Hilde Combo discussion

How could it be 160? I confirmed in post #153 that this combo with a c3a 1b finish is 146 dmg (15 hits).

And if you look at the health bar, it barely goes down past half health. A little over half of 240 hp is...120-something dmg

I got 121 damage from 22/88B C2B g x4 into a C1B finisher, so 120-something sounds right from 5 reps of C2B - random clean-hits may alter the result a bit, but not into the 160 range :)

How could it be 160? I confirmed in post #153 that this combo with a c3a 1b finish is 146 dmg (15 hits).

And if you look at the health bar, it barely goes down past half health. A little over half of 240 hp is...120-something dmg
Weird I did 17 hits with just C2B and it was around 168dmg, could u confirm again

I could see that damage coming up with 17 hits and a clean hit here or there. I have never gotten so many hits in, so you'd be the best one to confirm, lol.

lol, I confirmed it was 175dmg, though I didn't check if there were clean hits I was too focused XD

Wow. And air control settings are on, right? How many hits was this and did your sandbag that is your opponent 'drop', or did the combo show signs of being continuable?

Wow. And air control settings are on, right? How many hits was this and did your sandbag that is your opponent 'drop', or did the combo show signs of being continuable?
AC can't do shit, it was 17 and yes, at 17 there is not enough time to do C2B, so it ends with C1B. I think that the reason is cause on each C2B one frame drops so at some point there is not enough time to do C2B, tough I might me wrong, Runis could confirm this better than me.

No need to ban...I informed filtherich of the infinites
Hes gonna inform namco

I take it that Namco listens to its NA, European, and Asian fans about these things? That's great business. But to be more on topic, how's our French and Asian buddies doing with Hilde? Any hyperlinks of importance I should follow?

C2b g c2b is an infinite video coming in about an hour or so....
Oh by the fucking way any ban talk outside of the thread runis made will be deleted
anyone who doesnt goto tournaments is also exclused from said talks
Im not having my main banned again because of scrubs

I am not tourney player, but i eventully plan on going. But thats irrelavent right now. My prob is i play with hilde online and i dont want people to not fight my hilde cause she is only character i have interest in.

Just on a quick check 22b-c2b-c2b-c2b-c2b-c2b 12 hits takes 119.

With practice i think the loop will become controllable, but my whole point is characters have combo's that take this kind of damage meterless. When you mess up the c2B in a match alot of the time you leave yourself open for counter. I really am starting to feel like this was intentional. But c2b into itself for 170 damage is really cheap lol. And c2b is hildes best long range poke hands down. All you gota do is sit long range and wait for opening.

Its something i just started doing, i used to think c2b was only good in combo too. But then i got to thinking. If your spacing out a long range character like astaroth, you dont have anything fast at long range but c2b or c3b. Or even fighting NM, his range is of attacks is longer and faster than most of mine. Upclose i still feel like nm and atsaroth have advantage.So the strat i came up with is make these characters whiff and counter with c2b. I cant count how many time ic someone do something and i cant counter cause im long range(i could use super but you only have so many). And that is anoying cause hilde seems like long range character. So i have been spacing people out and constantly recharging to c2b till they make a mistake. Its very cheezy, but in certian situations it works very well. Of course this is character specific strat.

Vid coming up where I do 12 hits in a match.

You can watch if you want to. You can leave comments behind. lol

Thank you. So you guys really think this will get patched prior to Evo? My guess is this stays till post Evo. I don't think they have the funding for another patch. But sure.

Even if it stays till Evo, chances are that organizers will soft ban the loop to the point where only X number of reps may be done where X may be anywhere from zero to death.

Even if it stays till Evo, chances are that organizers will soft ban the loop to the point where only X number of reps may be done where X may be anywhere from zero to death.

I really hate soft bans for majors. I mean, yeah, you can judge it, but if you don't have independent judges for all the Hilde matches, it's hard to keep track of in game.

Logistically, I think the only options are to either ban Hilde, or risk that the finals becomes a game of 'who lands the loop better'. I'd lean towards the latter, but we'll see how this all plays out.

Back