannot be designed in a way that makes you a special snowflake without being a piece of shit. Games with emergent complexity (i.e. a simple set of rules/tool that can be combined by players to make more complex gameplay ideas) requires proficiency to carve ones own niche. It isn't just "given" to you with shallow RPG elements and number crunching.

Did you really suggest spawning with the SAW? I have a hard time believing you we're ever good at a Halo game.

Edit: this was kind of rude. Sorry.
I don't see why not, it's a pretty fair gun if you ask me. Why I think its a far gun is because its deadlyness up close is effective, but as for far range, its a piece of shit which = imo a balance between distances. If this doesn't seem to be a balance between distances I wonder what is? (Also think about the big maps of when distance is a big disadvantage, but not impossible) As for the Hammer, I'd more likely be using that over the Saw, regardless of map or distance. However, I would switch if I find myself in a deadly situation that would force me to switch.

They obviously thought that side arm shotgun was fair (Bolt Shot), I don't see why SAW isn't.

I wish it was, who knows what the popularity of this game would be, no? However, I guess we can't do nothing but help to adapt to types we aren't usually are. As much as I hate not being myself (Berserker), I have no choice. Other then that, the games really damn good. Ever since I regained my hope through various tests & learned some facts.

Fun fact: You aren't a Berserker, you're a 19 year old kid on the internet.
You serious? You obviously have to idea what a true Berserker is. Let me school you with some off topic stuff babe.

As a Legendary Astaroth player, I recommend you as an apprentice of Astaroth to get the feel for all of Astaroth's moves. However, as a shortcut to being sufficiently better, you should rely on his alterantive grapples (The one where you swing the analog stick) & his low grabs. Bull rushes are only a continuation of putting supreme pressure against foes, however, don't use them too often or else you'll end up blocking & playing the guessing game where the advantage is on their favor. Mix it up with :4::A:, :4::B:, :3::K:- :B:, :B:-:b-small::6:, or (my favorite) :(4)::A: charged up in any way I see fit.

Bull Rushes are unique when you know your about to be blocking again. When you know its your enemies turn to strike, start using some meter on those Bullrushes. It'll help get some of that pressure off you while you strike through. If you happen to succeed with the second hit only, quickly use your d-pads to move sideways & press :2::B: or :8::B:. If he's near a wall, use some meter on that side step move. Then grab his ass to annihilate him with :3::K:-:B: + :1: :B:+:B:, :2::A+G:, & :1::A+G:.

What Astaroth provides that not many characters do is bigger reactions on impact. Take advantage over that & use those heavier impact moves to allow you to keep striking continuously with various moves. Even a small impact can lead up to a big one for continous attacks if that smaller impact is a successful hit. Become proficient at that & then you'll soon know that you control meter breaks. Also, you gain more confidence to dealing with pressure. Blocking should be the least of your worries when you have this down.

Lastly you should have some focus on is Astaroths Range. Astaroth is (in my opinion) the best area controller of the battlefield. When you know your enemy is at a great distance, rely on his :1::B:-:K:, :A+B:, & :9::A+B:. The purpose of those moves will decide its own advantage. That will either be more meter breaking damage or successful Hp damage, with continuous long range attacks that will eventually get you close enough to continue the heavy impacts. DO NOT be reckless with these attacks, because if you failed to lead your shot correctly, you will pay a price. Don't let that get you down though, once your proficiency rises up, you'll learn that you won't fail 98% of the time.

As for the start of battle, I like to use my long range attacks on opponets I know who back up in the beginning of a fight online. As for cpu's & online opponets who don't back up, I like to use :4::A: or :(4)::A: for a really good start. If you feel as if you need to back up first, I would use either my long range attacks or my previous start ups that I displayed.

In the middle of a fight, I sometimes switch it up with Astaroth's other bigger reaction attacks. The ones that make you hold your gut or spin you like a ballerina or fly like a threw up baseball for me to smack. These attacks I'd like to recommend to enemy side steppers. :1::K:-:A:, :3::A+B:, & :4::A:.

Astaroth's combos; the only combo you really need to rely on is his wall death combo. Mainly you should focus on controlling meter break attacks & area control attacks with a mix of grapples. If I were you, I'd start raising my proficiency with those methods. Gaining proficiency to rise yourself to the next level in using Astaroth can be raised in two ways. One fast way & one slow way, you don't have a choice but to accept the one thats given to you.

Exp for Proficiency Level-ups
1) Win battles (Slow way)
2) Lose battles (Fast way)

Advice: Don't worry about the whinning complainers who would bitch at you because of too much grappling. Astaroth is meant to be a grappler due to his air grab, alternative grabs, low grabs, lye down grabs, weapon grabs, & flame grabs.

Fun fact: You aren't a Berserker, you're a 19 year old kid on the internet.
I'm not talking about real life. I'm talkin about video game wise. There are types on how one likes to play. I obviously like to be a Berserker. The one who charges in the front lines & destroys.

You serious? You obviously have to idea what a true Berserker is. Let me school you with some off topic stuff babe.

