Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

QUESTION:

i cant perform her loop combos (dont know why but i just cant seem to time it) do i need to spend the time tring to learn it or is she perfectly playable without her C2B G C2B_3B(BE) loops. she seems good without it.

should i learn it? is it frowned upon? should i just learn to use her without the aid of the "Death loops"

Can you please elaborate on how to do this combo timing wise? i cannont seem to catch them with the G C2B!

Well, everyone is messing up these loops on 2nd or 3rd iteration. Just go for C3A ender after first C2B and you're still good.

Whats the consensus about preferred button setups for hilde? Is she playable without mapping A/B to a shoulder?
I dont play hilde very much but if i do, i have a specific controller setup just for her because i cant use her with the standard setup.

The thing is i play EM quite a lot (as weird as that may sound) and always get screwed if hildes style pops up because of that.

Whats the consensus about preferred button setups for hilde? Is she playable without mapping A/B to a shoulder?
I dont play hilde very much but if i do, i have a specific controller setup just for her because i cant use her with the standard setup.

The thing is i play EM quite a lot (as weird as that may sound) and always get screwed if hildes style pops up because of that.
I use default facebuttons
my back are
LI- B+G
R1- A+K+B
L2- B+K
R2- don't care

The problem i have with this, is about her charges. If i am charging with a shoulder button that has more than just A or B set to it, it also prevents me from using other stuff. Like if i am using a shoulder with B+K set to it to charge B, it also prevents me from using K.

If i am using the frontpad buttons to charge, then everything else gets overly complicated since i only have one thumb and i would have to use shoulder buttons to compensate.

I use this scheme:
Face buttons - standard
L1 - K R1 - B
L2 - G R2 - A+B+K
I constructed this one for Hilde only but now I use this scheme for all characters, feels so neat.

I use this button scheme-
A stick.

I have an idea of how to make the death loop much easier. Next time
I hve the game I will let you know what I find.

I use this button scheme-
A stick.

I have an idea of how to make the death loop much easier. Next time
I hve the game I will let you know what I find.

It amuses me that I've hit the loop more times online than off -_-

Also, wanted to ask how one makes use of B+K? I've no idea how and where to use this move. Can't for the life of me get C2B G B+K, and using it for another other than an AT after a launch feels...wrong. I think it's relatively safe on block? Haven't taken a good look at the frame data for Hilde yet. And does anyone else find themselves favouring C2A/C2B over their C3 variants?

Hey all!
So I'm one of those kids who started fighting games at SSF4, played that pretty exclusively with a little MvC3. I was OK at both (A couple C+ chars in SF4). I have started learning SCV because it generally looks sick, and have picked up Hilde (a halfway decent representation of a woman in a fighting game!? impossible, they dont even make functional armor for women!). I have had a really hard time figuring things out though.
My execution is pretty good and this games combos dont seem too hard. My basic gameplan has gone something like: stand back and do 6Bs pokes and 66A if I think they will sidestep. If they get in a bit, go for the 22B->release B->G->ender combo. Occasionally sprinkle in 1KK. This has not been working for me all that well, though:
1. I feel like once someone gets in on me, I get counterhit out of everything. Is this just the nature of playing hilde or do I have a gtfo move?
2. I dont really know when/how to apply mixups in this game, and I generally like playing very mixup-heavy. On knockdown people can roll out of most high/lows that I can come up with. I do not know of anything that gives me enough frame advantage to set me up for something. Also, I dont know of any lows I have that are scary enough to make people stop blocking high.
3. I do not know when/how to best use meter. Ive just been hoarding it for EXthrow ringout attempts which rarely work.
4. I have a hard time using the charge moves outside of combos. I played Juri some, so I am used to giving up a button for a while, but when you only have 3 buttons it seems like a huge deal. Should I be charging during other people's block strings?
5. I just generally feel like I do not know my gameplan. What would flowchart Hilde play look like?
6. Any other general advice? This game makes no sense to me!

