Hilde Guide & Strategy Discussion

Question: I do not play Hilde, but i keep hearing about/seeing/getting raped by this Doom combo. What is the input? Just curious to play around with it myself.

Thanks

Just started playing Hilde and this thread / guide has been tremendously helpful. Wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed.

Im finding that I have to severely adjust my timing on C3b, 44k, c2bb, etc.. combo online vs offline. I REALLY notice the timing difference online. next I'm working on implimenting her tech traps and setups for C3b as my friends now play alot more defensively waiting for me to hit C3b on their guard. (which i know i need to not be doing lol)

so far Hilde is a blast! to play and I'm having a ton of fun learning to play her with the charges... anyway. wanted to say thanks for all the assistance and contributions.

going to play alot this weekend and I'll see if I can come up with anything to post soon.

It's great that you notice the difference between online and offline timing. Don't sweat it too much if you can't hit all your combos online, especially with regards to hit confirmation. If you ever enter a tourney, make sure to maximise your offline time and minimise your time online so that you don't get caught out timing-wise.

Hi well I'm new here, but I love Hilde The Ring-Out Queen Most ppl call her,but I'm no noob with her either my only Prob is Her 30sec ! Attack I hold it for 30!(both ! attacks), but she executes none and Yes I have set X,Y to LT,RT

the unblockable charges require exactly 30 seconds to execute, but the kicker is that the charge timer doesn't start until 1 second after the round starts (ie you have to wait until a 60 count timer gets to 29 before you can use the UB)

Charge lvl 3

Wiki says its 3.5 seconds

First post says 4 full seconds

T_T im confused.

It's 3.5 seconds the wiki is right once you get the doom combo down in practice the combo will come easy too you timing etc. For landing on amy it's a different timing though but still easy.

How do you deal with Rush Down characters?
I know the goal is to space well but, when you space they keep side stepping my charge Bs. and my charge As aren't long enough to reach.

I use 7K, 1B, 44K tons to space.

Maxi is unbeatable Panda, there is NO WAY TO STOP HIM!!! Mwhahahaha!!!

But if you really wanna know what you should do against Maxi, its probably better to focus on landing more charged WS A combos.

I know the goal is to space well but, when you space they keep side stepping my charge Bs. and my charge As aren't long enough to reach.

When they sidestep hit them wit charge A that counters sidesteping. As far as amy & talim go i'm still trying figure that one out lol i have an tough time wit good amys using hilde. Some hilde players say you have too fightb rushdown char without using charges which is tough.

Use 4B+K, it's fast and gives you tons of space.

AA is fast, 6A+K is faster at i12. 2A is i13.
4B+K is i17 but has decent range.
what you really want to be doing is step guarding around them and making them whiff. if they're coming in close either aGI them with C3A or stop charging A's and interrupt them with her fast A moves.

AA is fast, 6A+K is faster at i12. 2A is i13.
4B+K is i17 but has decent range.
what you really want to be doing is step guarding around them and making them whiff. if they're coming in close either aGI them with C3A or stop charging A's and interrupt them with her fast A moves.

True, true. =D

Ok, after having read this entire soul arena, I had a few questions and thoughts that hopefully someone can comment on.

Why has no one mentioned A+K? I <3 this move. It TJ's, hits mid for 26, covers step in all directions at range (only left at point blank), and its only -6 frames on block... It's a bit slow (i26), but it is my go to TJ when I'm not looking to space.

I'm having issues with appropriate follow ups to C2A. Unlike C2B and C3A, the space C2A makes is so large it requires a step in to land almost all of her lows/throws. Right now, I'm using a 2 part mix-up. I either step into throw range and throw/C2_3B/3A/low mix-up, or I do a quick 4_1_7 to bait an interrupt wiff or step for C3_2B. This has been mentioned before, but I just wanted to know if anyone had better options.