As a Legendary Astaroth player, I recommend you as an apprentice of Astaroth to get the feel for all of Astaroth's moves. However, as a shortcut to being sufficiently better, you should rely on his alterantive grapples (The one where you swing the analog stick) & his low grabs. Bull rushes are only a continuation of putting supreme pressure against foes, however, don't use them too often or else you'll end up blocking & playing the guessing game where the advantage is on their favor. Mix it up with :4::A:, :4::B:, :3::K:- :B:, :B:-:b-small::6:, or (my favorite) :(4)::A: charged up in any way I see fit.

Bull Rushes are unique when you know your about to be blocking again. When you know its your enemies turn to strike, start using some meter on those Bullrushes. It'll help get some of that pressure off you while you strike through. If you happen to succeed with the second hit only, quickly use your d-pads to move sideways & press :2::B: or :8::B:. If he's near a wall, use some meter on that side step move. Then grab his ass to annihilate him with :3::K:-:B: + :1: :B:+:B:, :2::A+G:, & :1::A+G:.

What Astaroth provides that not many characters do is bigger reactions on impact. Take advantage over that & use those heavier impact moves to allow you to keep striking continuously with various moves. Even a small impact can lead up to a big one for continous attacks if that smaller impact is a successful hit. Become proficient at that & then you'll soon know that you control meter breaks. Also, you gain more confidence to dealing with pressure. Blocking should be the least of your worries when you have this down.

Lastly you should have some focus on is Astaroths Range. Astaroth is (in my opinion) the best area controller of the battlefield. When you know your enemy is at a great distance, rely on his :1::B:-:K:, :A+B:, & :9::A+B:. The purpose of those moves will decide its own advantage. That will either be more meter breaking damage or successful Hp damage, with continuous long range attacks that will eventually get you close enough to continue the heavy impacts. DO NOT be reckless with these attacks, because if you failed to lead your shot correctly, you will pay a price. Don't let that get you down though, once your proficiency rises up, you'll learn that you won't fail 98% of the time.

As for the start of battle, I like to use my long range attacks on opponets I know who back up in the beginning of a fight online. As for cpu's & online opponets who don't back up, I like to use :4::A: or :(4)::A: for a really good start. If you feel as if you need to back up first, I would use either my long range attacks or my previous start ups that I displayed.

In the middle of a fight, I sometimes switch it up with Astaroth's other bigger reaction attacks. The ones that make you hold your gut or spin you like a ballerina or fly like a threw up baseball for me to smack. These attacks I'd like to recommend to enemy side steppers. :1::K:-:A:, :3::A+B:, & :4::A:.

Astaroth's combos; the only combo you really need to rely on is his wall death combo. Mainly you should focus on controlling meter break attacks & area control attacks with a mix of grapples. If I were you, I'd start raising my proficiency with those methods. Gaining proficiency to rise yourself to the next level in using Astaroth can be raised in two ways. One fast way & one slow way, you don't have a choice but to accept the one thats given to you.

Exp for Proficiency Level-ups
1) Win battles (Slow way)
2) Lose battles (Fast way)

Advice: Don't worry about the whinning complainers who would bitch at you because of too much grappling. Astaroth is meant to be a grappler due to his air grab, alternative grabs, low grabs, lye down grabs, weapon grabs, & flame grabs.
Damn, you still have that? I might as well copy it myself.

I don't see why not, it's a pretty fair gun if you ask me. Why I think its a far gun is because its deadlyness up close is effective, but as for far range, its a piece of shit which = imo a balance between distances. If this doesn't seem to be a balance between distances I wonder what is? (Also think about the big maps of when distance is a big disadvantage, but not impossible) As for the Hammer, I'd more likely be using that over the Saw, regardless of map or distance. However, I would switch if I find myself in a deadly situation that would force me to switch.

They obviously thought that side arm shotgun was fair (Bolt Shot), I don't see why SAW isn't.

I wish it was, who knows what the popularity of this game would be, no? However, I guess we can't do nothing but help to adapt to types we aren't usually are. As much as I hate not being myself (Berserker), I have no choice. Other then that, the games really damn good. Ever since I regained my hope through various tests & learned some facts.
No. Deadly up close, terrible outside that range aptly describes the AR. SAW whoops every loadout weapon mid range or closer no contest. It would be totally broken.

Boltshot is certainly good for one shot kills but can't be used for twitch kills or for clearing whole rooms like a normal shoty.

No. Deadly up close, terrible outside that range aptly describes the AR. SAW whoops every loadout weapon mid range or closer no contest. It would be totally broken.

Boltshot is certainly good for one shot kills but can't be used for twitch kills or for clearing whole rooms like a normal shoty.
Clearing out rooms your right, but if I was to ever be myself, the Bolt Shotgun would be my weakness. It's not a problem anymore though. I'm getting better at Halo 4, I just hope I can keep it up.

B-b-but...a true Berserker, certainly one of your caliber, cannot easily be stop...let alone by one beta male non-Berserker.

Back