I merged your thread once i finish this game of dota I will do a write up on your questions
ah sorry, should have read the forum rules. Appreciate the politeness though, many mods in other places have been much less kind about misplacing a thread, haha.

ah sorry, should have read the forum rules. Appreciate the politeness though, many mods in other places have been much less kind about misplacing a thread, haha.
1. spam 66K at any range its a safe i14 mid with insane knockback on block and a CH knockdown
2.on oki 1A/44K/2B is your best bet.

for mix ups 1B and 1A are amazing as they are both + on hit lows
2B+K is ok also but you have to be careful because its linear and slow

3. meter is best spent on random super.... hilde super is basically seths U1 I think....if you are pressing a button at any time or moving you die
4.Charging is mostly used for combos because of you not being able to break throws while charging also the second hits of C3A C2B and C3B can be just guarded and then you eat shit and die.
5. I can really help on this one since I play flow chart as shit
66K> if it hits do 66K again if not backdash
%90 of your offense is 66K and 22B
6. spam 66K srsly

Bubbles already answered but I'll give my take.
1. I feel like once someone gets in on me, I get counterhit out of everything. Is this just the nature of playing hilde or do I have a gtfo move?
66K is awesome since it KNDs on CH, but don't forget she has 2A which is very useful in many situations. But 66K KND sets up oki which I'll post a video of Oki strats and abusable shenanigans later when I setup my PS3 again.
2. I dont really know when/how to apply mixups in this game, and I generally like playing very mixup-heavy. On knockdown people can roll out of most high/lows that I can come up with. I do not know of anything that gives me enough frame advantage to set me up for something. Also, I dont know of any lows I have that are scary enough to make people stop blocking high.
Again, I'm a shenanigans player so this only works at a lower level, but Fuudo was shaking his head at it a couple of times -
Run Slide K is retarded. On KND, run at person, if they're rolling, slide K will still hit and set it up again. If they try to block low you can C1A (make sure you have it timed for C1A or C2A, since although C3A gives a far better advantage on KND, at high level, JG fucks you over) and then run at them again. If they try to stand up and 2A you just C1A earlier. If its Leixia with her cry baby and you have half a bar, GI it, forcing her to stand up, 3BA and run at her again. SHENANIGANZ!!!!!
Your best mix-up is actually on oki.
3. I do not know when/how to best use meter. Ive just been hoarding it for EXthrow ringout attempts which rarely work.
Hilde's meter is best used either on her BE throw (either into CE, W! or for RO), Punishing with CE (anything -16 or worse), or Extending combos (like when you C2B them facing ring edge, 3BE will ring out, and certain starters give amazing damage with 3BE extensions)
4. I have a hard time using the charge moves outside of combos. I played Juri some, so I am used to giving up a button for a while, but when you only have 3 buttons it seems like a huge deal. Should I be charging during other people's block strings?
Charges are generally fairly bad outside of combo. The only charges you should use outside of combo is C1-2A or C1B. The others get just guarded too easily. If you charge up enough for C4A, the W! combo is when Hilde's spear hand is next to the wall. That combo hurts like a @#$%^&*.
5. I just generally feel like I do not know my gameplan. What would flowchart Hilde play look like?
I play shenaniganz. I'm not a good player so I can't help here.
6. Any other general advice? This game makes no sense to me!
Not really. 22B C1A can't be interrupted if 22B is blocked. 2A, AA and 4A are all i13 but AA does the most damage, 2A crouches and AA does 4 less damage than AA but gives 4 more frames of advantage. They all have a use somewhere, but in general you'll only need AA and 2A. 4A is mostly a shenaniganz tool I abuse. A). to get enough advantage when I catch people off guard that I can land a throw. B). in air combos to see which direction they like to hold when air controlling. If they like holding back in an air combo, 4A C2B is legit and fucks with their mind. If they hold nothing or forward, 4A 2A+B (2A)*N is funny as fuck and will make people rage enough that your oki shenaniganz will work on them too.

Alrighty, so I'm a Nightmare player looking to take up Hilde, never played her before. What do I need to get down pat, and what moves are her most important ones (bread'n'butter)?

Back