Hilde Ban Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one who expects "Hilde Player X" to do that at close range or something?
Sooooo, that's all you have to do then huh? Prepare for C3A at close range and "get out of the way". You're right. Hilde is such a chump.

edit: forgot to thank you for the sweet strats. Thank you.

This is the wrong argument. We're not talking about a 4 second windup here.

And besides that, the same argument could be made for any move in the game. Why do people bother to get hit at all? Every round should be a perfect or a time draw. If you happen to get hit by a move, that's your own fault and you deserve to lose.

As has been said, there's give and take involved. Risk versus rewards. And nobody can be expected to guess right every single time. That's a ridiculous standard to try and balance a game around.

CNP do you even read what i say? XD
lets try this again

i am in no way saying hilde is a bad character, i agree she's an amazing character. but i dont think she's SOOOO good as to even be discussing banning her or anything about her XD

While we're at it, we better take a look at all the other characters. i hear they all have pretty good moves as well. We should ban all of them for being so ridiculous. XD

Of course I read your posts. Do YOU remember what you posted? You sure made it sound easy to avoid her combos. That's all I was mocking.

I never said anything about bans. In fact I said sort of the opposite, which is that I'm starting to pick her up.

Atomic, I don't want to be harsh, but you and your ilk needs to cut down on the TheoryCalibur. This kind of thing happens in every competitive community, but the fact is that people live in the real world; in the real world people get hit by moves and people make mistakes. What's up for debate, maybe, is how hard they deserve to be punished for how small a mistake. It's completely pointless (and by now, redundant) to just declare that people should just not get hit by "X" move, because that's never going to happen.

well we agree on something then XD
lets go get lunch lmao

well i'm sorry if i made it sound like you'd be retarded to get hit. i was commenting on how people in this thread seem to like to compare hilde's combos to the hand of god that cannot be beaten XD

EDIT: to answer you page, i agree completely that people base to much on theory. i am just saying (as i just posted now) that hilde's combos are not going to make the world implode XD. They are very good, but they are not unbeatable.

emmmm.....

can we like close this useless thread o.0... there is nothing wrong with hildie.....the game is fine as it is.... seriously.....she doesn't break anything from the game.... NOTHING...

Give it another year or so and the only characters who will be legal will be Naked Cass and Naked Amy.

Attachments

• second.jpg
    second.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 209
1) amy doesn't break anything from the game either...and

2) this is an hildie ban discussion page(which shouldn't even be discussing)... so please keep our personal topic with "amy" in person or in the amy thread.. thanks^^b

I love the one-dimensional game this Starfish guy and Shadoukun must be playing in their head, where there is only one scenario to be hit by hilde. As though I'm just standing 10 feet away doing nothing, just waiting for her to do it, and I have the choice to either block it, or let go of guard for no reason. So of course I must be stupid to let it hit me when I couldve just blocked!

Nevermind the fact that she couldve ducked a throw, or punished a low, blocked mitsu's 2k,b, sidestepped a move and let that launcher fly! Nevermind the fact that it's safe and can be done as a huge range punisher into 100% combo! None of that could happen! It all comes down to one person, being stupid, and "letting it hit them". Awesome.

You're both terrible at soul calibur.

I love the one-dimensional game this Starfish guy and Shadoukun must be playing in their head, where there is only one scenario to be hit by hilde. As though I'm just standing 10 feet away doing nothing, just waiting for her to do it, and I have the choice to either block it, or let go of guard for no reason. So of course I must be stupid to let it hit me when I couldve just blocked!

Nevermind the fact that she couldve ducked a throw, or punished a low, blocked mitsu's 2k,b, sidestepped a move and let that launcher fly! Nevermind the fact that it's safe and can be done as a huge range punisher into 100% combo! None of that could happen! It all comes down to one person, being stupid, and "letting it hit them". Awesome.

i love how clever you are. tell me did you take this long to think of all that? very poetic.

thankyou, please try again

1) amy doesn't break anything from the game either...and

2) this is an hildie ban discussion page(which shouldn't even be discussing)... so please keep our personal topic with "amy" in person or in the amy thread.. thanks^^b

<3<3<3<3

My <3 message was too short. :/

You're a prime example of someone full of his own opinion. The only fact I saw stated was Hilde's totally broken combo is avoidable and if you let it destroy you it's your own fault now isn't it? Nothing more. You are not stupid for falling for it. It happens. And your negative attitude towards Atomic, Shadou (and soon to be me..) in you're posts just proves your incompetence in this thread.

emmmm.....

can we like close this useless thread o.0... there is nothing wrong with hildie.....the game is fine as it is.... seriously.....she doesn't break anything from the game.... NOTHING...

that's pretty cute coming from you

This is the wrong argument. We're not talking about a 4 second windup here.

And besides that, the same argument could be made for any move in the game. Why do people bother to get hit at all? Every round should be a perfect or a time draw. If you happen to get hit by a move, that's your own fault and you deserve to lose.

As has been said, there's give and take involved. Risk versus rewards. And nobody can be expected to guess right every single time. That's a ridiculous standard to try and balance a game around.

Hilde just happens to have virtually no risk in using charge moves (adv on block) and all the reward in the world when they do hit. I think that's what most people have a problem with IMO; having advantage on a blocked move that would also ring you out OR deal 100 dmg (her doom combo is no joke when it deals to hardcore dmg) when you get hit is an absurd risk-reward scenario. I do see that point at least.

Look at it this way, almost every other character only gets absurd damage when they go for something risky. I know Ivy the best, and I'll use an example from her. Her highest damaging natural combo comes from WP 1B, ending in nearly 100 damage. However, to do that, she needs to first hit with 1B and the move is so easy to step its not even funny AND its disadv on block. The reward is high, but the risk is high as well, if not even higher.

What I'm getting at is what I see to be a good point to even just think about limiting Hilde is her risk-reward ratio is WAY out of proportion. I go back again to C3A as the best example; adv on block, aGI's all A and B mids, TC's, is a mid and will lead to the doom combo even if she hit you jumping.

However, I'm still neutral on banning Hilde per se; since quite frankly, I have no right on voting for that due to my still lack of knowledge of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back