Heaven's Net Casts Wide: Yoshimitsu General Discussion

How is every one pulling off the b:A JF on an arcade stick?
Slide using one finger is the most consistent way. You need to guarantee that the first button isn't being held down when the second one is pressed for these JF slides. I press B with my pointer finger and very quickly pull it to the side and hit B, keeping only a small surface area of contact so that I can't possibly press two buttons at once.

If you are having problems against Yoshi's 3B mixups try using reversal edge after blocking his 3B, It will beat all his offensive options from his flying stance and it will also beat his 3BB (you need to hold it for a little bit to make sure that your RE parrys his flying B)

this does not apply during Yohi's soul charge.

JF b:A is just like old MCF timing. I got a Brooks converter and I use an Xbox Pad cause the slide across the rounded buttons is way better. The XOne d pads aren't poopoo like the 360 ones were either. Worth the investment. Being able to do this consistently makes every CH MCF a 3 hit combo that builds decent meter.

Mcf works as a tech trap to left and right from 6a+b66 and from flea a+b when they hit in standing and in most cases WR AA+B combos after any where on the screen. In Wall combo like 6k,W!,6k,W!,6a+b66,mcf,WRaa+b,DF a+b. If ur in right angle, WRaa+b wallsplats For additional hits For longer combos

Last edited:
JF b:A is just like old MCF timing. I got a Brooks converter and I use an Xbox Pad cause the slide across the rounded buttons is way better. The XOne d pads aren't poopoo like the 360 ones were either. Worth the investment. Being able to do this consistently makes every CH MCF a 3 hit combo that builds decent meter.
I tried this many times and didnt get it, seems that the CC after mcf is rly strict

I tried this many times and didnt get it, seems that the CC after mcf is rly strict

Just as Yoshi's back heel is touching the ground and his foot goes flat is when I input it. Online makes any tight combos sketchy though if that is your issue.

Learned some interesting Yoshi tech after someone pointed something out in the Discord today.

We know that Yoshi has LH 6A, which has a pretty weird requirement in order to be active (you must have stolen your opponent's meter 10 or more times for 6A to LH).

Someone else noticed that BBB seemed to have a JF, because under certain circumstances you get the "blue spark" after hitting LH/CH BBB.

I tested the shit out of this, and figured out that the two are actually connected.

All of our meter steal (MS) moves will gain this "blue spark" if it is the 10th or more time you have hit with one. This list includes moves like:

4B
BBB
66A
b:A / bA
FLE A+B
FLE 66
etc.

All of these moves will gain the "blue spark". You can then "spend" the banked "blue spark" on a 6A LH. Once you've used LH 6A once, your MS moves lose the blue spark (you need to bank up to 10 again), and 6A will no longer LH again until you do.

Interesting stuff!

Has Yoshi gotten a lot more whiffy since the last patch? At times, 66A+B wouldn't connect, even if visually a clear hit. Same with 66A+B2B and A+B (which I think has an even smaller hitbox now?)... Anybody else notice this or is it just me?

Back