Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

My advice would be use who ever you enjoy the most.i started with sc2 and used mitsu, same as sc3, when sc4 came out i started using hilde. I used hilde in sc4 day 1, and day 1 i was saying hilde is top tier. Sc5 i feel like at the highest level she is high tier'd. If you can JG or GI people you can get 130-140 combo's with 1 bar. Her movement is awsome, i honestly feel like her movement is better than mitsu's. She just has huge learning curve.

My advice would be use who ever you enjoy the most.i started with sc2 and used mitsu, same as sc3, when sc4 came out i started using hilde. I used hilde in sc4 day 1, and day 1 i was saying hilde is top tier. Sc5 i feel like at the highest level she is high tier'd. If you can JG or GI people you can get 130-140 combo's with 1 bar. Her movement is awsome, i honestly feel like her movement is better than mitsu's. She just has huge learning curve.
So she depends on punishment and her punishment depends on knowledge. Knowing every character so u can JG and punish. If thats the case I wont learn her

She revolves around how well you can dodge. She doesn't have mix-ups. At worst you'll have to know all of her frames so that you know when you can throw out a slow GB type move like 66A+B or 22B without worrying about them stepping too much (since you'll show them that you're at advantage.)

She is incredibly strong if you know what moves your enemy is -16 or worse since that is the speed of her CE. Of course knowing everything is better, but if you write out a list of moves you can punish(Like I'm doing) you can quick reference it before a match/between rounds and then punish them for doing stupid things much better. She isn't inherently a Punish character, but her CE is just far too good not to use as a punisher.
Knowledge is power, "If you know yourself and know your enemy, in 100 battles you will never lose" - Sun Tzu

I think a Guard break might let you land a C4B, but I'm not 100% sure.
Still C4B W! C1A W! [A+B] C2A CE does 243 damage without a clean hit, but tbh C4A is just so much more usable. If C4B was 10-15 frames faster, it would be far too good.

So she depends on punishment and her punishment depends on knowledge. Knowing every character so u can JG and punish. If thats the case I wont learn her

LOL, thats every character at a high level. Like i said i would just play who you have most fun using.

I think a Guard break might let you land a C4B, but I'm not 100% sure.
Still C4B W! C1A W! [A+B] C2A CE does 243 damage without a clean hit, but tbh C4A is just so much more usable. If C4B was 10-15 frames faster, it would be far too good.
Not only would it be far too good, but all of us would be making that face in your avatar.

I find that if your opponent can JG [A+B] I start training them on A+B (uncharged), also I find it useful to rush down with her close range for a while

2A
22A (followed by C1A)

Get the opponent used to being rushed down, then once they start fighting to that tactic go for the whiff punishment again.

22B
And telegraphed antistep [A+B]

I have won many matches without ever connecting any of her BnB combos, she may not be Pyrrha O for up close combat but she can hold her own.

In my oppinion she is a mid/mid tier character, she has awesome damage from punishing whiffs and step, she can punish almost anything blocked with CE (and 2A+B to a lesser degree) her guard damage is sexual and with her back to the ring she is probably the most dangerous character in the game..

3a
B+G
BE A+G

She is not my main but in time she probably will be lol

Tech Trap + mixup: 44A then grab
it works post 2A+B quite well

ie. c2A 2A+B 44A grab

Used to be a personal favourite of mine in SC4 except it was 3A back in the day. My go to move for players who rushdown, could be linked with 64B+K (think it was b+k anyway) to do her reverse throw. Absolutely lethal if your back was to a wall, now its a BE attack thats easily broken and it no longer has the wall throw damage when your back was to a wall. :(

Hilde what have they done to you. *sob*

22aa is a weakness in my eyes, great for countering step but outside of that if the first hit is blocked the second hit can be ducked and leaves you wide open for punishment. It doesn't help with the fact they took away her 22ab which allowed her to mixup.

You'll only really see this when you play against other Hilde players, fortunately no one knows her that well at the moment due to her learning curve so against randoms its somewhat safe.

22A is safe at -8. 22AA is neutral. on hit 22A is +4 and 22AA is +11 with them BT. You shouldn't be throwing out 22AA all the time and instead should be using straight 22A and use the 22AA sparingly as a "You know I got this too right?" since although 22A is -8, you should be able to still pressure people since the threat of the 2nd A is still there.

22A is safe at -8. 22AA is neutral. on hit 22A is +4 and 22AA is +11 with them BT. You shouldn't be throwing out 22AA all the time and instead should be using straight 22A and use the 22AA sparingly as a "You know I got this too right?" since although 22A is -8, you should be able to still pressure people since the threat of the 2nd A is still there.
^Agreed, that move is definitely to advantages to completely remove from our arsenal, plus if you hold a you can use a charge on counter, seeing as many don't see that coming. On another note I personally like the free GI from 3A and its forms, any ideas in fitting this move into a strong game, and it's timing (holding it, etc)?

Yeah 22A is tricky because unless the enemy knows to duck, it's a very good move on block. The duck at the beginning frames of it is pretty useful too so it's a good way to (sort of) tech crouch and counter hit your opponent.

I haven't figured out a way to use 3A effectively yet. If any one has more info on that let me know because I never seem to counter with it. Technically, since its an aGI mid, it should be an excellent pressure breaker.

I've been messing around with Hilde for a while now though Algol is my main. There's no info on wich fames 3A GI's mids on unlike Algol's 623B that counters L+M from 4-14 wich in turn is godlike. I really want to implement 3A more into my Hilde game since Algol's auto-gi have given my game a real edge both defensivly and on the offense. I find aGI moves VERY good to use after moves that are neutral up to -8F. Though when playing Hilde, and not knowing wich frames the aGI I'm left with just throwing out 4AA or 5AA to get people of me after let's say a 66K.

I also feel that when playing as Hilde knowing your opponents strings and frames is very important since yeah... I don't know any really great fast punishing move that leads into substantial damage besides maybe c3A and that's still i18. I tend to loose the most when people are going "!"#% this guy, I'm going in and just gonna press all my fast buttons".

On another note I personally like the free GI from 3A and its forms, any ideas in fitting this move into a strong game, and it's timing (holding it, etc)?

Works for me on wake up after knocking someone down. Fully charged it can be followed with C1A on block which catches a lot of players off guard or C2B if it connects. Test the waters first, see if your opponent mashes or grabs on wakeup, if they do it will more often than not be countered.

Works for me on wake up after knocking someone down. Fully charged it can be followed with C1A on block which catches a lot of players off guard or C2B if it connects. Test the waters first, see if your opponent mashes or grabs on wakeup, if they do it will more often than not be countered.
Wake up pressure, humm why didn't I think of that!? good shit dude I'll apply it to my game play

3A is excellent if you can CH with it but since its so slow, often you have to get some frame advantage on it or run counter.
3[A] is excellent if you have the match-up knowledge to know what you can and can't aGI mid string.
eg. Hilde vs Hilde - 3[A] will aGI the second hit of C3A, C2B and C3B. When it aGI's the full charge is guaranteed which means so is the launch.

Back