Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

There's one thing that generally irks me about Hilde; they added buffering on the charge moves, so there's too many times I hold-G-quick-release-A to drop a charge (since C3A is GI/JG/BLURG) and the stupid move comes out! GRR

The rest of it for me is just practice.

There's one thing that generally irks me about Hilde; they added buffering on the charge moves, so there's too many times I hold-G-quick-release-A to drop a charge (since C3A is GI/JG/BLURG) and the stupid move comes out! GRR

The rest of it for me is just practice.

Interesting. I can only speak from a SCV pre-patch perspective, but I haven't had problems with that when I "roll" my fingers.
What I mean is that on an arcade stick (if you don't have one, pretend Shift is Guard and Enter is Horizontal attack), with my thumb resting on Shift and index finger on Enter, I would press shift then (hold) enter by rolling my right wrist upward; this is to charge. To drop the charge I roll my wrist back, releasing every button. *Can hide the guard animation by doing it during a Side-Step or Quick-Step*

From what you described, it seems you do that as well. If not, how does that trick work?

I charge while guarding, so if an opponent backs me into a corner, or I'm just guarding, I tap guard quickly and start holding A/B, although as it's been stated before empty B charges aren't very good (easily steppable, predictable) outside of combos. At least C1A and C2A are some tools she has for breaking pressure; kills step, close range, hits mid, safe on block...but C3A is so goddamned horrible outside of combos (second hit always comes out, easily GI/JGed) that I want to just drop my A charge if it's been too long.

I use the stick, holding G and A, guarding and storing my charge. I need to step and move around, so I let go of G and move around. Against a safe opponent, I can't get them to whiff, so C3A is worthless to me. I quickly tap-hold G, immediately let go of A, immediately let go of G. Instead of returning to a neutral state, the C3A comes out. I think it's from a change in the patch notes that talked about how they "altered move buffering" from some state or another. I thought they'd fixed the problem; they might have made it worse. =(

C3A should be C3AA with the first A being -11.
The fact that you don't have to go through with it means that aGI moves can't be thrown out for free.
Actually, the fact that all of her Charges automatically do two hits is kinda stupid, they were separate inputs for 4 and I don't think anyone ever messed them up if they wanted it to come out.

AM I JUST RETARDED? DID EVERYONE KNOW YOU CAN'T DROP CHARGES WHILE CROUCHING AND GUARDING AND MOVES COME OUT INSTEAD

===

Okay, I know my issue. I can't drop charges while crouch guarding. I don't know if it was from this "mystical 1.03" patch that may or may not have autoupdated while I was sleeping, but I digress. I now know why I keep throwing out god damned random charge moves. AKA; I feel fucking retarded.

AM I JUST RETARDED? DID EVERYONE KNOW YOU CAN'T DROP CHARGES WHILE CROUCHING AND GUARDING AND MOVES COME OUT INSTEAD

===

Okay, I know my issue. I can't drop charges while crouch guarding. I don't know if it was from this "mystical 1.03" patch that may or may not have autoupdated while I was sleeping, but I digress. I now know why I keep throwing out god damned random charge moves. AKA; I feel fucking retarded.

What the hell? That's interesting... No... that's... bizarre. Good find, though I'm gonna have to test that out myself.

Hey guys! I'm very confused with this character. I see several combos require you to do level 2 and 3 charges one after another, and with no time to charge. For example, 3(A) c3A. How do you do these things?

Hey guys! I'm very confused with this character. I see several combos require you to do level 2 and 3 charges one after another, and with no time to charge. For example, 3(A) c3A. How do you do these things?
cause is not 3[A] C3A, is 3[A] C2B C3A, so basically after the 3[A] u start charging A, is actually quite easy.

Anyone else think there is extra risk in charging after anything that isnt + on block?

Heres what a realized about charging post 3BA 66B ECT
you are basically giving them a free throw punish, think about it

you can't break throws while charging
I will most likely not bother charging post 3BA unless I know it will hit because people will forgo ducking and WR B punishing for 20ish damage and will just B throw me for 50 if I charge.

another reason not to rely too heavily on charges

I don't like 3BA outside of combo or punish, and if its a punish its 3BE.
Only time I ever will is if I run at someone at ring edge and then mix it up with 3B instead of slide.

So what is your go to mid if you know you can force a real mixup situation? 88B? Everyone I play with can reaction Block, if not JD that =(. I guess C2A? Though I have a bit of trouble keeping up the charge to the right level. A+B is punishable IIRC, I guess 3B is as well, though you can sorta force the A/B mixup, and B is only -14. Anything I'm missing? 66(A+B) is i29, so easily re actionable.

In fact, now that I think about it, that's a big problem with my Hilde mixup. Her mid option isn't so scary as to force someone to want to really stand as their basic option, at least I don't know what she uses to make it so.

Oh yeah, other question, if you block a low, what is her best way to do damage back? I know it depends on how - they are after the low, but in general, WR K? FC A? Or some buffer that allows for an instant standing attack?

My usual go to mixup is running Slide K and C1A.
As for Block punishment. If you block a low, your most damaging punish for i14-15 is WR K. i16 or more is CE.
Depending on your skill level, if it's -20 or worse, 3BE into Winfinite combo.
Hilde actually lacks scary lows. Her nastiest low is 4KK but that's so bad normally its not even worth throwing out.

Yeah, but throws in SC help a weak low game at least. 30 ish damage taking into account breaks and damage isn't all that bad. So C1/2 A is the way to go? I figured as much.

Agreed, but it's not good if you can put someone in a strong mixup situation, rewards aren't high enough.

What's the best way to use 66a+b? I've been playing around with Hilde for a day or two and I've just realized this move seems to have zero tracking. And as for her C2B loop, what would you guys recommend as the most comfortable/practical amount of reps?

What's the best way to use 66a+b? I've been playing around with Hilde for a day or two and I've just realized this move seems to have zero tracking. And as for her C2B loop, what would you guys recommend as the most comfortable/practical amount of reps?

As a noob of Hilde, it combos after 3BA most times. But this move is so cool looking and just gives the feeling of enjoying crushing dat guard.......until they Just guard it.....*pouts*

Back