Another issues I have is C3A doom combo vs C3A, 4A+B. I find myself doing the later very often and I see it very rarely in anyone else. The reason is I often find myself releasing C3A while dealing with pressure due to its amazing defensive properties and such, and often I still have C3B charged. I think in this situation it would be a bad idea to G-cancel the B charge because it will waste time both releasing it, and waiting the extra split second for B to charge enough to land C2B,B in combo. It just seems easier to go for C3A, 4A+B. Also, at range, I like to mix-up stepping into throw range with C2_3A/throws/lows and stepping forward, then back stepping and wiff punishing with C2_3B. In a situation like this, charge dumping is fairly easy to spot (bG seems to be her only cancel where she doesn't yell so kG isn't a good bluff if your opponent has realized that, and G-canceling is obvious because I don't think anyone A charge cancels. Please let me know if I'm wrong.) and it wastes time and can result in a lost offensive opportunity. If I cancel, I no longer have the step in step out and wiff punish option, and I'm stuck committing to closing the distance or forgoing the opportunity to attack in order to recharge.

I decided that it would be a good idea to practice Hilde without charges for a bit to get a better grasp of 0 charge options (this has something to do with why I <3 A+K so much). What I noticed more than anything is that she has a god damn ton of useful lows @_@ and without the burden of holding charges, it was kind of hard to choose between them sometimes >_< so I'm going to list her lows and list when I feel they should be used, and hopefully someone will tell me I'm wrong and correct me lol

33B-- I use this occasionally when opponents don't fall for C2BB trap, and I guess its good to finish a round from range with lol
1B-- I like to lead with step in, 1B occasionally, it surprises people and catches them wiffing (short range characters only lol). Other than that I use it as a spacing tool...so does everyone else lol
2A+K-- If your opponent is bad at blocking this on reaction (it's safe, so always try it at some point)...do it and do it a lot (and try to ring them out with it)... Then play someone better >.< I also love the TC and small back step properties of this move. It is surprisingly evasive against short range characters.
11K-- Safe, really nice TC, SS coverage, and decent range, but mostly I use it to preserve charges. Writing it here, I feel like I should be using it more, but for some reason I'm not (probably because it's already a bit slow, and the 11 input doesn't help).
1A-- I use this a lot actually. It's fast, hard to see coming, TC pretty well, and it get's you some free damage here and there. Also, it is very punishable, which can be a good thing, because while the damage may not be enough to force a twitch crouch, the promise of punishing you may, so look to set greedy people up like this =)
1K,K-- Use when at priority and you think they will either try to interrupt or block high. I'm pretty bad at hit confirming this though...
2A+B-- I would say the exact same about this as 2A+K except you need to be closer and you are very vulnerable to being interrupted. I usually follow with 2B+K and not K unless it will ring out, or I see them stepping it (then you can g-cancel it and hopefully avoid pain). Is 2B+K follow up guaranteed???
2B+K-- I feel like this is to 2A+B as 1A is to 2A+K. I use it if I'm close and they are good at reaction blocking 2A+B or I think they will interrupt. I don't think it's as good at baiting greedy punishers as 1A though...not sure why lol.
2K-- I should use it more but I don't. I just use it to chip away that final bit of hp lol. It is definitely a great fast TC...it's just the range limitations make me pick 1A more times than not.

I know these moves have been discussed, but I was just hoping for feedback on some of my thoughts that haven’t been mentioned.

Finally... Why does my CAS version of her have worse timing issues on C3A in doom combos than the real Hilde, and why does she wiff the last A of FC C3BBA on everyone... GRRRRR... I have tried everything... Male/Female CAS, adjusting physique/muscularity, switching weapons...nothing works... I hate looking at Hilde... I have a thing against moles...lol

Nevermind him, Deo; someone will probably be here to help you...after they read all of that. I don't play Hilde, sorry.

What are some good moves to use, when not using a charge? Good punishers? And another question, is the key to mastering Hilde using her Releases during most of the battle, or mixing them in with her regular moveset?

Back