Hilde Ban Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artilust

[10] Knight
I knew she was capable of massive RO combos, but I was always under the impression that they were shakeable.

Last night I seen some of the most ridiculous Hilde shit Id ever seen in my life.

I made a room and a Hilde player consistently did a massive string that carried at LEAST 3/4ths from the middle of a fairly large stage to the edge.

Now I know Regionals have already started in some places and that it might have already been discussed, but a ring out stun combo that goes 10-12 character spaces from the edge of the ring is just pure foolishness. Is this not the same as a 100% combo?

These definitely shouldnt be allowed in tournament play. One mistake from the middle of the ring shouldnt lose you the entire match. This isnt Tekken.

<<<Just seen the full RO combo

Should Hilde Full Ring RO Combos = Banned?

Hilde Doom Combo being strong is pretty old news. Learn her till a patch comes around to nerf it or play Astaroth so they cant send you as far/do as much damage.

I dought there will be anything done until its used in Tournament Play too much...

I don't see people using (maybe once in a blue moon)... And really what fun would it be if all you did was the combo online, and then you would see people picking all non-ring out stages. Its something that will tweeked with a patch anyways if its an issue.

Damn, seriously guys, banning is getting to people's heads. Banning should be a last resort, and so far nothing in the game is worthy of a ban. Nothing is unbeatable or overpowered to the point of it ruining high level play. Hilde can be dealt with, you just need to approach the fight in a unique way (like you would for Yoda and Algol), and with patience. Use her combos against her by stepping her etc. All Hilde players will rely on those charge moves so they can become predictable.

She's top tier but it's not like she's unbeatable. Learn her move properties so you know how to counter them. Then you can come back and complain.

(Coincidently, Hilde and Kilik are the reason we're considering banning the ability to pick See-Saw and Labyrinth. Lol. You can random it. You just can't pick it.)

That combo is hard to start if you're playing someone competent, anyway.

Unfortunately, most Hilde players over-rely on charge moves, so people know to just hang back and force a whiff by stepping. You just need mad patience when playing against Hilde... or anybody else, actually.

So basically you want to ban the ONLY thing hilde can do? Let's face it her game is centred around that juggle. Her non-charged moves are basically just defensive to let her charge those moves. I play a character who can't even interrupt that shit yet I'm pretty confident against good hildes. It just takes a very specific way of fighting. Most characters are equipped with an auto-gi or two which stop specifically mids or verticals or horizontals. Hilde's charge attacks bounce back between horizontals and verticals bam one decent strategy. (Albeit any good hilde player will change that up). Secondly Hilde's charge moves focus on A and B you can consistently grab or scare her into ducking and force her to break throws and lose her charges or eat throw. It's just... very specific.

Um... can we just stop bitching, banning, and whining and just play the game. The more we whine about something being too strong the less time we spend trying to learn to counter it. Its strong yeah, so is a Mitsu mix up, but we aren't gonna ban it cause it is what it is... a tactic. It aint broke so learn to play against it.

^ Didn't wanna sound too offensive but can its hard to convey a point online nicely. (^_^)

I'm not going to read any of these goddamned posts. None of them.

NO, THE ANSWER IS NO.

SHUT UP.

WOW, sorry. YOU LEARN TO DEAL. It's the ONLY REASON she's decent, shut your mouth and STEP C3Bs, block FC C2Bs, BLOCK STEP COUNTER.

All the people I play WATCH FOR THE COMBO. They know the common setups, THEY WATCH THEIR ASSES. Learn how to play against it and DON'T SCREAM FOR BANS.

IBTL. Someone lock this god damned thread, PLEASE. NOW.

(This after I wrote my post about "welcoming newbies"...Sorry, just no. This is not something I'll sit and discuss with people.)

I must also clarify. It's not the ONLY thing she can do. But people eat that shit all day so why not just spam it?

Oh, cool.

Sorry. Just, knee-jerk reaction.

No personal offense intended to anybody.

Doom combo is definetly not ban worthy... Like these dudes had mentioned, you just have to change up your stratedgy when you play someone who uses Hilde properly.

And by properly, I mean ringing you out when you whiff.
Be careful not to whiff, and make damn certain that you punish Hilde when she whiffs.. Learn what moves lead into the doom combo and defend accordingly.

Also, all the charges are like i20...and they give you a nice juicy visual cue when they are coming out. WARBLE THAT SHIZ!

Seriously, I actually have been warbled. >_<

Then I stopped using charge moves and the guy choked. Then I started using them again.

Problem solved.

Seriously though, you'll learn to deal with it. Practice against a great Hilde and you'll learn the combo.

BUT IT'S NOT BAN WORTHY. Let's all stop talking about bans, and just keep Yoda/Bonus/Customs/Infinites on the absolutely-ban list, and let Algol/Vader/SK continue their tumultuous float on the internets.

No. And if you think Warbling that stuff is too hard, I know a player who can reaction auto-GI the charge moves with Vader based on the blue flash they make...

No. And if you think Warbling that stuff is too hard, I know a player who can reaction auto-GI the charge moves with Vader based on the blue flash they make...

It's true, it's not as hard as you might think, and other characters like Amy, Sophitia, Kilik are great for aGIing on reaction to the blue flash.

Good job if you can on reaction gi all of her charges. I of course call BS, but hey if someone can GI on reaction each charge and never get baited more power to you.

My friend can do quite a few of them on reaction. I basically then start using her mixup moves, and he...GIs them on reaction, upon which it's a delayed hit and then he gets his shins cut out from under him.

2A+K, try it against a twitchy GI-reaction-y opponent. Or 2A+B, K. This is SC, where delayed hit moves are good because defense means something.

for twitch I will use kG cancel, it makes her move and it's deceptive for those who try to GI on reaction to movement. This causes me to get a free charge move hit... which makes them more scared to GI. This is just my experience anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back