Hilde pre-release discussion and video thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually never understood the button binding issue, but that's fixed for SCV apparently, so I couldn't care less.

Being mid means that you can't duck under it with evasive moves. Most decent ranged horizontal attacks are high, so even though they track sidestep, they can be ducked under. Hilde's Charge A moves track step (for the most part), and are mid so they can't be ducked under (in most cases), so it's very hard to get around them.

She's basically the only character in SCIV that has fast, mid, horizontal attacks that are safe on block.

Keep the discussion on SC5 please, I don't want this thread to turn into more ban talk. That is behind us now, let's move on and be happy that she will be playable again.

Will do. On the contrary, in SCV, Charge lvl 2 A attack is always going to be a two-hit attack. This is a nerf because good players can learn to Just Guard or Guard Impact the second hit of C2A on reaction, allowing for retaliation. So C2A is less powerful against a block. I think the same goes for her C2B.

From what I see now, Hilde seems like she's going to be fairly linear at long range, but she's going to be really powerful if she can control the game from that range. She's got a lot of guard break attacks using her spear, and she still has a lot of her good short range options with her sword. I'm going to be messing around with her once SCV comes out, but it'll be weird not charging A and B all the time.

Although this is not the final release of the game and it was my first time playing SC5, I think that it will still be helpful if I post my pre-release opinion of her.

But first, if someone has the video of the NEC 12 SCV exibition of me playing Hilde vs Ramon's Pyrra, it should be posted. In this video, you will see her new style along with her strengths and weaknesses.

positives
charge moves inflict much more damage.
C2AA seemed to track 100 percent.
C2AA and her grab mix up is stronger than ever.
charge moves have more push back. this means that in the right hands, a Hilde player can spam back dashing and charge attacks.
her normal attacks are better according to Daishi's translater, Yoshi.
she can charge A+B, which is a really good move according to Daishi's translator, Yoshi.
command grab and 22b link into critical edge(CE).
her artwork and style are much more aesthetic and appealing.
i want to say that C2AA and even her charge attacks have more range.
charge moves take less time to charge. that's a huge buff.

negatives
no longer the ring out queen.
no more doom combo, however, she has other ways to get high damage.
you can't do normals or even throws while charging attacks. ouch. i even wonder if you can break throws while charging attacks.
charge attacks definitely have a small window of GI frames, if any. I couldn't GI one move with any charges during those matches.
i don't know if this goes for everyone, but Hilde's CE doesn't appear to have any start up invincibility frames. Ramon hit me out of hit every time.
you can gi/auto gi the 2nd hit of her charges. Ramon shut my charge game down completely with Pyrra's Gis by countering the 2nd hit of my C2AA/C1BB on block. i would expect another charge move that i could do to mix things up. if not, then ouch.

summary
Hilde will need to be played with more diversity with a mix of charge and normal moves.
This is because her normals are better and you no longer have an option to do moves while charging.
Hilde also hits harder now and she can zone better with the new game mechanics. I really think that these aspects are her biggest strengths now.
Her low game still seems to be weak, so her main mix up game will be a mix of throws and charge moves. That option was really strong in SC4 because of the ring out aspect, doom combo and the ability to throw while charging. However, in this game, since those aspects where taken away from Hilde, that mix up will be less effective and practical.
Also, characters with auto gis like Pyrra seem really strong against Hilde because they can block her charge moves and just respond with an auto gi for guaranteed damage without using meter, thereby essentially shutting her charge game down.

Yeah her new c1a/c2a are 1 hit moves so im guessing those will the poke charges. c3a is 2 hits even on block with no agi so i'm super scared about throwing that out. I guess they just don't want people whoring it without a care in the world. I got a lot from watching you play though, I have a general idea of how I'll want to play at SCR when the time comes.

If C1a or C2a give + on guard that will make me real happy.

Quite a lot of Hilde play during the Daishi interview. Thanks guys for choosing her a lot during this! It's computer play but it has some pretty good stuff.

!

0:00 Hilde match in progress
2:37 22b is a tech crouch? I think its 22b
2:59 6[A+B] CE
3:39 quick poke ch? into 66k?
5:00 end

18:52 Hilde match starts
19:03 11a (old notation)2B+K combo
21:46 end

Overall it seems like they don't want you using B charges outside of combos for the most part. C1a seems like a pretty good move as well.

Quite a lot of Hilde play during the Daishi interview. Thanks guys for choosing her a lot during this! It's computer play but it has some pretty good stuff.
0:00 Hilde match in progress
2:37 22b is a tech crouch? I think its 22b
2:59 6[A+B] CE
3:39 quick poke ch? into 66k?
5:00 end

18:52 Hilde match starts
19:03 11a (old notation)2B+K combo
21:46 end

Overall it seems like they don't want you using B charges outside of combos for the most part. C1a seems like a pretty good move as well.

Ceirnian,
yes, that tech crouch move is 22b. From the vids, it looks like the move she does at 21:07 is her most effective combo starter.

Her staple combos look like some type of stun hit([A+B], 22B, or the move at 21:07) and then C1BB and then C2AA; If that's the input that is.
at 20:25, there is an an example of this combo.

I forgot to mention that Hilde is much funner now!

It's c2bb and c3aa but the 2nd hit automatically comes out so just c2b c3a.

Yeah she seems like she will be a lot of fun, charge management will be more difficult for sure. I'm really happy that 22b is a tech crouch. I love me some tech crouch combo starters to deal with people using aa and throws to stop step. The fact that I won't have to charging B much makes it so I can finally FINALLY take advantage of 6bbb. That move is so good but in SC4 there was no reason to use it for the most part. With charges faster I don't even think I'll need to buffer charge A's very much since the pokes are c1 and c2. Stuff like 2a c1a/c2a should be pretty viable with charges times the way they are.

I just hope SCR has a decent amount of setups and it's not just 1 setup in a corner.

[edit] Do you know the notation for her old 2B+K move?

Just gotta say that, though I know, like...ZERO attacks in SC5, I'm in love with SC5 Hilde. Her movement is still a lil' better than some of the other characters (wish you all could've seen how many backthrows I was getting with her). I played a chargeless Hilde for like 2 weeks when SC4 first came out so I'm loving the new emphasis on her pokes. Hilde actually feels like a character who you're going to have to put much thought into; there probably won't be many carbon-copy Hilde's during the first couple of months of the game's release.

Definitely picking her up as my secondary just because she (along with A LOT) of the cast is just so much damn fun! Going to movement like that after SC4 Sets...all I can say is watch the fuck out!

7:38 for her new taunt.

Seeing so many 22b's hit with no followup made me sad, but this was back in october and the game isn't even out yet.

Hilde SC4 2B+K IS now 1B. For sure! Unsafe.

2B+K is now a low from far range which make your oponent fall. Really unsafe and linear althougth. Seems like the SC4 33B.

RTD, in the "recent version" (Ezio, Raph, Viola) the time for charging is back to near the normal time in SC4. Too bad! It really sucks!

Relevant to the C3A/Throw mix-up, it's less powerfull than in SC4 unless you have enougth gauge for comand throw and CE.

Runis, thanks for the actual 11A. I was looking for 2A+K.

i had alot of un playing an opponent using hilde. i learned a few things form her.

She is not so strong on tracking on her right side with her lance. only a low advancing poke and a BE have tracked so far.

Her charge damage is still pretty nice.

she can guard burst you in like the first 2 rounds. she has nice keep away too because of this.

Her BE throw (Sc4 64B+G) then a CE is a combo. so messed up. The BE throw has a smaller window to break. The BE color is more of an indicator

Guard Bursts also have a new animation, its a weird x ray background thing

Ok here is what I found during my trip.

-22B c2b c3a - you have to press guard before you do the c3a, odd timing at first.

-2B+K is now what old 33b was, it knocks down on normal hit. It's range is pretty nice and gives at least some kind of reason for people to duck at range.

-66A+B = ninja flip stab. advantage on block, I liked using it to break guards. Hits OTG

-3A c2bb c3a seems to work, odd timing so I'm not 100% but it worked every so often. 3a must be CH or charged in order to get the launcher after. GI on 3a is solid, sometimes knocks them out of range though.

-66B is the fast high poke she does with spear, causes stun on normal hit (can follow up with 66k or hit them on ground). If you use 66b BE it does 2 hits, 2nd gives lots of advantage on block. On hit you get 66A+B after for combo.

-I didn't test air hit c1a or c2b because I just didn't really know how to make it happen during a combo. need more time on that

-8k is slower and doesn't knock down anymore, not even on CH. It still hits high and 9k doesn't make you retreat like at all.

-11b = old 1b, the hop back low poke

-[A+B] is amazing. It stops step extremely well, leads into combo and gives advantage on block. It can be stepped etc, but if you dont charge it the 2nd hit comes out fast and I think it's either safe or just pushes back far enough to be safe vs some people. Love it

-c1a and c2a as pokes are good, I don't think they give advantage on block though but this isn't confirmed, just how it felt.

-22b tech crouch is sexy, range isn't quite as far as I thought it would be but its still great.

-6bbb is still ncc and is a great poke. Hell bb alone is still a solid zoning tool

-4a (old 6A+K) still has kinda shit range, no idea on frames but i'm sure it will have some uses.

- BE throw into CE deals a shit load of damage. BE throw wall splat doesn't do shit anymore, no followup. Movelist did not show a followup command and when I used it they just fell to the ground while I stood there like a tard. On the plus side BE throw does ring out, which means that when you are at the edge you have a way to ringout with an A throw (BE) B throw and Mid (combo into c2b, or a plain c2b).

-Quickstep is nice but hard to adjust to. Normal steps seem to get you counter hit a lot. Old style of movement while useful at times will need to be reworked big time, I need way more than 2 days for that kind of fundamental adjustment.

All in all I found that not having anything charged for most of the time to be way better than trying to keep A charged up. She is incredibly fun to play, I look forward to maining her in SC5.

Thank you everyone who provided info in previous builds. Without all of the contributions over the last few months I would have walked into SCR blind

6BBB seems faster now, though that might be the game speed. I'm really impressed that Hilde seems to have a better flow now. Does it seem like she has more tools that she can use and flow into charges as compared to SC4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back